SWGOH: Q&A w/Producers - 3/17/18

Replies

• @Viserys
    Completely agree. In fact, had the same conversation re it being the slower income rate of other requisite component pieces, such as AK/Ts in relation to Carabantis, in another thread, just last night.
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    Was_Whut wrote: »
    TrowaJedi wrote: »
    Hello,

I wanted to ask something regarding the future of the game rather than go over things that have already been addressed. One of my favorite characters is Starkiller from The Force Unleashed. I was very sad when it was deemed no longer cannon. I was hoping that at some point we may be able to get a version of him in this game as well as some other non-cannon characters such as Mira Skywalker or Jaecen and Jaina Solo. So my question is this; Is it possible that we may see some non-cannon characters in the future (distant or not so distant)?
    As this is entirely a canon game, allowed by the licence proprietor, I would very much doubt it.
    There is nothing in the game, or has ever been in the game to my knowledge, that is not canon.
    None of the EU/Legends stuff is here.

Wow, that's very not true.

Nihilus, Sion, Visas Marr, and Traya are all non-canon now. They're from an old video game that was excluded from canon, as well as Dengar, HK-47, Chief Nebit, Dathcha, Logray, Paploo (The ewok adventures movies are non-canon, too), Sith Marauder, Assassin, and Trooper (all from old video games), and Urororururrroror.

Some of those you could argue were seen in the movies (Dengar, the jawas, the ewoks, and the tusken), but they were only named and given stories in EU books. The sith, especially, are all non-canon.

So continue to hold your hope out, though my guess is that they'd exclude non-canon characteres like Mira Skywalker that specifically contradict the new canon (seems like Luke was never married in the new movies?), but characters that could fit in, like Starkiller, you could hold your hope out for. That's just my opinion, though. Anything is possible!
  • Slight disagreement. Logray and Dengar were named in the earliest action figure releases of them following their appearances in Return of the Jedi and Empire Strikes Back, respectively. Only know this because I owned both of them.
  • Was_Whut
    46 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Dretzle wrote: »

Nihilus, Sion, Visas Marr, and Traya are all non-canon now. They're from an old video game that was excluded from canon, as well as Dengar, HK-47, Chief Nebit, Dathcha, Logray, Paploo (The ewok adventures movies are non-canon, too), Sith Marauder, Assassin, and Trooper (all from old video games), and Urororururrroror.

Some of those you could argue were seen in the movies (Dengar, the jawas, the ewoks, and the tusken), but they were only named and given stories in EU books. The sith, especially, are all non-canon.

So continue to hold your hope out, though my guess is that they'd exclude non-canon characteres like Mira Skywalker that specifically contradict the new canon (seems like Luke was never married in the new movies?), but characters that could fit in, like Starkiller, you could hold your hope out for. That's just my opinion, though. Anything is possible!
    My apologies, I thought that when Disney reorganised the canon lore that TOR era was recognised and included.
    Events from KoTOR were referenced in Rebels. The Mandalorian War, Malachor etc.
    You can't reference non-canon events or locations (which took place specifically in KoTOR) in something that indisputably is canon (Rebels). That just wouldn't make any sense.
    I know that the Legends & EU stuff can be used for inspiration if it doesn't contradict anything in the main elements (8 films & 2 animated series'), but making direct reference seems to be doing a little more than simply using it for inspiration. It is legitimising the events, locations & characters.

Utter nonsense that Logray was only from the Ewok adventure movies, or only named in the EU. He was in RoTJ. I had the toy when the film came out.

I do not have any hope to hold out. It was not me who wanted the characters?
    Post edited by Was_Whut on
  • I wouldn't be opposed to an arena-style sandbox where I got to fight my guildmates and test my squads that way. I think that's what a lot of people are aiming for when they say "practice mode." If there isn't some kind of currency attached to it--besides ally coins, maybe--people will play it as they feel like it rather than because they feel it is required to get some thing or another.

Like, you can set up a handful of squads and ask your guildmates to test them and get feedback on them.
  • Nice Q&A - thank you. A holiday night wasn't convenient for anyone, sorry I just saw it this morning, but the dedication is very much noted! Hopefully there will be others - but in case you are looking through - my #1 is a request/question/both.

Current Arena Payout is during many peoples commute/dinner time (depending on Daylights saving time). I'd love to be able to compete, but this time period isn't practical. We really need a chance to change our payout times. Even if it's once a year (to prevent abuse) it'd be more then serviceable. I'd have no problem putting in some crystals as well, if it would make it more of an incentive to add in/fix.

#2 - thank you for giving an answer regarding 1000's of gear we already have - but many of us HAVE ALREADY been gearing up all the toons. The 1000's of gear is still present. I've no doubt you can detect high gear amounts along side developed rosters - can we cash on when we have more then 500 pcs of a gear? Convert it to shard shop currency, or something, so that it's useful.

Raid rewards are a close #3 - I saw you responded - but want to second (third, hundreth?) the sentiment. We push our guildies to make 600, push them to join in all the raids, and then after spending the time - they get Gear they need 1000's of - maybe if the above were addressed this wouldn't be quite so terrible.

Thank you again - this forum and the player base needs this.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I read through the whole QA sesh and I know the purpose of it was to communicate more and answer more questions, but I feel like they gave basically zero information. Hopefully we do get better communication in the coming weeks but that remains to be seen. Almost every question was answered with a "we can't tell you" or a "we like how that works tho but we might review it down the road"

This is the same tight-lipped sort of speech that people are unhappy about, I believe. I mean does it really affect your bottom line if people have a set date every 3 or 4 months to get JTR? I've always felt legendary events should be ever present and available once you have the requirements. But now I'm rambling. Let's see how much this gets edited or removed like everything else I post in the general forums section.. :) If anyone wants to discuss feel free, I'm sure some agree and disagree
  • Arathrawn wrote: »
    Just read through the answers provided. Nothing but an exercise in corporate speak and non committal answers.

The only things I learned from this Q&A are:
    -CG is happy with the status quo of everything in game
    -there will be no shard shuffle in FTP shops
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • botabu
    246 posts Member
    Also.... tell your mods to stop deleting ALL of the legitimate questions that users are asking. It is bordering on censorship now....
  • I call **** on this notion that the RNG in this game is as benign as baseball card packs. The closer you get in fragments to creating a piece of gear you need, the worse the RNG gets. That's intentional and predatory. People spending "thousands" on this game. Looking forward to the congressional hearings in about a year.

I doubt the game will last that long, at least at the rate the developers are going at.
  • 3. Having added Simming to Galactic War, we are looking at how much people play through it voluntarily, as it is a leading indicator of how much people want to play something like a Practice Mode.

The point about a pvp practice mode was totally missed in this response. Players want to battle their guild members' pvp squads in a "practice" setting, for fun and for bragging rights. GW does not reflect this at all. I sim GW 100% of the time but I would love to face off vs. my guild in a sparring session. The other comment about how this would be opened ended as essentially a waste of time was also off base and is missing the point.

Players want to play against each other for fun; galactic war is a terrible metric to use to measure this desire.
  • Carn
    52 posts Member
    A practice mode would be optional content where you dont get any rewards. So you don't need to play it.
    So why say that you dont want more time consuming content lol.
    Alot of people, me included, would love such a mode. All who dont like it won't need to play it and don't get any disadvantage by not doing so.

And why would anyone play GW manually when he can sim it?
    GW is just annoying at higher levels, you always win anyways, there is no challenge, nothing interesing. Just a boring time sink you need to do,
    Totally different from a pvp practice mode...
  • Carn wrote: »
    A practice mode would be optional content where you dont get any rewards. So you don't need to play it.
    So why say that you dont want more time consuming content lol.
    Alot of people, me included, would love such a mode. All who dont like it won't need to play it and don't get any disadvantage by not doing so.

And why would anyone play GW manually when he can sim it?
    GW is just annoying at higher levels, you always win anyways, there is no challenge, nothing interesing. Just a boring time sink you need to do,
    Totally different from a pvp practice mode...

This exactly. It wouldn't be a mandatory thing to do, but those who want to utilize it/have fun certainly can! And it would be a nice way to showcase certain toons that other players in the guild can't obtain quite yet like Sion, General Kenobi, or Jedi Training Rey.
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    [QUESTION: Kifaru12] Can we please have a practice mode for PVP?

[NR] At the moment we have no plans to build a practice mode for PvP. There are two reasons for this:
    1. There are other features that, we feel, are higher impact/priority to the playerbase. We know this is a common request, but we think there are some more "fun" things that we can produce instead. If we ultimately find that we have room and nothing competing in priority, we'd consider picking it up.
    2. A practice mode (at least what we see commonly requested for) would be unbounded in its time commitment (meaning you could play it all the time and unlimitedly). We are aware of the current time the game requests of player, we are hesitant to add more to it at this time.
    3. Having added Simming to Galactic War, we are looking at how much people play through it voluntarily, as it is a leading indicator of how much people want to play something like a Practice Mode.

Comparing Galactic War to a 'the Practice Mode' we're asking for is laughable. The current GW teams almost take as much time to fight as it does to sim the battle.

I envision a 'Practice Mode' to be like setting a Defense team in TW, then getting to attack that team with a team from my roster. Or a Practice Mode where you have the current top 10 meta teams in a static list, that I can go in and fight with a 30min count down, to experiment with new characters who are most likely UNDER GEARED and not ready for use in Arena (I say this now to say that Arena is not a substitute for a legit Practice Mode, since 'practicing' would cost you TIME re-climbing lost ranks and Lost crystals/arena rewards).

Also to be able to swap some mods on/off one character and replay a battle to 'feel' the before/after difference. (and no, I'm not asking for a MOD Tool to move whole sets) Even if it's a stripped down version of the 'Arena' mode, but within your own guild. Call it 'Sparring' and there are no rewards.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    @CG_Carrie. I read through your answers very carefully, and I want to thank you for going out of your way, and others at CG to give the community good responses that do not feel overly evasive as I know it is very difficult in business to do this. I am also more enthusiastic about the future of communication in regards to this game. Some of the more pressing questions I have had were directly answered, or cited for more information in the coming months. It is encouraging.

Thank you CG, for your commitment.

• Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Rogee wrote: »
    [QUESTION: Kifaru12] Can we please have a practice mode for PVP?

[NR] At the moment we have no plans to build a practice mode for PvP. There are two reasons for this:
    1. There are other features that, we feel, are higher impact/priority to the playerbase. We know this is a common request, but we think there are some more "fun" things that we can produce instead. If we ultimately find that we have room and nothing competing in priority, we'd consider picking it up.
    2. A practice mode (at least what we see commonly requested for) would be unbounded in its time commitment (meaning you could play it all the time and unlimitedly). We are aware of the current time the game requests of player, we are hesitant to add more to it at this time.
    3. Having added Simming to Galactic War, we are looking at how much people play through it voluntarily, as it is a leading indicator of how much people want to play something like a Practice Mode.

Comparing Galactic War to a 'the Practice Mode' we're asking for is laughable. The current GW teams almost take as much time to fight as it does to sim the battle.

I envision a 'Practice Mode' to be like setting a Defense team in TW, then getting to attack that team with a team from my roster. Or a Practice Mode where you have the current top 10 meta teams in a static list, that I can go in and fight with a 30min count down, to experiment with new characters who are most likely UNDER GEARED and not ready for use in Arena (I say this now to say that Arena is not a substitute for a legit Practice Mode, since 'practicing' would cost you TIME re-climbing lost ranks and Lost crystals/arena rewards).

Also to be able to swap some mods on/off one character and replay a battle to 'feel' the before/after difference. (and no, I'm not asking for a MOD Tool to move whole sets) Even if it's a stripped down version of the 'Arena' mode, but within your own guild. Call it 'Sparring' and there are no rewards.

A practice mode could be great if it is within the guild so I can test my team with attacking arena squads of other guild members or to find out how mine does on defense. It could help hone the best mod set-ups and team compositions. Currently asking shard mates in discord chats is the way to do this, and feels insufficient to me.

However, while I would enjoy the option of doing this I do agree that their efforts may be better spent improving other aspects of the game. I do respect that this game mode would be higher priority to other players than me though.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    I think if they simply upped the GW difficulty back to its pre-nerf levels for those that are able to sim it, it'd be a reasonable practice mode. But right now there's no reason to play it if you can sim it.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Personally I think they should give guilds the option of running Tb or tw. Have the same reward system for both. Two tw’s would equal 1 Tb completion. So playing two tw would offer the same reward structure as one Tb completion. This way u could run which one u liked better and lesson demands. Personally I don’t care for tw and with knew tw structure it’s even worse. Have already lost a couple of long time guild mates to retirement and it sucks because they liked new sith raid. In the end they thought with Tb and tw was just to much involved and wish they could back off of one of them. Just my 2 cents anyways.
  • So, when is the next Road Ahead due please?
  • If you still look through this; @CG_Carrie or @CG_RyDiggs .... how about them wookies? Maybe some uhh plans for a wookie faction in the future?(seeing as how we have jawas and ewoks ...)
  • Mahbrethir
    234 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Good lord this was disappointing.

I had more quotes in here, but I think I'll just stick to one @CG_Carrie and @CG_RyDiggs
    QUESTION: AaronBurrSir] Is there a technical reason in why we can't do Bronzium multipulls?
    [CVG] The technical answer is that handling a massive number of drops is not currently supported in the game. That said, it would be possible (with work) to enable that. We have been talking about what to do with the Bronzium packs and system overall, and haven't yet landed on where we think this aspect of the game should go yet. All that currency was introduced with the tournament system and was intended to be used for that. We weren't prepared for it to be used only for bronzium packs, so it will be more challenging than simply enabling that functionality.

hLzwS3i.png

swgoh-fleetmegapack01.jpg

I think this kind of gets at the problem with every answer in this entire post, there are very very few answers. I appreciate the effort, but you're not addressing the problem, any problem. You're just restating what you've said in other posts and ignoring the community.

I think what you meant to say was, "since this is related to a free part of the game, we haven't spent any time on it, because adding a 10x icon in the shop is hard."

"The best way to get feedback to us is..." Post it here, have it deleted and moved to a forum that no one goes to and have your post be ignored for weeks. Tis not fun guys... not fun.
  • Mahbrethir
    234 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    QUESTION: AaronBurrSir] Is there a technical reason in why we can't do Bronzium multipulls?
    [CVG] The technical answer is that handling a massive number of drops is not currently supported in the game. That said, it would be possible (with work) to enable that. We have been talking about what to do with the Bronzium packs and system overall, and haven't yet landed on where we think this aspect of the game should go yet. All that currency was introduced with the tournament system and was intended to be used for that. We weren't prepared for it to be used only for bronzium packs, so it will be more challenging than simply enabling that functionality.

Since my... prior post was deleted, here's a nicer go at it. Since multiple drops are available for other portions of the game, even right next to bronzium pulls (ie, chromium) what's the difference with these?

If you are deciding to do something else with it, should we begin hoarding our ally points?

Regarding their potential use in other areas of the game:Crystals are used for multiple things in the game, but that doesn't impact the use of the 10x purchase for Chromium cards, so why not add the quality of life improvement to use up ally points faster?

I don't feel like your answer seemed to address anything about why you haven't, but only stated that you might do something else later.
  • Thank you for answering every question with avoidance. Maybe that should be the next skill for a new toon.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    There's a really obvious reason why no "practice mode" exists nor will exist. Think about it.
  • Dretzle wrote: »
    Was_Whut wrote: »
    TrowaJedi wrote: »
    Hello,

I wanted to ask something regarding the future of the game rather than go over things that have already been addressed. One of my favorite characters is Starkiller from The Force Unleashed. I was very sad when it was deemed no longer cannon. I was hoping that at some point we may be able to get a version of him in this game as well as some other non-cannon characters such as Mira Skywalker or Jaecen and Jaina Solo. So my question is this; Is it possible that we may see some non-cannon characters in the future (distant or not so distant)?
    As this is entirely a canon game, allowed by the licence proprietor, I would very much doubt it.
    There is nothing in the game, or has ever been in the game to my knowledge, that is not canon.
    None of the EU/Legends stuff is here.

Unfortunately, the Jawas were all named. The fact is Dathcha is played by Gary Kurtz' daughter Tiffany. Most of the Jawas had names or were given alias by their appearance, ie: Cyclops, one eye of the costume kept shorting out and the other kept moving towards the center of the actor's face. Tuskins are definitely not named except in the KotOR games and MMO. Every Ewok had a name, rewatch the end credits of RoJ and let your head swim in murder bears. Every Bounty Hunter on the Executor definitely had a name, even Raggedy Andy!

/cheers if you know what Klatuu Barada Nikto means and the crime syndicate boss associated with the phrase
  • lovemat
    270 posts Member
    Are more event's centered around ships or more daily activities maybe like a Galatic War for ships something we can use ships in more than fleet Arena, territory wars and Territory battles .And adding more ship options for different factions already in the game many are absent
  • lovemat
    270 posts Member
    Bishoplod wrote: »
    I want to start this off by saying thanks for taking the time to look at these, I hope that you can take the constructive feedback and the non constructive feedback that is provided in the next couple of hours, and find something useful in the voice of your players. I also want to say that by profession, I want data to make decisions and I hope you would too. I only have "I feel" statements as opposed to "90% of the players I talk to" or other versions of clearly defined metrics to add weight to my questions. I try to subjective when forming my opinions about how I feel about things. If needed for any of my below statements in my questions, I will do what I can to get you that information if it helps you make decisions, to my liking or not, that help the game move forward. I also want to apologize for any of my typing that doesn't read too well. I didn't get much prep time to provide more well constructed statements to articulate my rants. Thanks again for your time.

Would you be willing to talk about mods and they way they are implemented in the game? I have played several other mobile games that had similar mechanics but they were 1) not tied to an already scarce resource that served a completely different purpose like cantina energy 2) there weren't multiple layers of RNG involved in getting something usable.

Farming for mods is not fun. It is not linear, but it is better than it was since 100% drop rate was introduced. I understand that mods are a money maker, but is there anything that says they make more money because of the non linear progression. When I mod farm, I have to stop farming other characters that I could use for arena, tw, tb, raids, to have a chance at something useable. I have to roll the dice on 1) will I get a slot I need assuming I am doing the challenges 2) will i get the right primary for that slot 3) will it roll native speed 4) will the speed upgrade. That is a lot of layers of RNG involved. With so much RNG, it does not feel like progression. There is no sense of making progress on improving my mods since as we all know, speed is king.

I think it would be easy to either uncouple mods from cantina energy or reduce the RNG in some way, like allowing us to reroll stats on a mod for a price, or something.

I also would love some mod management tools, even if it was just something as similar to the squad management tool where I could have a preset for R2. When I had R2 opened up on mod management and I selected that set, as many of those mods that weren't equipped elsewhere would be equipped to him and those on other characters would stay there. It would also help to have a drop all mods from a character button as well as equip 6 mods to a character. When going into TW, I dread going through and throwing random mods on everyone...and then having to take them all off.

Yes separate mod and Cantina energy that is best for the game
  • Mahbrethir wrote: »
    Good lord this was disappointing.

I had more quotes in here, but I think I'll just stick to one @CG_Carrie and @CG_RyDiggs

hLzwS3i.png

swgoh-fleetmegapack01.jpg

I think this kind of gets at the problem with every answer in this entire post, there are very very few answers. I appreciate the effort, but you're not addressing the problem, any problem. You're just restating what you've said in other posts and ignoring the community.

I think what you meant to say was, "since this is related to a free part of the game, we haven't spent any time on it, because adding a 10x icon in the shop is hard."

"The best way to get feedback to us is..." Post it here, have it deleted and moved to a forum that no one goes to and have your post be ignored for weeks. Tis not fun guys... not fun.

Don't the pictures shown prove that multibuying bronzium packs is possible? Seems more like lazy development.