Ewoks

Prev1
So, I know they're not meta and man, I've been avoiding them lol. But now it seems I have every one of them unlocked.

Seems they might be fun to use.

So, any fans of them out there? Who's in and who's out? Where are they workable?

Looking forward to reading the responses.

Cheers all...

Replies

• Who are the best 5 ewoks for this event? And best leader? Thanks
  • Do you mind posting your swgoh.gg? Would help with theorycrafting :smile:
  • https://swgoh.gg/u/lowkey/collection/

Sure. That's my account, although I'm asking so I can decide who to focus on starring and gearing up. Not a huge ewok fan personally so I'd rather just work on whichever 5 seem best and forget the rest:)
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Well here is what I would assume is the best team - I don't have the zeta's or stars to prove it out

Chirps lead for TM boost as well as his assist, speedup, heal, retribution (once they fix it) - EE for tm boost, heal and revive - Logray tm removal, offense up, tm boost, foresight and his zeta heals - Teebo for tm removal and tm boost - Wicket for tm boost, damage, extra attack and if you zeta him protection and health gain

Ewok Scout - second fastest (to Wicket) and best ewok DPS who can also remove turn meter. Could be subbed in for Logray or Wicket if you don't have them high enough */gear/level
    Paploo - good toon with decent synergies and some bonuses but don't see him being super useful for this event and most of us don't have him at high */gear/level yet.

Edit: Logray can also Daze

I honestly think that any 5 of the ewoks with Chirps lead and EE can finish it if you have them high enough. Problem right now is you have to have at least one that is 4* unless you bought packs. That toon has way less health and does way less damage. Pick the ones you like for other areas the best and go with them.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Awesome, thanks
  • I am using them for GW and raids.

My squad atm: Chirpa (zeta)G11, Wicket G12, Ewok Scout G11, Ewok Elder G10 and Teebo G10

Pretty fun squad
  • Stun from Han Solo to Teebo, fracture on Logray and hit auto, they won't do anything.
  • JoryG87 wrote: »
    I am using them for GW and raids.

My squad atm: Chirpa (zeta)G11, Wicket G12, Ewok Scout G11, Ewok Elder G10 and Teebo G10

Pretty fun squad

Thanks! Interesting.
    Stun from Han Solo to Teebo, fracture on Logray and hit auto, they won't do anything.

I'm more than aware that they're beatable- thanks.
  • Stokat
    823 posts Member
    I think it’s awesome to see ppl farming teams off the beaten path so to speak. Ewoks almost have to be underestimated, I mean because they are furry teddybears, but from my limited experience They are are fun team to use. I think they have very nice synergies between them and relative to their gp they tend to do well in TWs (for as low as I have geared them). If I would set up an Ewok team I would go for Chirpa (L), wicket, paploo, Logray and either elder or Teebo. Could probably be useful in raids too.
  • ^ Good stuff @Stokat, thanks.

• Unless you want to pay for 7* wicket don't bother beyond g10. Not very useful without him which is a shame cause ewoks are the team I want most but not a millionaire so blah.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    warmonkey wrote: »
    Unless you want to pay for 7* wicket don't bother beyond g10. Not very useful without him which is a shame cause ewoks are the team I want most but not a millionaire so blah.

Ah right, thank you.I'm f2p and never considered that. Definitely worth knowing.
    Post edited by CoastalJames on
  • Supposedly wicket will be farmable soon. If you started gearing now you'd be ready when he is farmable.
  • Great in area for OFFENSE, be sure to switch them out on defense

Great in GW and Raids

Great for TB and TW (“trap” squad)

In fact, the only place they underperform is arena on defense.

As stated, the bonus is that they’re FUN to use while playing this GAME.
  • Dwinkelm wrote: »
    GAME.

That's the key word isn't it.

Thanks, great advice mate.

• bitmoji
    143 posts Member
    They are a great team for p2 sith raid heroic, and tw offense
  • Stun from Han Solo to Teebo, fracture on Logray and hit auto, they won't do anything.

Lol aww don't spoil our ewok fun :s
    Hit the gym.
  • Any advice on suggested gear/star requirements? I’d assign ok mods to them, but wouldn’t wanna move arena mods or anything crazy like that :expressionless:
  • Hope you don't mind @Lowkey - I merged your Ewok thread with another recent one. There's some great answers on both and I wouldn't want anyone interested to miss them all.

Cheers.
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    Been using Ewoks a long time but refuse to pay for Wicket. I run Chirpa, EE, Scout, Logray, Teebo. They are super fun in GW. They punch above their weight in Arena but are attacked a lot since they are different and beatable. Once Wicket becomes farmable I will go after him and finish gearing the whole squad. They're all G10/11 right now.
  • Fedrickironfist
    8 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    So I have been running a full ewok team for quite a while in arena. currently using

G12 zChirpa lead
    G12 zwicket
    G12 Zpablo
    G12 ZLogray
    G12 Ewok Elder

Normally I hover around 50-80 rank in arena. Ewoks are pretty good imo even though they are not meta. Ewoks can beat Any team, except for Zbarris teams.

Ewoks play the game of Death by 1000 cuts. That's why you cant beat Zbarris. The team gives so much TM that I can normally go 1-3 turns before the enemy gets 1, minus raid han of course. I just did a arena against a 101k power jtr team and beat it in 1 min and 26 seconds.

Key is to put your max speed on Pablo, with his kit he gets bonus speed when not taunting, get it high enough and you are guaranteed to go first, he uses his ability to call Logray, who then gives TM to entire team then wicket gets Pablo to taunt and it just Rolls from there.

Mind you, I have this success in a fairly older shard, I started playing like October of 2016

Murderbears for Life
  • @Fedrickironfist -that's a great post and you truly sound the Murderbear Supremo!

Thank you for the great info.
  • Formerly_Randy
    333 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    So I have been running a full ewok team for quite a while in arena. currently using

G12 zChirpa lead
    G12 zwicket
    G12 ZPaploo
    G12 ZLogray
    G12 Ewok Elder

Normally I hover around 50-80 rank in arena. Ewoks are pretty good imo even though they are not meta. Ewoks can beat Any team, except for Zbarris teams.

Ewoks play the game of Death by 1000 cuts. That's why you cant beat Zbarris. The team gives so much TM that I can normally go 1-3 turns before the enemy gets 1, minus raid han of course. I just did a arena against a 101k power jtr team and beat it in 1 min and 26 seconds.

Key is to put your max speed on Paploo, with his kit he gets bonus speed when not taunting, get it high enough and you are guaranteed to go first, he uses his ability to call Logray, who then gives TM to entire team then wicket gets Paploo to taunt and it just Rolls from there.

Mind you, I have this success in a fairly older shard, I started playing like October of 2016

Murderbears for Life

His name's not "Pablo". ;)

SkeletalVigilantAmericancrayfish-size_restricted.gif
  • You can check out my team here https://swgoh.gg/u/fedrickironfist/
    I do have a g12 scout too but he didn't make the cut lol
  • Solid mate. Just solid.
  • How does Logray give TM to entire team? Isn't it Elder that does that?
  • ... my favorite part is how they chatter & scream when they do their specials...
  • Lograys second special gives Tm, ee basic gives tm
  • I've maxed my ewoks as well.

G12 all 3 pieces, full ZETAs, wicket 7*. The works.

(Chirpa/logray/paploo/wicket/elder)

Smashes through all arena squads except

: Zarriss (although doable if you're careful to dispell GK and hold off on wickets aoe)

: Empire rework is making life a chore.

I have good to great mods, but pressing battle and sitting back while Vader crushes, culling blades into palps AOE stun and (if RNG rolls against you) not even getting a turn. Not often, but it happens.

One other thing I should mention which I've found interesting. If ELDER gets taken out or fractured turn one before doing anything and ends up dying, I more often than not can still win convincingly.

Makes me wonder if switching elder out is something that can work for Teebo or scout.... Despite the mega tm-gain he provides, or the obvious dispell/heal/revive.
  • Shaunyvee wrote: »
    I've maxed my ewoks as well.

G12 all 3 pieces, full ZETAs, wicket 7*. The works.

Serious business.

Thanks for your great post!