GW improvement suggestion

Would anyone else find it useful to have character's cooldown timers displayed when selecting who to bring along, or is it just me? Because I'm terrible at remembering who has a heal or heavy hit ready.

Replies

• Would be nice but unnessary imo
    Only thing you need to remember most of the time is when your heal gets off cd ^^
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • CronozNL wrote: »
    Would be nice but unnessary imo
    Only thing you need to remember most of the time is when your heal gets off cd ^^

+1. GW is broken atm so if they do that, it would be pretty easy to finish GW's

• Why is it broken? You just need a deep bench which is kind of the point.

You can still beat teams 8-9 levels above you if you use retreat and sub in fresh troops then put your damaged guys back in for a heal when you've got the opponent down to their last toon and their turn meter is low.

It's more strategic than tactical.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • ^this, unless you consider that as broken.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    I think the swapping stuff is dumb, and probably not intended (at least combined with retreating).

I would like to see battles that are closer to your level... and then maybe the final battle being above your level. Retreating would lock out the characters that were used, but you could still bring in new ones. That way you could put a crap team at the beginning, and then replace it with your good team. But you couldn't replace your good team with a crap team once cool downs are up again.
  • No... I like the retreat aspect... It's why it's called Wars.. Don't attacking armies retreat and regroup at times? Then hit again. Same principle
  • I like the Retreating strategy but I kinda wish the game told you about it when they introduced you to the table. I thought Retreating would sacrifice whatever units I still had out there until I read about it on the forums and tried it out myself. It changed my life!
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Retreat is good. Retreat saves lives. Retreat gives you the opportunity to stand a chance against those monsters :wink:
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Retreat is good in it's current implementation. I wonder though if this is the intended use of it in GW.

I would not be surprised at all to see retreating removed in the future from GW. Or possibly that the opponents will refresh their cooldowns on a retreat.
  • GW is broken cuz you can quit the game and then it is like you have never fought the last GW battle. How is that not broken. Ok i got the retreat idea but that is too much ...
  • Could we please, please, PLEASE not try to convince them to nerf GW? It's my favorite part of the game.

Seriously. Stop calling it broken.

As for OPs suggestion, yeah that would be nice.
  • If its not broken, dont fix it!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I agree with the retreat feature and do think it should stay. That said there are some cheesy things you can do with it that I think should be removed. In particular the ability to retreat and then immediately reenter with the same team and all effects are removed basically means that enemy characters that can impose status effects become useless.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    I agree with the retreat feature and do think it should stay. That said there are some cheesy things you can do with it that I think should be removed. In particular the ability to retreat and then immediately reenter with the same team and all effects are removed basically means that enemy characters that can impose status effects become useless.

I don't mind this too much. In GW it's not like you are directly competing with other players for resources like in arena. Yeah it's a little gimmicky but you still have to make smart choices and one greedy or dumb move can end your GW run. I like it the way it is. (Especially because of how rewarding it is)

Once I learned how to navigate that table, it has easily become my favorite one. It's the thing I look forward to the most when midnight roles around.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    McShart wrote: »
    Would anyone else find it useful to have character's cooldown timers displayed when selecting who to bring along, or is it just me? Because I'm terrible at remembering who has a heal or heavy hit ready.
    It would also be nice to actually see what cooldowns are in ability descriptions of Heroes so when we are evaluating who we want to unlock, or what ability to upgrade with mats, we don't have to find out elsewhere.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot