First zeta: EP or CLS?

db77
25 posts Member
I am currently sitting on two zetas, which also happen to be my first and second. I wanted to wait for R2 to come around to give him one and then give the other to CLS, but as we all know EP and Vader got reworked and got really good, so I'd like to know what is the better team between these two, based on my current toons ( https://swgoh.gg/u/darthbrozo/collection/ ):

CLS, R2D2, Wedge, Biggs, Old Ben (I should unlock GK next week)
EP, Vader, TFP, Tarkin, Shoretrooper / RG / somebody else

Thanks for any advice.

Replies

• Not sure how old your shard is, but in mine (Jan 2017), I don't see any in the top 50 with the EP, Vader, TFP, Tarkin line-up (not to say it wouldn't be effective). Normally what I see with EP is Vader, Nihilus, Thrawn, and a tank (GK, SiT, ShT, Sion). I run zzEP, Vader, zThrawn, zNihilus, and zSion and normally place around 30, occasionally in the top 20. But working with who you have, I DO see a few CLS, Biggs, Wedge, R2, and (raid han or Old Ben/GK in your case) teams in the top 50. With high crit damage and offense mods, a good CLS team can still beat the EP meta. I know I have sure struggled with many CLS teams that fit that description.

Anyway, my vote would be give one zeta to R2's "number crunch", and the other to Luke's "It Binds All Things."
    I believe those are the two most common/useful zetas for the CLS meta team; followed by Han Solo's "Shoot's first," R2's "Combat Analysis," and then CLS's "Learn Control," and "Rebel Maneuvers." I actually plan to follow that line-up with my next few zetas.

Congrats on almost having GK! My current guild is almost to the HAAT level, but we have been doing the Hpit for a while.

( https://swgoh.gg/u/springfield/collection/ )
  • db77
    25 posts Member
    I know Tarkin doesn't really fit in the line up, I was farming him as a fleet commander. I think you're right, he wouldn't be as effective as Thrawn or Nihilus, but I have a few crit damage mods, so I may be following your advice and zeta CLS's IBAT and R2's number crunch. I started playing around July 2017 anyway.
    Thanks about GK! Actually my guild has done all the work, I jumped on when they had just done HAAT a few times. I've still a long way to go before I unlock Han.
    That's a pretty good team you have there! Grats!
  • EP for sure.
  • IBAT is a Zeta that works just about every mode on this game. NC for R2 is another major one. Those should be the top 2 for you. I would say where you are ranking Rebels would be who I would keep going with. Gear up your CLS. And it will help you in the Pit big tme.
  • Ep all the way
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    EP
    Because your username starts with Darth.