Any Way to Get 7*?

Hi all! Is there any way this squad could unlock 7* R2 by the end of the event, or am I too far off even with swapping around mods and RNG?

http://swgoh.gg/u/tommyboy85/squads/53758/

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    tommyboy85 wrote: »
    Hi all! Is there any way this squad could unlock 7* R2 by the end of the event, or am I too far off even with swapping around mods and RNG?

http://swgoh.gg/u/tommyboy85/squads/53758/

Use Tarkin as a leader. Storm trooper and Royal guard are 4/6 and 5/6 to gear 8.

Spend the week upgrading that and move your best mods over. All use purple ability mats on all abilities.
  • I did 7* R2 with about same gear/lvl as you an hour ago. It was easy. I didnt use royal guard, i had Palpatine insteed. ( started with phoenix squad) I also had tarkin at G10. Made it in first try.
  • jursllla wrote: »
    I did 7* R2 with about same gear/lvl as you an hour ago. It was easy. I didnt use royal guard, i had Palpatine insteed. ( started with phoenix squad) I also had tarkin at G10. Made it in first try.

I just barely missed the boat on 7* palpatine, and I think that would make all the difference. As of right now, I can barely survive to kill one character. Without being able to AOE stun everyone, it's making it super difficult.
  • I think u a bit low power total to get the last stars :(
  • mortuus wrote: »
    I think u a bit low power total to get the last stars :(

Yeah, I think so too :'( I was more or less wondering if it's worth investing hardcore farming gear for this team to clear by the end of the event, but I don't think I'll be able to do it. My abilities need to be higher too I think and I won't be able to get enough mats in time. My hope was Vader would be able to carry the team, but sadly, even he can't.

Oh well. By the time the next event hits, I should be able to clear no problem.
  • It would be worthwhile to take a good look at your mods, yours are pretty low. They can make or break most of these events. Speed +30 primary (arrows) on all, and high health for my tank, allowed me to 7* finish, with 3 gear 8 characters pretty easily on this time.

Either way, unlock at 5* this time as a minimum, then you can gear/level him for the next time CLS comes. I unlocked him last go around, and he was level 85, Gear tier 10 with most Omegas, which made CLS easy.

Good luck
  • I did it!!! Managed to get it done with this squad:

Tarkin (L): Lv. 81, G10, abilities 8/8/7/7/7
    Vader: Lv. 81, G10, abilities 8/8/8/7/7
    TIE Pilot: Lv. 81, G8, abilities 7/7/7, speed at 202
    Stormtrooper: Lv. 81, G9, abilities 7/6/7
    Royal Guard: Lv. 81, G8, abilities 6/7/7

I moved some of my best mods around and had some good RNG, but I had to play it a bunch of times. Thanks for all the input! I'm on the last tier of Commander Luke now!