Option to reset accounts.

There needs to be an option to restart an account and start fresh on a new shard and everything without having to make another Apple or Android account. I played this game since release for about a few weeks, then stopped playing due to friends not playing and now that they have and are playing, I am so far behind that I can’t catch up and would like to wipe my account and start fresh on a new shard and everything now that I’m playing frequently. CG, please add this feature.

Replies

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    You can already do that. Create a new account. Use Link a Device feature and overwrite your original account. You're welcome.
  • Create a new account? Like create a new apple account? That’s what I am trying to avoid.
  • Do I play offline, start fresh and then limk that account?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Just create a Guest Account. No email needed.
  • And use the guest account to overrite my Account under my apple ID correct?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Exactly.
  • Okay. Just one question. Doing this, will I still be able to use my current Email address correct?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    I have only done this on Android. I overwrote an existing account with a new Guest Account and now when I log in via my original email account, I gain access to the new Guest Account. It SHOULD work the same for Apple.
  • Now they give me two options. “This old Device” and “this is the new device” which do I do to override account?
  • If you wouldn’t mind, could you give me a step by step to follow on how to do this? I can’t find a youtube video showing me how. It’s all videos on linking an account to SWGOH.GG. and that isn’t helpful at all.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    I have only done this on Android. I overwrote an existing account with a new Guest Account and now when I log in via my original email account, I gain access to the new Guest Account. It SHOULD work the same for Apple.
    Huatimus wrote: »

You still with me dude? Help would be awesome.
  • Do I have to get the code from the guest account, then log into my. Existing account and imput the code on that existing account or is log in not required at all?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Was sleeping.
    The new Guest Account is your “new device” so you get the code from there first. The old Account is the “old device”. Log into Game Center/old Account, then input the code you received from the Guest Account earlier, type in “DELETE” then your old account will get overwritten.
  • Thanks dude, Much abliged.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    @ResidentRecon89 eh wait sorry you want to overwrite the old account right? Then you need to do it the other way around. Your old Game Center is the “new device” and your new Guest Account is the “old device”
    So sorry for the mix up, that’s what you get for replying at 5am :(
  • @Huatimus. Much appreciated.
  • Thanks mate... You help me too :)
  • Any idea on how to disconnect the Game Center account without deleting? My bf and I have been playing Star Wars but his android device got broken. While he was waiting for replacement he signed in on my old iPhone. His account got connected to my Apple ID. I haven't gotten to play or log in since. He's back on new android phone. Seems to be connected to his Facebook account. I can create a new guest account and they said they could transfer my old back to me as long as I can get all the way signed in. I don't want to mess up his account but I wanna play!
  • You can also go into the google play app and delete your game data from there. Delete it from there and clear the data from the app and you restart. Then you can choose to link it or not to the same google account.
  • You can also go into the google play app and delete your game data from there. Delete it from there and clear the data from the app and you restart. Then you can choose to link it or not to the same google account.

Nope, it doesn’t work that way.
  • Any idea on how to disconnect the Game Center account without deleting? My bf and I have been playing Star Wars but his android device got broken. While he was waiting for replacement he signed in on my old iPhone. His account got connected to my Apple ID. I haven't gotten to play or log in since. He's back on new android phone. Seems to be connected to his Facebook account. I can create a new guest account and they said they could transfer my old back to me as long as I can get all the way signed in. I don't want to mess up his account but I wanna play!

From what you’ve written, I assume the bf Account is now linked to his Google Play on his new Android phone? And assuming that you no longer wish to access his Account via your Game Center? You can just follow their instructions to get your old Account back. It will not affect your bf Account which should be safely linked to his Google Play.
  • Hi I have played this game over 2 years now.
    Iam running an IOS account and want to restart. but i can't. The old acount is cornected to gamcenter. I tryed to start over by disconect from gamecenter. When i tryed to cornect again to gamecenter its donst ask me to owerwite the new game, it just when back to the old account.
    One of the problem here mide by that the old account is by mistake made as a child account.
This discussion has been closed.