Annihilate vs. Endless Horde

DarthSmurfX
81 posts Member
edited March 2018
First off... let me say, I'm loving the new Sith and Sith updates. I'm actually enjoying Arena again for the first time in a long time. Teams I once found impossible, I'm actually able to defeat with surprising regularity: CLS, GK, JTR, even Nightsisters. But, one thing about that last encounter bothers me. It's Nihilus' Annihilate vs. Nightsister Zombie's Endless Horde.

Let me bore you with clearly biased logic—
Annihilate: The defeated target cannot be Revived. This ability can't be Evaded and starts on cooldown.

Endless Horde: When Nighsister Zombie is defeated while any other Nightsister allies are active, she is Revived with 100% Health and 25% Turn Meter. This Revive can't be prevented.

To me, I think Nihilus' Annihilate—being a ZETAFancy Omega—should override Endless Horde's "can't be prevented." Using Annihilate only to see Captain Revive instantly reappear was like a punch to the Midi-chlorians. I understand something like Boba Fett's Execute not cancelling revive, since it doesn't have a Zeta and has such a short cooldown, but Annihilate takes forever to use and the sweet animation alone should prevent the Zombie from even thinking she should show her face on the battlefield ever again.

I know that Endless Horde is supposed to make that character feel like many, many, MANY zombies, but when the only two enemies left to defeat are NS Zombie and NS Acolyte who has perma-stealth... I just want to win. Is that so wrong?

I rest my case and may the devs have mercy on poor lil' Nihilus. He just wants to Annihilate. Just let him Annihilate.

Replies

• JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    I know that Endless Horde is supposed to make that character feel like many, many, MANY zombies, but when the only two enemies left to defeat are NS Zombie and NS Acolyte who has perma-stealth... I just want to win. Is that so wrong?

Have you tried AoE attacks? Also there are 5 toons at least (I might be missing some) with AoE dispels. Easy win.
  • Options
    So endless horde is just that. It’s a new zombie not a revive. The wording is really bad on zombie’s kit. It is a totally new zombie replacing the defeated zombie.
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    Options
    It's not a zeta though, it's just an omega.

But yea, it was addressed when Zombie was first released, so it's what the developers are intending.
  • Options
    TyloRen wrote: »
    It's not a zeta though, it's just an omega.

Grrr... Fine. I see you fact-checked my work. Well played, sir.
  • Chequerdz
    20 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Let me try to explain how I see this:

Nihilus: I will kill this freaking Zombie. I will use my Annihilate Technique on him. He will not stand a chance (Evil Laugh)

> Annihilate goes to the top of the stack

Zombie: Holy Crap! he is using his best technique, but I have something up my sleeve :wink: he will be surprise.
    Endless Horde Activate.

> Endless Horde goes to the top of the stack
    > Annihilate goes to the bottom of the stack.

So, if we follow the resolving of each ability and the prioritization of the stack. Endless Horde should resolve first by the time Nihilus uses Annihilate therefore the Zombie had his ability active and he is back on action.

Note: I used the same reasoning from a popular card game. not my credits.

:D:D
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    DN prevents the Old Daka/Ewok Elder style revives (Boba's execute is also an omega and also prevents revives)

Zombie can't not be revived, which trumps revive denial
  • Wassup
    128 posts Member
    Options
    First off... let me say, I'm loving the new Sith and Sith updates. I'm actually enjoying Arena again for the first time in a long time. Teams I once found impossible, I'm actually able to defeat with surprising regularity: CLS, GK, JTR, even Nightsisters. But, one thing about that last encounter bothers me. It's Nihilus' Annihilate vs. Nightsister Zombie's Endless Horde.

Let me bore you with clearly biased logic—
    Annihilate: The defeated target cannot be Revived. This ability can't be Evaded and starts on cooldown.

Endless Horde: When Nighsister Zombie is defeated while any other Nightsister allies are active, she is Revived with 100% Health and 25% Turn Meter. This Revive can't be prevented.

To me, I think Nihilus' Annihilate—being a ZETAFancy Omega—should override Endless Horde's "can't be prevented." Using Annihilate only to see Captain Revive instantly reappear was like a punch to the Midi-chlorians. I understand something like Boba Fett's Execute not cancelling revive, since it doesn't have a Zeta and has such a short cooldown, but Annihilate takes forever to use and the sweet animation alone should prevent the Zombie from even thinking she should show her face on the battlefield ever again.

I rest my case and may the devs have mercy on poor lil' Nihilus. He just wants to Annihilate. Just let him Annihilate.

Canon-wise, this whole thing works in a f*cked up way. You’re killing one Zombie permanently. But there’s another to replace it. It’s... weirdly correct.
  • Options
    Aoe dispells?
  • SamuraiUX
    265 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    "Canon-wise, this whole thing works in a f*cked up way. You’re killing one Zombie permanently. But there’s another to replace it. It’s... weirdly correct."

This is right. Thematically, when anyone kills that zombie, it's replaced with an entirely different one. If it makes you feel better, you can imagine that Nihilus completely annihilates that zombie - completely, totally, irrevocably. We're talking DUST, MAN.

...it's just that then another one shows up. Oh, well.

• Options
    The WAI by the Devs is that if two abilities contradict each other it's the beneficial one that wins
  • Wassup
    128 posts Member
    Options
    The WAI by the Devs is that if two abilities contradict each other it's the beneficial one that wins

I don’t think that’s true. I’ve had offense up and offense down and the down seems to dictate.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    "anihillate" prevents revives the same way that "endless horde" prevents anihilate preventing the revive.
    • Boba with BHR will always revive, unless it's prevented by anihilate (or execute/terminate).
    • Anihilate/execute/terminate will always prevent revives, unless the revive can't be prevented.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    How about using annihilate on the captain of the team. I bet the captain isn't zombie...
  • Options
    Wassup wrote: »

I don’t think that’s true. I’ve had offense up and offense down and the down seems to dictate.

In that case you are being applied with both status effects abilities. I don't know the exact numbers but up gives about 25-30% while down gives 50% (I think I'm being extreme here) so you end up with a down of only 20-25% offence.
  • Options
    Don't target Zombie with it. Its a waste of a cooldown cycle. That is with Sion and DN make a great duo.
  • Options
    Sion can dispel Stealth and then use DN special.

Also EP for mass Stun wrecks NS teams
  • Options
    The one you killed is not reviving, it's a different zombie from the "horde"
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    It has been questioned and posted about for 1,368,779 times now but I guess that's the way it is and won't change
  • Options
    Hm, you're right, this should be changed to better reflect a new zombie taking the place of the old one. To show your feedback is appreciated, the zombie will now revive with full protection instead of without protection. See ya on the holotables.
  • DLT19
    12 posts Member
    Options
    Interesting is the zombie can revive endlessly even when the last person is inside stealth (70% becomes in defensive 100% chance to get stealth). If your aoe attacker died during the blatantly huge rng bingo of daka double stuns every time its surely "fun".
    But the defensive system inside this game is just bad. The KI has absolutely no master plan and basically just attacks randomly. Its just all about low % chance to 100% chance and simply smash all by rng...but against many teams with 2 tanks this defensive tactic simply doesnt work well.