Stormtrooper vs Snowtrooper

Which is better? I have vader, tarkin, RG, and TFP at 7*, and EP at 5* I plan on running EP lead until the 6 star, where I'd start running tarkin. I stormtrooper or snowtrooper better for a fifth? I like having another tank, but not a lot of people like stormtrooper that I've heard. Snowtrooper seems pretty cool with his turn meter gain, and constant AOE, but would take time away from farming OBK and FBL.

Which is better? If not stormtrooper I'll finish farming Boba and FOO in cantina shop.

Replies

• If you're talking about arena none of the above. But Snowtrooper is a BOSS with Troopers and Starck.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Well i mean, i did post it in R2 event, so that is where I am focusing lol. Also Ewoks. I heard he is good against the ewoks.
  • They have different roles, so tough to say. Storm is easily farmed with cantina currency, so it’s a big plus. For that event, Snow is probably more useful though.
    Also, it depends on whether the rest of your team is already strong enough to beat the event and you just need a 7* toon for the 5th slot or if you’ll be relying on the 5th to contribute to your victory.
  • In a perfect world, thrawn and palp event would come before R2/CLS, so I could just 7* palp and get a 7* thrawn, but I don't think of it as a perfect world.

My Vader and TFP are decently modded (I only have health mods on them instead of crit chance/damage because my scoundrels are crap and my jawas are worse) Gear wise, Tarkin, TFP, RG are all at gear 9, and vader is at 10. I don't think I should have a ton of trouble, but I'm preparing for it to be tough.
  • In a perfect world, thrawn and palp event would come before R2/CLS, so I could just 7* palp and get a 7* thrawn, but I don't think of it as a perfect world.

My Vader and TFP are decently modded (I only have health mods on them instead of crit chance/damage because my scoundrels are **** and my jawas are worse) Gear wise, Tarkin, TFP, RG are all at gear 9, and vader is at 10. I don't think I should have a ton of trouble, but I'm preparing for it to be tough.

That's what i'm hoping for, i don't have a good Empire, so sort of praying that Thrawn will come before R2, at least let me get 5*.
  • Bestusername
    94 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Stormtrooper being in cantina is huge, when I started palpatine came out so soon noone in my shard could get over 5*. I ended up going with veers/storm/tfp/tarkin/Vader, but hoping palpatine would come before CLS (very doubtful) and being 99% sure CLS would come before thrawn, who ended early February right before palpatine event

Also in my research I found with the bundles offered during event you could potentially get you 160 veers/ stormtrooper shards if so inclined. Luckily veers hard nodes have been nice to me, but at least knowing if it came down to the wire I could do a little p2w action and finish them eased some stress lol.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    doesn't matter, they're both good enough to unlock r2. Eventually you probably want to have both, they're very good in DS TB under a zVeers lead. For the time being just go with whatever is more suitable for you to farm if your only purpose is to unlock r2 with either one of them.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I'd say stormtrooper to clear it with less tries
  • DanteD
    15 posts Member
    Hey Silthrymlusyn, I happen to be running the same exact squad as you with the snowtrooper, as I also do not have an adequate EP. I think that snowtrooper's AOE is particularly good for the event once it is omega'd because if it crits it can be used over and over again and it has nearly as much damage as his basic, which is very helpful. Hopefully us non-EP squads can get R2:)
  • Yeah lets hope! What im really worried about is that they'll do the r2 event with cls like they did rey amd bb8 amd i wont be able to get my OG rebels and r2 up and geared in time.
  • ITS HERE, i am also not gonna get CLS but man am i excited for R2
  • Right? That came outta nowhere
  • DanteD
    15 posts Member
    Indeed it did. Regardless I am excited to finally have my favorite character
  • DanteD
    15 posts Member
    i unlocked him on my first try using our identical squad, good luck.
    http://swgoh.gg/u/danted/squads/42342/
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I like shore, but hard node is rough. but you get ship shards, which is great. gl op

ps who is FBL?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Snowtrooper is my boy, I recommend him over Stormtrooper.

I know this is just about the goal of getting R2 and all that, but for long-term I would recommend skipping Stormtrooper in favor of Shoretrooper, who does the same thing but better. Go back and get Stormtrooper once you've finished off more pressing parts of your collection.

Good luck!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I was orgininally leaning towards snowtrooper, however since they dropped the event on us so soon, I have to use Magmatrooper. It is a sad day for me, but I WILL GET THAT **** DROID