Should I try for 7* R2?

zhpkiller
21 posts Member
edited March 2018
Right now I have Vader 6* (50/100 toward 7*), EP 6*, Thrawn 5*, TFP 7*, Tarkin 7*. That's not enough 7*s to get R2....

I could potentially panic farm Snowtrooper (153 shards from 7*) and Stormtrooper (174 shards from 7*) and try everything I can to get Vader 7*... Do you guys think I'll make it in 8 days or is it even worth while? I should be able to get 6* R2, but it may screw me if CLS comes around next time before another R2.

Replies

• you CAN get R2 now, just not R2 at 7 star. Absolutely push yourself to get R2, and start gearing him now. He's an extremely useful character, even at 5 or 6 star.

Try to unlock him now, and start gearing him now, so you'll be in a good position the next time CLS and R2 come around.
  • how you plan to get 50 vader shards?
  • Don't think you would make it
  • If you buy Vader’s bundle you might, but I think it’s risky with everything else you need.
  • I would focus on getting R2 unlocked at 5* so that you can at least gear him up and not have to panick farm gear next time CLS and R2 come around. You will be able to just finish the r2 event to get him 7* and immediately be ready for CLS. Make sense?
  • I unlocked last time, to 5* only. Used the last few months to level to 85, and gear tier 10.
    Also finished my empire and rebels squad to 7* and geared/modded them appropriately.
    This morning it was an easy 7* R2-D2 match, and went to CLS and unlocked him after a few tries.

If you can't this time, be ready for next time.
  • With enough money everything is possible, but you won't do it for free
  • Ryche
    151 posts Member
    I would focus on getting R2 unlocked at 5* so that you can at least gear him up and not have to panick farm gear next time CLS and R2 come around. You will be able to just finish the r2 event to get him 7* and immediately be ready for CLS. Make sense?

This. Otherwise, everything is possible if you spend enough $$$$.

You'll still need to gear the fresh 7* Empire toons too. Tier 7 would be very difficult at GL 7.
  • Javik
    246 posts Member
    Considered this is the 3rd time CLS event has happened I feel they will start occurring more frequently. I would hold off on the panic farm. Focus on just the normal 5* unlock. This way you can gear them and level them up so you are ready from the start the next time the event happens. This will also allow those resources you would have used in a panic to be used on other characters as well.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to R2 sub