R2 7* Readiness check

Landale3
87 posts Member
edited March 2018
Hey everyone. You've all been really helpful for other people that have come to get advice. I'd appreciate a little direction here as well.

http://swgoh.gg/u/landale3/squads/52650/

I have Stormtrooper in there because at the time I thought the R2 event was in March, and he was something of a panic farm. However, I may have a little time to make a switch if necessary.

I have a couple speed mods I can move around, as well, and I'm continuing to farm for them.

And obviously I can level the toons up a bit more before the event as well, I'm just reserving some credits now to make sure I'm spending them wisely.

Thanks!

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    You will definitely get him. The only question is whether you will get him with what you have or if you will have to move good mods over.

At any rate most of those guys are your arena team so you will probably increase mods as well.
  • Sounds good =). I'll definitely try to move some mods around, and level up that speed mod on Vader to 15. I just wasn't sure if I needed to go higher gear level on EP or the ST. At this point in gear level it really eats up the resources, so I'm trying to play it smart. Plus, I can't neglect my pilots (currently maintaining t5 in my fleet arena) or my CLS team, so I've been working on them on the side as well.
  • Landale3
    87 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Just thought I'd give an update:

Got him to 7*, first try. Was easier than I thought it would be.

EP lead g9, Vader g9, Tarkin g9, TFP g9, Stormtrooper g8 - all in the mid 70s for level. Abilities were almost all at 7 (omega on EP and Vader basics), except ST with abilities at 5-6.

Took out Han, then Leia, then Luke, then R2, then tanks (kept tanks shocked when I could, to prevent taunt).

Lost TFP right away, Stormtrooper later when he taunted, and that was it.

Didn't even have to move my mods around.

Best of luck to everyone else =)
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    It's difficult to remember but this is the first time r2 has come since the rework of Vader and palpatine. Vader now has about 104 extra speed. That's a massive difference.
  • Landale3
    87 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Oh for sure that helped =). Vader was definitely mvp. His constant DoTs alone did much of the damage.
  • When it went live I was like not sure what gear and mats to apply but said try it first as I only had R2 at 5 star. My team was EP gear 10 Vader gear 9, both with omegas and 85, then TFP, GMT, and RG gear 7 level 80. Blew right through 6 and 7 star. EP & Vader were beasts in there.

Now trying to figure how to deal with tier 3 on CLS as my Han and Farmboy can not make it.
  • Landale3
    87 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Nice!

Unfortunately for me, no amount of panic farming or purchasing could get me the required number of stars, let alone gear level, on STHan or FBLuke to get CLS. So, I'm skipping CLS this time around.

Best of luck in your attempts!!