The progression of zeta mats and why additional farms are needed.

2Next

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    Zetas are more accessible though. You get them in TW...

Provided your guild is both over 30M GP and winning or over 60M GP. I would guess that's not every player's situation.
  • FieldL
    96 posts Member
    Reason: you can’t compete with p2p and you need more to compete with them.
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    I have used 9 zetas and happy with all, just have to choose wisely. Ive used one on CLS, R2, EP, Vader, Maul, QGJ, Barriss, Savage, Raid Han. Regret none of them.
  • "still need 4 zetas on other toons" there's the answer to your problem right there. Spend wisely and pick and choose
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Cassius97 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Yep. If there were no choices to be made there'd be no reason to play.

Also, I find myself short on omegas rather than zetas atm somehow.

Yeah I find with TW's and zetas being awarded for finishing certain challenges that they have become rather plentiful compared to omegas assuming you do well in fleet area.

You need more omegas materials but you can only get one per day as a rule and have to wait for the infrequent Omega challenges that give a paltry one omega.

Really need to add some more omega rewards into the game.

You can buy them from the fleet store. I don't think they're always there, but omegas are in the slot next to zetas.

But since it takes at least 20 days to get enough zeta materials, it's often easier to just start collecting both. That way you'll definitely have enough omegas by the time you have enough zetas. (And will be bottlenecked because you thought you needed 20 purple ability mats but actually need 30 ;) )
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I strongly disagree with the OP. I appreciate that access to zetas is limited and that I have to make a hard decision every time I assign a zeta.

As an additional bonus, the fact that Free-To-Play players have nearly equal access to zetas as Pay-To-Play players is a great design element. I don't think many FTP players begrudge the fact that PTP players teams and rosters are often superior, but the near-equitable access to zetas allows FTP to remain reasonably competitive, which is necessary to maintain the Fun.
    Meatbag
  • I am totally cool with the cadence for receiving Zetas. I am not cool with how long it takes to get omegas. Even with one a day, it’s a full month to fully omega one characte’s abilities.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Moved to Strategy - DM me if you prefer it be moved to a Feedback section.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Lee_Troyer wrote: »

Provided your guild is both over 30M GP and winning or over 60M GP. I would guess that's not every player's situation.

Grow your roster and then find a better guild.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

Yeah I find with TW's and zetas being awarded for finishing certain challenges that they have become rather plentiful compared to omegas assuming you do well in fleet area.

You need more omegas materials but you can only get one per day as a rule and have to wait for the infrequent Omega challenges that give a paltry one omega.

You can buy them from the fleet store. I don't think they're always there, but omegas are in the slot next to zetas.

They aren't always there, they share a slot with purple mats.
  • There plentiful, but not abundant. I have 16 zeta'd toons, and the only one I really regret is Dooku. Do I wish they were more accessible? Yes. But that would devalue their importance. Only thing I would change is every new toon coming out needs to have one or two or three to be relevant. They should be viable without a zeta. The zeta should just make them better.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Blah blah

More zetas would be welcome...ofc.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Wait didn’t I make this same post months ago?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/124434/the-zeta-crunch/p1

I got berated because I already had “soooo many zetas”...

17 zetas at the time... now I have 35!!!

Still it’s never enough..

Most are obsolete by now... but yet the struggle to get them persists...

Still haven’t done a lot of the “big ones” :(

Zolo & Zylo or anything useful on CLS... and a million more that might be fun to experiment with

It’s an awful grind... only made worse by the introduction of shiny new charachters with ever more amazing zetas to get!

There really should be some other way to obtain them other than what we currently have
  • Smapty wrote: »

You spend 35 zetas and still haven't done the ones you want? What exactly did you do then? ...

• NicWester wrote: »

But since it takes at least 20 days to get enough zeta materials, it's often easier to just start collecting both. That way you'll definitely have enough omegas by the time you have enough zetas. (And will be bottlenecked because you thought you needed 20 purple ability mats but actually need 30 ;) )

It doesn't take 20 days to get 20 zeta materials though. You can potentially get 6 per week during a TW week. 3-4 per week from challenges. Finishing first in arena can land you essentially one zeta mat per day. You can get 20 zeta mats in 10 days if things line up right.

Omegas are actually harder to come by now. Yeah I guess you can farm them in fleet, but that and dailies are the only reliable ways to farm them when there are like 3-4 methods for zetas.

I get this is probably not a problem for everyone, but if you are in a strong guild and do well in fleet arena, omegas are the major bottleneck. You should be able to accumulate 2-3 omegas for every zeta, but its not the case.
  • @NicWester, how/when do you use 5's zeta? do you use him in clones team or somewhere else in TW?
  • Cassius97 wrote: »

It doesn't take 20 days to get 20 zeta materials though. You can potentially get 6 per week during a TW week. 3-4 per week from challenges. Finishing first in arena can land you essentially one zeta mat per day. You can get 20 zeta mats in 10 days if things line up right.

Omegas are actually harder to come by now. Yeah I guess you can farm them in fleet, but that and dailies are the only reliable ways to farm them when there are like 3-4 methods for zetas.

I get this is probably not a problem for everyone, but if you are in a strong guild and do well in fleet arena, omegas are the major bottleneck. You should be able to accumulate 2-3 omegas for every zeta, but its not the case.

I've been buying omegas from fleet shipments instead of zetas lately. Lol
  • Would be nice if they added a zeta tier to the omega events, that would add a couple extra mats a month. I don't think that would swing things too far one way or the other, just a nice little extra.
  • Julmay
    177 posts Member
    edited March 2018

It depends on where you are in fleet on how long it takes to get 20 zetas. Not everyone is at the top of their fleet shard. Some of us are pushing 100. Some because our ships are not good enough to be better. Some because the extra rewards don't justify the extra time. Some because fleet is boringwhen fighting the same set of ships over and over and over .......

This game is big enough for different opinions and places on the leader board.

Btw.....
    Roughly 16 days for 20 zetas
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    Smapty wrote: »

You spend 35 zetas and still haven't done the ones you want? What exactly did you do then? ...

I didn’t say I “wanted” them... just don’t have many of the most popular zetas...

I like to try new things ;)
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

I didn’t say I “wanted” them... just don’t have many of the most popular zetas...

Your frowny-face emoji indicated you do want them though.
  • Smapty wrote: »

Which ones were you pleasantly surprised by.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    This game has always been about choices. You can't have everything.

This was the case, until TBs were release.

TBs has made it to where not only do you have to have EVERYTHING, most guild now require you to have EVERYTHING, pretty much making EVERYTHING the primary focus of the game now.

Your "choice" now consists of... which EVERYTHING do I get next?

I can sum it up & show you how correct I am in 1 toon... Pao... is... required >.<
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »

Which ones were you pleasantly surprised by.

Ewoks with all the zetas are pretty awesome...

There’s some older ones I’ve done like Asajj that have returned to being useful again...

Jyn lead pretty useful... Yoda lead not so much :(

A lot of them are situational and depend on the team you use them in
  • TVF wrote: »
    Lee_Troyer wrote: »

Grow your roster and then find a better guild.

Some of have great rosters & choose a smaller guild for multiple reasons that have zero to do w/ access to zetas in TWs.

Just to clarify... some1 is looking for better access to zetas, your response is bail on your guild?

Your guild must be proud to know that they count on you at all costs! Until something better comes along... smh
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    How/when do you use 5's zeta? do you use him in clones team or somewhere else in TW?

I put together a Clone+Jawa Scavenger team for HAAT. Naturally Cody got his zeta first, but once I had him I put one on 5s also, so that he could fit more Offense on his mods. When the tank isn't toppled (or when it comes out of Topple and has 100% TM) you can take a lot of AoE which will basically fill his turn meter completely.

I also feel like I get good value out of it in TW, but don't know for sure--I feel like it's an easy zeta for people to overlook, so while they're ignoring 5s and going after other Clones they're feeding him and fueling his obnoxious assist. As I said, though, I don't know for sure because the game only shows you the number of times you were attacked--not by what team. If I'm getting beat by a high-power team, then that's a trade I'm willing to make! (That team uses Leia instead of the Jawa, naturally)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.