SWGOH: Q&A w/Producers - 3/17/18

Replies

• Mahbrethir wrote: »
    Good lord this was disappointing.

I had more quotes in here, but I think I'll just stick to one @CG_Carrie and @CG_RyDiggs
    QUESTION: AaronBurrSir] Is there a technical reason in why we can't do Bronzium multipulls?
    [CVG] The technical answer is that handling a massive number of drops is not currently supported in the game. That said, it would be possible (with work) to enable that. We have been talking about what to do with the Bronzium packs and system overall, and haven't yet landed on where we think this aspect of the game should go yet. All that currency was introduced with the tournament system and was intended to be used for that. We weren't prepared for it to be used only for bronzium packs, so it will be more challenging than simply enabling that functionality.

hLzwS3i.png

swgoh-fleetmegapack01.jpg

I think this kind of gets at the problem with every answer in this entire post, there are very very few answers. I appreciate the effort, but you're not addressing the problem, any problem. You're just restating what you've said in other posts and ignoring the community.

I think what you meant to say was, "since this is related to a free part of the game, we haven't spent any time on it, because adding a 10x icon in the shop is hard."

"The best way to get feedback to us is..." Post it here, have it deleted and moved to a forum that no one goes to and have your post be ignored for weeks. Tis not fun guys... not fun.

Don't the pictures shown prove that multibuying bronzium packs is possible? Seems more like lazy development.

unless, of course you get 600 different drops from the simming.
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Mahbrethir wrote: »

I had more quotes in here, but I think I'll just stick to one @CG_Carrie and @CG_RyDiggs
    QUESTION: AaronBurrSir] Is there a technical reason in why we can't do Bronzium multipulls?
    [CVG] The technical answer is that handling a massive number of drops is not currently supported in the game. That said, it would be possible (with work) to enable that. We have been talking about what to do with the Bronzium packs and system overall, and haven't yet landed on where we think this aspect of the game should go yet. All that currency was introduced with the tournament system and was intended to be used for that. We weren't prepared for it to be used only for bronzium packs, so it will be more challenging than simply enabling that functionality.

hLzwS3i.png

I think this kind of gets at the problem with every answer in this entire post, there are very very few answers. I appreciate the effort, but you're not addressing the problem, any problem. You're just restating what you've said in other posts and ignoring the community.

I think what you meant to say was, "since this is related to a free part of the game, we haven't spent any time on it, because adding a 10x icon in the shop is hard."

"The best way to get feedback to us is..." Post it here, have it deleted and moved to a forum that no one goes to and have your post be ignored for weeks. Tis not fun guys... not fun.

Don't the pictures shown prove that multibuying bronzium packs is possible? Seems more like lazy development.

Obviously the system can't handle that. But for hard battle nodes, you can sim 5 max and normal mode is 20 max. In game mechanics prove that it is possible.
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Mahbrethir wrote: »

hLzwS3i.png

And you don't get multiple drops from one bronzium.
  • Question: Any plans on revising the arena (regular and fleet) payout system? Both my payouts (regular arena and fleet) happen when I'm at work.
  • C3hyp77
    162 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    There is a lot of problem in this game for sure . The main for me is the rewards of the haat and sith raid . How is it possible that you gave us the same rewards we get in the challenge . I mean , it's really disrespecful for all the players who built their teams ( and it takes a long long time ) for these raids . Maybe it's the thousandth message about it , but i wanted to tell you . So my question is simple : why ? . Because you knows that all your players have 2 or 3 thousands of the challenge gear . I think it's maybe the only game to do that , and it's a shame for you . I don't even ask to replaced it by some another gear , just take it out from the raids .
  • TUP
    2 posts Member
    just recently with all the surge of sin tickets that players get. we should get more energy to use the tickets. or have an event or challenge that gives a considerable amount of energy like as much as your sim tickets. I have well over 2k. just a thought. also I'm not sure where to go to suggest new players that really should be on the game, or if I can even do that? lol
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

When you sim 12 GW nodes, you get multiple lines of rewards that begin scrolling if they don't fit on the page. This supports that it should be easy to open packs in batches of 20-100 - just fetch from server, then do the display animation, while doing that, fetch from server the next batch, etc. The user can click on a "Finish" button at any time to stop opening bronziums.
    However, I suspect the main reason this hasn't been addressed is because this is a "wait it out" kind of bug - eventually most users will simply chip away at their horde and it will cease to be a problem. Or they won't bother, and still not a problem for the game. I don't agree with that, but I can see that being the reasoning behind why this feature is continually pushed back.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Hello, i am a player of about 2 years, i would consider myself "mid-game".
    Please consider allowing players to move mods cost free at the the very least if mod managing is not implemented for some time.
    Please consider removing challenge gear from raid and event rewards (aside from carbanti mk3, hypo syringes mk6, SuroSub keypads mk4). Also gear from Tank Gear Challenge almost has 0 use. Add something that players actually need?
    It would be very nice to have another tier of Gear Challenges that provides gold gear that is inevitably needed at higher gear tiers and in high numbers.
    Hard battle nodes: Some could use additional nodes as they only consist of 5 battles. Could be a perfect spot for those toons who are much needed, yet have very limited farming locations( wink wink some could use extra nodes lol)

@CG_Carrie and team, Thank you for taking your time and doing this Q&A. I did not intend on being a critic with this post if i come across as such. Some answers showed the perspective we all hoped for, while others did not fully address all of the issues. Im just glad healthy communication has been established by your team with us, the players. Thank you for this amazing game, and for giving us a chance to voice our opinions and concerns. Have a wonderful day.
  • @CG_Carrie

I missed this Q& A. I don't know if these particular questions will every be answered, but I had a few:

1. Will anything ever be done with fleet and squad arena times?

I noticed that no one asked this question, but a change in this area is a major wish of everyone in my arena shard chats and guild. Arena is one of the best parts of the game for many of us, but it's payout timing is horrible and tone deaf. The majority of the people I interact with in this game (and who have disposable income that goes toward the game) are Star Wars fans in their 30's or 40's. We are the type of people who have careers and families. Yet, every night during dinner and family time, arena calls. This is highly annoying. If I could change just one thing about this game, I would allow users to either pick their own payout hour or (given that the time requirements of this mobile game are already significant) do away with the concept of a specific time requirement for arena payouts altogether. A positive change to this area would increase my enjoyment of the game a thousandfold.

2. Wouldn't the scoring changes have fixed the ties in TW without the need to add more squads on defense?

In regards to your comments on the question "Why was there an increase in the number of teams required for TW? You stated that "We found at the top level of TW play, the competition was so heavy and the rosters were so deep that having fewer squads didn't challenge that play enough, and was part of the reason that there were more ties." I submit that the scoring change alone would have been sufficient to eliminate ties. Why didn't you try this first and see if people enjoyed it? The extra defenses could have been added later if necessary.

My guild finds the extra defenses to be onerous from a time requirement and enjoyment perspective. I'm not sure what you consider at "top level", but we are in the 140-160 bracket and top 70 in GP.

3. Finally, I would like to address your response to "Can we please have a practice mode for PVP?"

You said, "A practice mode (at least what we see commonly requested for) would be unbounded in its time commitment (meaning you could play it all the time and unlimitedly). We are aware of the current time the game requests of player, we are hesitant to add more to it at this time".

My first thought to your answer was "Your aware of time requirements but increase TW to 35 nodes?" What you miss here is that when people complain about time requirements it's largely about being required to do things at set times as opposed to spending time in the game in general. We have to run our day based on a SWGOH schedule. Many people would love to spend 3 hours of their own choosing in game, but they don't want to have to be forced to do 7 15 min sessions at set times of the day. For a PURELY OPTIONAL practice arena that could be played whenever the player chooses, time is not an issue.

You also said, "Having added Simming to Galactic War, we are looking at how much people play through it voluntarily, as it is a leading indicator of how much people want to play something like a Practice Mode."

Any statistics you glean from this would be completely misleading and or garbage. You need to understand the data you are gathering and what it means. I SIM GW, yet I want a practice arena. Why? You dumbed the difficulty of GW down so dramatically that those of us at end game can not use ANY GW node for practicing arena comps and theory crafting. The squads on the last node are not up to the task of simulating the teams we face in arena or TW. Theory crafting and testing squads can now only occur in arena by using crystals for extra battles, which honestly is what I suspect you want anyway. It won't make your player base like you though.

• AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Im just glad healthy communication has been established by your team with us, the players.

I think that's overstating things by about a mile. One rushed, late night, weekend "Q&A" session by panicked developers spewing the same pablum we've been getting for years as a reaction to a point-man that went off the rails is NOT healthy communication. Nothing has changed. And I seriously doubt anything ever will.

• Please consider allowing players to move mods cost free at the the very least if mod managing is not implemented for some time.

This would be really good. I recently had a major mod reshuffle and upgrade...cost me about 6 mill. That seems extortionate for little gain to anyone.

• @CG_Carrie

I missed this Q& A. I don't know if these particular questions will every be answered, but I had a few:

I noticed that no one asked this question, but a change in this area is a major wish of everyone in my arena shard chats and guild. Arena is one of the best parts of the game for many of us, but it's payout timing is horrible and tone deaf. The majority of the people I interact with in this game (and who have disposable income that goes toward the game) are Star Wars fans in their 30's or 40's. We are the type of people who have careers and families. Yet, every night during dinner and family time, arena calls. This is highly annoying. If I could change just one thing about this game, I would allow users to either pick their own payout hour or (given that the time requirements of this mobile game are already significant) do away with the concept of a specific time requirement for arena payouts altogether. A positive change to this area would increase my enjoyment of the game a thousandfold.

2. Wouldn't the scoring changes have fixed the ties in TW without the need to add more squads on defense?

In regards to your comments on the question "Why was there an increase in the number of teams required for TW? You stated that "We found at the top level of TW play, the competition was so heavy and the rosters were so deep that having fewer squads didn't challenge that play enough, and was part of the reason that there were more ties." I submit that the scoring change alone would have been sufficient to eliminate ties. Why didn't you try this first and see if people enjoyed it? The extra defenses could have been added later if necessary.

My guild finds the extra defenses to be onerous from a time requirement and enjoyment perspective. I'm not sure what you consider at "top level", but we are in the 140-160 bracket and top 70 in GP.

3. Finally, I would like to address your response to "Can we please have a practice mode for PVP?"

You said, "A practice mode (at least what we see commonly requested for) would be unbounded in its time commitment (meaning you could play it all the time and unlimitedly). We are aware of the current time the game requests of player, we are hesitant to add more to it at this time".

My first thought to your answer was "Your aware of time requirements but increase TW to 35 nodes?" What you miss here is that when people complain about time requirements it's largely about being required to do things at set times as opposed to spending time in the game in general. We have to run our day based on a SWGOH schedule. Many people would love to spend 3 hours of their own choosing in game, but they don't want to have to be forced to do 7 15 min sessions at set times of the day. For a PURELY OPTIONAL practice arena that could be played whenever the player chooses, time is not an issue.

You also said, "Having added Simming to Galactic War, we are looking at how much people play through it voluntarily, as it is a leading indicator of how much people want to play something like a Practice Mode."

Any statistics you glean from this would be completely misleading and or garbage. You need to understand the data you are gathering and what it means. I SIM GW, yet I want a practice arena. Why? You dumbed the difficulty of GW down so dramatically that those of us at end game can not use ANY GW node for practicing arena comps and theory crafting. The squads on the last node are not up to the task of simulating the teams we face in arena or TW. Theory crafting and testing squads can now only occur in arena by using crystals for extra battles, which honestly is what I suspect you want anyway. It won't make your player base like you though.

This^^ I CANNOT try out a "non-meta" team that I want to see if it works in arena or just play around with my roster because it's easy to think the team is good when you're facing teams with like 15-20k less overall power. Or a Hodge podge team with no synergy.

Id love to be able to log in between class or whatever and just run a couple battles freely
  • CG_Carrie wrote: »
    [QUESTION: Kifaru12] Can we please have a practice mode for PVP?

[NR] At the moment we have no plans to build a practice mode for PvP. There are two reasons for this:
    1. There are other features that, we feel, are higher impact/priority to the playerbase. We know this is a common request, but we think there are some more "fun" things that we can produce instead. If we ultimately find that we have room and nothing competing in priority, we'd consider picking it up.
    2. A practice mode (at least what we see commonly requested for) would be unbounded in its time commitment (meaning you could play it all the time and unlimitedly). We are aware of the current time the game requests of player, we are hesitant to add more to it at this time.
    3. Having added Simming to Galactic War, we are looking at how much people play through it voluntarily, as it is a leading indicator of how much people want to play something like a Practice Mode.

If i may give some counterpoints from a players perspective
    1) we keep asking for this because it is really really important to us the players, I get that the dev thing does not see it as being a priority, but look at what all the gamechangers do, they run endless arena matches with unlimited resources, and we watch that because its the closest we can come to having an idea of how our teams will fare vs other stuff. This is very important to us the players.

2) yes it would be unbounded in its time commitment, meaning if we want to play the game we can actually play the game, not stare at our empty energy totals and completed activities, sigh and put the game away. but since we are asking for a practice mode with no rewards tied to it, putting time in would be completely voluntary. a guild mate of mine has maxed out ewoks, i have maxed out phoenix, we would love to square them off against eachother to see how it plays, but that is literally impossible right now.....

3) I see your point about GW, but really? GW has never been a mode where you could practice, due to the silly teams that you would draw, and the turn meter loading it was never a match from scratch. plus if you are at end game level nothing in GW will pose the slightest challenge. myself and most of my guild hit the auto button on GW 12 times a day before you made it simmable, and we only used one team. that does not even come close to giving a real practice mode.....

In closing please listen to your players, often times we are greedy and whiny, but when we ask for features like this it is because we want to PLAY the game more, and we want to have FUN. denying us that on the basis that you think we play too much is just weird especially when you keep loading us with content that we essentially HAVE to grind away at for hours per day.

P.S. as an example i ahve mroe than one guild mate who has done so many runs trying to get a good score in heroic sith raid that people are using ziplock bags and putting their phones in the freezer...... you did this to us and tell us we play too much......
  • Sparrow wrote: »
    n closing please listen to your players, often times we are greedy and whiny, but when we ask for features like this it is because we want to PLAY the game more, and we want to have FUN. denying us that on the basis that you think we play too much is just weird especially when you keep loading us with content that we essentially HAVE to grind away at for hours per day.
    Completely agree. I do think that the reason they provided is disingenuous.
    It feels more like that if they put a practice mode in, the people might spend more time playing in there & enjoying themselves without being prompted by the CPU AI to go and spend more in order to get past it.
  • Could you rework the bonus damage in the Sith Raid? We just completed our first heroic, and everyone who was in the raid when it finished (including myself) got over 5 Million bonus damage, which is a lot more than many people did in the entire raid, to just get it for free doesn't seem fair.
    Why not keep the same mechanics of them killing each other, but not award free bonus damage for it?
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Free bonus damage? What?
  • Kronen
    306 posts Member
    Just enough specifics to think you got answers but enough vague responses that we're back at square one. Basically it all boils down to.
    1. We won't say anything definitely on anything in development until it's finalized because we don't want gripe from players that can't figure out the difference between were working on and it's definitely being added or chasing a rabbit that suddenly disappears.
    2. Bronzium multi-pulls and selling or trading in excess gear will not be coming because we don't know how to do it without upsetting too many players that don't understand how it works or mess up.
  • Remove challenge gear from raids. It can’t be that difficult
  • Drazz127 wrote: »
    Could you rework the bonus damage in the Sith Raid? We just completed our first heroic, and everyone who was in the raid when it finished (including myself) got over 5 Million bonus damage, which is a lot more than many people did in the entire raid, to just get it for free doesn't seem fair.
    Why not keep the same mechanics of them killing each other, but not award free bonus damage for it?
    Quick question: Did the 5M Bonus apply equally to all members who had participated in the Raid?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie

This. Responses like "just use GW as a practice mode - we'll use that as a 'leading indicator'..." is the type of response that leads players to believe that many of those making decisions about the game and it's content have no idea what it's like to actually play the game.

GW is so incredibly useless for end-game players as anything other than a quick rewards hit. You can't test anything against the nerfed and non-synergistic teams there. As a Nov. 2015 player, I don't face anything remotely close in TW, TB or Arena to the weak teams in GW. I sim it everyday. Not because I don't want to practice - but because those teams are useless to practice against. It's not practice for anything useful. Honestly, while I appreciate the nerf saving me time, it's kind of sad as GW was one of my favorite game modes before it was nerfed it into uselessness.

Now, with the silly over-done scoring in TW, it seems as though there is an attempt to sabotage my new favorite part of the game.

As a long time player, I honestly have to say, many aspects of the game are heading in the completely wrong direction. And honestly, some of the "answers" in this Q&A are proof of that concern, not alleviating it.

The requests for QOL improvements that players most ask for are ignored, while other "improvements" only make things worse. And the reasons given seem hollow and ill-planned. While I appreciate more communication, it seems as though some of it either suggests that CG doesn't really understand (i.e. don't play their own game) the player base or simply doesn't want to make the game experience better if it doesn't fall in line with their bottom line profits.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    @Nikoms565 that is why what you just said is GOOD feedback :) i think sometimes we hear things we dont like and just react violently against it but well thought out and not positive is how people can learn from others take on a topic.

I think some of the doom and gloom is caught up in the same echo chamber that many probably feel in reverse to some of the answers or recent changes, so probably fair that the disconnect feels the way it does.

But hopefully more communication helps spell out what is being looked at or worked on and thoughtful responses like yours can serve as feedback cycles and thoughts to good/better/meh

Several here have the same good approach, but saw yours and thought was good example of negative but constructive.

Lets all have a better day today, always hope! (C) Leia
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Q: Don't you think that doing the CLS event with 1 day notice goes against some previous Q&As? Why waste the time in answering? I want the game to continue to grow because i have invested time and money in to it. Old Ben would say "truth is a point of view" but if your view is 1/1,000,000 then who's view should one choose?
  • Q: Don't you think that doing the CLS event with 1 day notice goes against some previous Q&As? Why waste the time in answering? I want the game to continue to grow because i have invested time and money in to it. Old Ben would say "truth is a point of view" but if your view is 1/1,000,000 then who's view should one choose?

I put this in the new Content Update Mega Thread, but it also applies here.

“I just want to point out that this date was almost certainly planned since the beginning of the month. (Eg. STHan)
    So, the argument on the Q&A doesn’t really apply, as this was set long before the Q&A.
    However, the poor notice argument still applies (Eg: monthly event schedule).”
  • Jed_Eye
    171 posts Member
    If they are to give an honest "state of the galaxy". It's on open rebellion.

communication and trust seem to be at an all time low
  • Lol kinda a waste of a Saturday night for these folks, seems like even they didn't know CLS was coming. All that for nothing :/
  • Well_I_Never
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    This Q&A seemed a bit of a farce. Just more lip service in an attempt to keep the masses quiet after the furore created by their staff member's poor responses in the Sith thread.
    Even then, they say they want to improve communication, yet conducted this, with one hour's notice, at a time when a large portion of their player base was asleep.

Better communication, planning and actually thinking things through would have said to post notice at that time that it was going to happen on x day at x time, a time when the majority of people would be online, not asleep.

Knee-**** reactions to criticism, instead of properly planned, completely skipping or side-stepping issues, providing ambiguous non-answers, serving nothing of note or worth, as per usual comms.

Yes, looks like they really took the criticism on board and acted to resolve it....

Nikoms565 is absolutely on the button in his post above:
    "t seems as though some of it either suggests that CG doesn't really understand (i.e. don't play their own game)"

Most of the decisions that leave the player base dumbfounded & incredulous share & add weight to this.
    There are a lot of them.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Left Hand: Hey, Right Hand, I'm doing a Q&A over here about improving communication and listening to the player base. What are you doing?

Right Hand: Ummmm....nothing. *releases CLS and R2 event with no notice.*

:D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • @CG_Carrie Please, stop trying to do damage control. You answered about two of our questions, and just when we started to think that the devs were starting to become decent people, they dropped the CLS event on us without any warning.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Left Hand: Hey, Right Hand, I'm doing a Q&A over here about improving communication and listening to the player base. What are you doing?

Right Hand: Ummmm....nothing. *releases CLS and R2 event with no notice.*

:D
    Oh, the irony! :wink:
  • Jed_Eye
    171 posts Member
    The just don't respect the player base.