Strong Bench or Max Level?

Just curious to see what your strategies will be when the level cap increase comes. Will you focus on maxing out your arena squad first or building the bench for the inevitable increase in GW difficulty? still undecided myself.
Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!

Replies

• Max my gw squad first and use many of them in arena to hold rank in the 20's.
  • Depends on your goals. My arena team is max level. I have 2 healers that are 5-8 levels behind but have GL 7. Top 5 arena rank and clear GW most days.

Gear is more important than level imo.
  • I'll be going for strong bench so that I can finish GW. It's the only way of making money to level & star everyone up.
  • Are they upping the level cap soon? I sure hope not....
  • I don't know how soon but they are updating the "possible rewards" and level reqs description for te daily challenges. Probably within a month I would expect. Too soon for me too, but I think the more experienced players have waited long enough. Top 500 ony server is all about the same level, just different gear and star levels.

I think my approach will be to gear and * my bench first. Bench currently has very promising arena players and I'll need them to get me through GW. I can't leave Dooku and QuiGon at such a low level....
  • This will be a really tough choice.

If you consider the resources need to get from 60 to 70 and that it will be bigger still to get from 70 to 80, then it will be a huge investment for every character.

Maintaining a deep roster will be incredibly tough.

Imagine when you start getting level 80 teams from round two of GW onwards!
  • mel
    127 posts Member
    I'm at 70 but I've got 10 toons at 65 (5 to 7*), 3 at 63 (5 *), rest all between 51-58. All my 65s/63s have purple gear, and minimum level 5 abilities across the board (a couple at 6).

I'll level them up eventually, but I'm in no rush. Going for the build really and I level them up when I hit a piece of gear that requires them to be 65.
  • I will try to keep up with the level for my 5 arena toons. Keeping up with the Arena ranking brings constant crystals and tokens.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    I have 40 characters. 15 purple gear, quite a few gear 8. I don't have much to work on now so I'm debating bumping my remaining 25 characters to purple gear or save credits. Decisions decisions.
  • As far as "bench" is concerned, will just be about 5-6 toons at decent level and decent gear. Not maxed out like arena and GW team. I can't see getting trough GW without a half decent B team. Suicide squad is no good without having a cleanup team to go in after. I prefer that not be the A team because at 70+ a team of level 40-50 is just another suicide squad.
  • How much do you want to bet that the biggest problem going forward will be credits?
  • Going to focus on my main 5.
  • As far as "bench" is concerned, will just be about 5-6 toons at decent level and decent gear. Not maxed out like arena and GW team. I can't see getting trough GW without a half decent B team. Suicide squad is no good without having a cleanup team to go in after. I prefer that not be the A team because at 70+ a team of level 40-50 is just another suicide squad.

I've seen that get even worse, my squads of level 30-40 that I used to use are almost completely eliminated by one hit from Sid.
  • Naugrin wrote: »
    How much do you want to bet that the biggest problem going forward will be credits?

I'm sure of it! However it does help when you've promoted enough toons to good *levels. Then all your credits can go to leveling. But until that point, credits will be extremely hard to manage.

I've seen that get even worse, my squads of level 30-40 that I used to use are almost completely eliminated by one hit from Sid.
    True! My B team is between 55-63 level and mostly gear 7. Even at that, their usefulness is limited. I'll need a second good healer like Bariss if I want a viable B team
  • I'm starting to favor my 5 Arena toons. But overall I like to have around 10 toons that are balanced for GW. I'm enjoying completing GW and the high prices.