Question about level increase!

Prev1
If it were to happen what would it mean for character abilities? We have abilities that require a certain level to be unlocked like 82 or 84. If we got 5 more levels would they just be a "dead space" where there is nothing going on except making us spend tons of credits for minor stat boosts?

Would we get more tiers in abilities that would require level 86,86,87,88,89,90 to upgrade them? What would happen to abilities that require zetas? They can't really be further upgraded with omegas or normal mats, let alone zetas on top of zetas!.

My point is that a level increase would serve nothing but a credit disposal. Also when you think about it the credit cost initially will be smoother because none will jump immediately to level 90, you would need a few weeks to get to the next level so it wouldn't be all at once, however at some point you will get to 90 and you'll have over 100 characters that are 5 levels bellow maximum and they need to be leveled up...

Then you have new toons that are being released, it already takes like 6.5 million credits to get from 1 to 85, adding another couple million on top of that would really end up becoming a problem.

What are your thoughts on this?

Replies

• My thoughts are; keep it at level 85. There aren't enough credits in the game as it is.
  • Credit income can be easily balanced with additional credit heists or increased rewards. (Notice I said can be, not will be). So they can keep the credit crunch roughly equivalent to how it is now for players who are just now getting to max level. It's a different story for those of us who have been 85 for a while, though- we can't expect to suddenly have all our toons at 90+.

As far as new ability tiers, it all depends on if they have a new material separate from the old ones (like when omegas were introduced and you only needed omegas, which continues to this day) or if they do what they did with Zetas and require the previous types of material. A new tier with, say, "alpha" abilities that also requires zetas and omegas would be brutal without some kind of significantly increased zeta income.

Whether they should do any of this is a different discussion. I'm sure it's only a matter of time; this game is too big of a cash cow to let it dwindle before its time.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • My guess is they would unlock the rest of the g12 gear slots when they raise the level cap.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    I'd love to see a new ability tier that takes 50-75 of the tier 1 or 2 ability materials, to have some type of sink for them. You won't ever need more of them than you earn compared to tier 3, omega, or zeta mats.
  • Bauer
    54 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Jedi2407 wrote: »
    My guess is they would unlock the rest of the g12 gear slots when they raise the level cap.

That's it exactly
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    My thoughts are; keep it at level 85. There aren't enough credits in the game as it is.

Raise it to 90. Money talks. Whales and krakens and even dolphins start spending BIG on credit packs. 85-90 is probably going to be 30-40 in each stat, enough to push arena without new abilities. The best crunch for lack of credits is credit CARDS. Introduce new material for new levels of abilities that can be generic even. Money talks again. Increase zeta drops to silence the f2p outrage. Money. Talks.

I'm all for it tho. And I am not s big spender. Just that a lot of old f2p players are getting bored and this would be fresh.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    The ONE thing that concerns me about this whole thing is that they came out and said that they were considering the level and mod increase but decided not to go forward at this time. All in all that's good news but...and there is that BUT.. and I'm just wondering.. does ANYONE...anyone out there remember the G12 increase..

I'm pretty sure it was posted very shortly before the G12 increase was made that there was no intention of raising the Gear level past 11 at that time ???

At this point I guess they would not want to deal with people raging that they said "no increase" and BAM there is the increase after everyone spent their monies....so I feel kind of safe to start spending credits again... darn...why did they have to say not going to G12 then went to G12...

Now I'm frozen because I'm starting to think that they are going to whack us with it...
  • A lot of whales are asking for a greater divide between the whales and the f2p. If you increase the level and abilities that will help a bit. If you make zetas easier to get, that won't help.

I'm not a whale by the way, but I'm not f2p either, so I don't have a side in this fight.
    Hit the gym.
  • cw8
    98 posts Member
    No thanks to level cap increases. Credit heist frequency and income is too low to favour a level cap increase. You could add another tier to credit heist but the number of characters you have now to train to max is exponentially bigger.
  • Probably the same as last time but it will take longer to raise you account cap and you will raise each character as you need too. I imagine the rest of the g12 slots will be filled with new raid/guild gear.
  • My guess is that it's coming. Wouldn't surprise me if they made the change to the mod store (letting you buy good mods with ship currency and normal credits) partly to drain everyone's currency stores ahead of a level increase. Those are the resources you'd need to level characters and ships, after all... and I'm sure a ton of people had lots of reserves of ship currency. They probably don't want people to just get their entire ship inventory to 90 overnight.
  • A level increase would throw off all of their PvE difficulty balancing. They want Sith raid heroic and max stars TB to be VERY difficult. Bumping everyone up 5 more levels makes those much easier. And for people who claim it’s a way for the game to make money, that’s better done on new toons.
  • Witzkers wrote: »
    A level increase would throw off all of their PvE difficulty balancing. They want Sith raid heroic and max stars TB to be VERY difficult. Bumping everyone up 5 more levels makes those much easier. And for people who claim it’s a way for the game to make money, that’s better done on new toons.

Unfortunately if you count on that reasoning you will be disappointed. First of all there are a few things to take into account.

1. Level increase won't happen overnight. An update won't come and everyone will be level 90. They are gonna make sure it takes weeks if not months for each one of these levels. Of course you'll be able to speed it up by buying lots of refreshes but still it could take like 5-6 months to get to 90.

This is will give us plenty of time to level the important characters one level at a time.

2. The sith raid is far too difficult, even mega whale guilds struggle as it is, I think they will have to make it easier and eventually guilds that are now sitting in the 100 gp range will have their players want to quit or look for a new guild if they see others get Traya and they are being left behind. So if current 140+ million gp guilds can't do it, then current 100 million guilds will never catch up. They will have to boost everyone at some point.

3. We are over 6 months into TB and most guilds aren't passing 40 stars, I'm sure they will soon start complaining if they get stuck in the 40 range. Whales can't be the ones disproportionately rewarded all the time.
  • Yeah... to add to the above points.

2. The raid is really difficult. In my guild, it would probably take a year or two from now to beat heroic, given the rate of progression of fellow guildies (we're a mix of casual F2P, few dolphins, and a whale or two). It takes us several days, almost a week, to beat Tier 5 right now. I fully predict the dolphins and whales will start abandoning ship for more expensive guilds unless serious movement is made toward beating heroic in the next few months, at least.

3. I have this feeling TB will scale with level increase, so I don't think you can use them as a valid point. Notice how the platoon requirements keep changing to always keep the carrot out of reach for the guilds who don't go out and buy the new characters immediately. I think the carrot will remain slightly out of reach, regardless of level increase.

• Like increase the credit heist rng to hit 5 or 10 mil once in a while instead of 2.5×2 all the time.
  • John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Sith raid isn't too difficult. My guild is only 143M GP and we are clearing heroic in a day. Might even have to start with a 0 damage registration period. Top guilds have done 5 heroics so another 8-10 and we will see Traya leads in Arena.

Like with the aat raid, the lower tiers have far too much HP. Once you build your 3-5% teams for each phase you are fine for Heroic.

L90 will make things even easier.
  • Sith raid isn't too difficult. My guild is only 143M GP and we are clearing heroic in a day. Might even have to start with a 0 damage registration period. Top guilds have done 5 heroics so another 8-10 and we will see Traya leads in Arena.

Like with the aat raid, the lower tiers have far too much HP. Once you build your 3-5% teams for each phase you are fine for Heroic.

LMAO is this due troll? "My guild is only 143M GP". Like ONLY 143M!

Thanks for letting us know that your guild is in the top 0.1% of the guilds and heroic is not that hard for you guys
  • BazeMalbus wrote: »
    Sith raid isn't too difficult. My guild is only 143M GP and we are clearing heroic in a day. Might even have to start with a 0 damage registration period. Top guilds have done 5 heroics so another 8-10 and we will see Traya leads in Arena.

LMAO is this due troll? "My guild is only 143M GP". Like ONLY 143M!

Thanks for letting us know that your guild is in the top 0.1% of the guilds and heroic is not that hard for you guys

Team instinct are 186M GP so we are hardly in the top 0.1%.

It does take coordination to get through and sharing of those 3-5% teams per phase.

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Like increase the credit heist rng to hit 5 or 10 mil once in a while instead of 2.5×2 all the time.

Whatever brah... try 1.5x2

and what's a zeta drop

• Wrath
    16 posts Member
    Lvl cap is not what's going to make or break the game, what DOES have potential to break the game is mods. If they magically come out with new mod challenge tiers that give 6* or 7* mods imagine having 2.5 years of work building toons and modding completely invalidated by new “God” mods.

I have every toon with a full set of 5* mods, if they make me refarm every single mod for every single toon I’ll uninstall. I don’t know if the devs are 1. smart enough to see this potential problem, or 2. if they would even care... CG: “F U, and F your 2.5 years of work.... buy these 7* mod packs”. My suggestion to avoid this potential game changing/breaking hurdle is to implement some type of way to increase * lvls on our current mods. Make the mods upgradable like toons. Maybe make low * mods have higher chances to get good rolls. Gold 3* mods will be better overall if you upgrade them 3-7 as opposed to taking a 5-7. Will change the mod landscape in a good way. Because as is I sell everything that’s not 5* already. Food for thought
  • Camakin
    102 posts Member
    IIRC when level 85 came around so did level 9 LS/DS Nodes and Cantina added a level as well. Would a level 10 come around with the level cap increase? I wouldn’t mind it since it would give me something new to do. I’m one of the few that actually likes the Sith raid. Figuring out different team comps and helping guildies out has made the game fresh again. hAAT was becoming a drag lately and pit is like a 10 minute SIM. Maybe the new level would give us ship omegas and hardware that has been “coming soon” since release. Once everyone maxed ships and pilots out it’ll be nothing but RNG based since there’s no customizing ships
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows them?"--Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Graives wrote: »
    Wouldn't surprise me if they made the change to the mod store (letting you buy good mods with ship currency and normal credits) partly to drain everyone's currency stores ahead of a level increase. Those are the resources you'd need to level characters and ships, after all... and I'm sure a ton of people had lots of reserves of ship currency..

I totally agree with this. There are lots of signs out there that a level increase is coming (reasonably soon I think) from the new Credit Pack to this Mod Store change. I had 70m Credits in the bank- now I'm down to 20m with the changes to the Mod store.

BTW I've NEVER spent real money on Credits. I think the balance is about right on that score now. In general I am in favour of a Lvl increase.

Start Saving folks is my advice. You're not going to stop the tide but you can, at least, be ready for it!

• I think level cap increase is right behind the corner.
    If you remeber CG’s answer about difficulty of sith raid and that none of the in game mechanics is working, they said: raid is not for the current level cap, rooster and abilities (close to quote). So:
    a) there will be level cap soon;
    b) there will be new characters with new game mechanics special (or very useful) for sith raid
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    I think level cap increase is right behind the corner.
    If you remeber CG’s answer about difficulty of sith raid and that none of the in game mechanics is working, they said: raid is not for the current level cap, rooster and abilities (close to quote). So:
    b) there will be new characters with new game mechanics special (or very useful) for sith raid

I always wondered what this "rooster" talk was about...but I finally figured it out:

stormtrooper-graffiti-17-468x770.jpg

BTW, I agree with both a) and b) and would add that the new characters who will be helpful to the raid will cost money...and be released with little communication. In other words, business as usual. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    I think level cap increase is right behind the corner.

I always wondered what this "rooster" talk was about...but I finally figured it out:

stormtrooper-graffiti-17-468x770.jpg

BTW, I agree with both a) and b) and would add that the new characters who will be helpful to the raid will cost money...and be released with little communication. In other words, business as usual. ;)

Lol! Sorry, my bad! Misspelled! :/
    But yeah, why would they add the most boring raid if they didn’t want to get money from it?
    BTW, as it was said in this thread, the changed modules shop for the same reason: soon you wouldn’t need 5* modules. Another sign of level increase
  • Yeah it’s gonna happen. I bet by August
  • Wrath wrote: »
    Lvl cap is not what's going to make or break the game, what DOES have potential to break the game is mods. If they magically come out with new mod challenge tiers that give 6* or 7* mods imagine having 2.5 years of work building toons and modding completely invalidated by new “God” mods.

I have every toon with a full set of 5* mods, if they make me refarm every single mod for every single toon I’ll uninstall. I don’t know if the devs are 1. smart enough to see this potential problem, or 2. if they would even care... CG: “F U, and F your 2.5 years of work.... buy these 7* mod packs”. My suggestion to avoid this potential game changing/breaking hurdle is to implement some type of way to increase * lvls on our current mods. Make the mods upgradable like toons. Maybe make low * mods have higher chances to get good rolls. Gold 3* mods will be better overall if you upgrade them 3-7 as opposed to taking a 5-7. Will change the mod landscape in a good way. Because as is I sell everything that’s not 5* already. Food for thought

After reading what you've posted I have to agree. I have spent an uncountable amount of crystals farming mods, mainly focusing on speed secondaries and I have some fantastic speed on many toons. To see this work go to waste would bust my balls. A way of upgrading to 7dot mods would be a much better approach in my opinion.

Well said mate.
  • Wrath wrote: »

Additional food for thought, combine 2 mods into 1, rerol secondary- primary stats
  • Check out the AhnaldT's last video your answer is there.