Lowest level CLS unlock team

Hey I just unlocked CLS and thought people might want to know what it can be achieved with.

Princess Leia G8 220 speed
St Han G8 165 speed
Old Ben G8 speed doesn't really matter just high protection
R2D2 G7 190 speed
Farmboy Luke G7 170 speed

All level 80 and with omegas only on leia basic and special.

It wasn't easy but definitely doable. Took me 4 tries

Good luck everyone

Replies

• The wave with just Luke and Han was the worst. I had to get my han up to g10 and about 200 speed. And everyone needs their skills up near 7s.
  • Money
    11 posts Member
    The wave with just Luke and Han was the worst. I had to get my han up to g10 and about 200 speed. And everyone needs their skills up near 7s.
    The wave with just Luke and Han was the worst. I had to get my han up to g10 and about 200 speed. And everyone needs their skills up near 7s.

I did it with G7 Luke and G8 Han with absolute garbage mods.

Only challenging one for me was the last tier. I used Gear 9 R2D2, Gear 10 Han (geared him up to beat last stage), Gear 8 Farmboy (also geared him up for that wave) and Gear 7 Leia. Total power was 49k and probably took around 50 tries to complete it. I did not have purple ability mats and thats why it was so hard for me probably, Leia had level 6 abilities and R2D2 level 5 (unlocked him yesturday)

Old Ben is fine at Gear 7, can easily survive Vader wave without putting on any additional pieces of gear.No need to get him up to Gear 8.
  • I'm still working on the last tier, but I'm not going to try it again until I get R2-D2 to G7 (I need three pieces) and finish the team's ability levels--they're all somewhere between 3 and 7 at the moment; trying to get them all to 7--then I'll put my good mods on them again. I'll get R2 and Leia as fast as possible, Luke in the middle, and as much protection on Han as I can (I can get about +20k from mods at the moment) and should be good. If I have to drop Omegas I'll probably put them on Leia, and maybe Han so I can use them as part of a Wiggs TW team.

I'll report back when/if I get it.
  • jursllla
    48 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Money?
    "Old Ben is fine at Gear 7, can easily survive Vader wave without putting on any additional pieces of gear.No need to get him up to Gear 8."

Whut skills did you level up for obi wan?

• catharsis478
    676 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    jursllla wrote: »
    Money?
    "Old Ben is fine at Gear 7, can easily survive Vader wave without putting on any additional pieces of gear.No need to get him up to Gear 8."

Whut skills did you level up for obi wan?

Mine was level 75 G8, level 3 abilities with mediocre mods--I can't even remember what I had on him; if you're having trouble just slap stuff on there for survival, health, protection--and spam the "defend" skill whenever it's up. I don't know about G7, at G8 my Old Ben got knocked to about 40% health before I could sacrifice him.
    Post edited by catharsis478 on
  • Who should lead. I have only had Han make it out of the 2nd wave 3 times.. If he does make it to the third wave gone before I get a turn. I have all mine 85 but STH is the only one at gear 9 the other 3 are at gear 8 and I have yet to even kill a mob in the 3rd wave. Maybe I am doing something wrong.
  • I’m not sure, but I incline to say Han should lead. Leah’s leadership bonus doesn’t help against the two toughest stormtroopers in the final room, as they are immune (initially) to crits. Luke’s tenacity doesn’t seem as helpful as Han’s bonus.

My team is all G9, but I can kill only one trooper in the final room. I’m gonna try to get Han, Leah or maybe R2 to G10 before the event is over.

Also I’m trying to farm speed mods. Where do people find mods with massive speed numbers? i’m lucky to get one with 5 Speed. Even if I use a set of 4 speed mods, that’s only a 10% bonus — maybe 15 more speed. How in the world do people get Leah over 200 speed?
    My character collection is here: https://swgoh.gg/u/rickystarwalker/collection/
  • Lysana
    11 posts Member
    Also I’m trying to farm speed mods. Where do people find mods with massive speed numbers? i’m lucky to get one with 5 Speed. Even if I use a set of 4 speed mods, that’s only a 10% bonus — maybe 15 more speed. How in the world do people get Leah over 200 speed?

This video has some great info on mods. It may not help you for the CLS event, because it can take some time to farm mods with good speed bonuses, but it’ll help in the long run.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WYaiApAwpno#menu
  • Just done with everybody gear 9, level 70-80, and arena mods (Leia 210 speed aprox, good sec). Leia 2 omegas and R2 one. Han leader. Took a few tries for good RNG with stuns.
    Good luck!
  • It is all luck and done trying. I only have Han at gear 9 but his health is over 20k and protection over 24k and he has only made it out of the 2nd wave I think 7 times in 50 tries and the times he has made it dead before I get one turn in the 3rd wave. Luke has to be the most useless toon I have ever played. Leia I have at 230+ speed and most of the time never gets a bonus attack even with the skill omega on it. Now I know why I do not spend money to play this game. Good luck to those still trying and I will be back maybe the next go around.
  • Lysana
    11 posts Member
    Leia I have at 230+ speed and most of the time never gets a bonus attack even with the skill omega on it.

I noticed this, as well, and wondered whether they reduced her multi-attack chance in the event.

Good luck! I thought it was kind of frustrating, too.
  • Lysana wrote: »
    Leia I have at 230+ speed and most of the time never gets a bonus attack even with the skill omega on it.

I noticed this, as well, and wondered whether they reduced her multi-attack chance in the event.

Good luck! I thought it was kind of frustrating, too.

Yeah the two I had it done to only 2 left at half health she never got off a bonus attack
  • Who should lead. I have only had Han make it out of the 2nd wave 3 times.. If he does make it to the third wave gone before I get a turn. I have all mine 85 but STH is the only one at gear 9 the other 3 are at gear 8 and I have yet to even kill a mob in the 3rd wave. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

I had better luck with leia lead
  • I got STH to gear 10 and moved mods around for him for better protection. He is now over 32K for protection and rolled through it. As mentioned Luke is useless. In the 2nd wave with the exception of cloaking Leia I used only basic so they were all up to start in the final wave. I also figured out to get the leader that heals out of the way after dealing with the tanks.
  • Once I got R2 to gear 10, things were much easier. He refused to die, and he kept Leia alive with his stealth and her foresight. Han bought us enough time in the final room that we scraped a win. This was after numerous failures with the entire party at gear 9. Interesting that gearing up just R2, and just one gear level, made an immediate difference — I won on my first try.

I had been collecting speed mods, and I’d dug up several mods with speed of 10-15 or more. I was going to install them, But R2’s heroics made them unnecessary. They’ll certainly come in handy.
    My character collection is here: https://swgoh.gg/u/rickystarwalker/collection/
  • I just got the CLS, and concluded that
    a) STH should be at least G9, otherwise he will not survive till wave 3,
    b) R2D2 should be at least G9, he should protect Leia & Luke in early stage with its higher protection, and it's better to invest to it rather than Leia or Luke
    c) Leia and Luke is good to go with G8,
    d) all toons lv. 85, unless you have higher gear,
    e) Maximise speed up, at lease two of your platoon should be speed 220~230 or over. First R2D2, last STH,
    f) If STH's health is not enough, save his taunt until the first turn of last wave and do not taunt before that.
    Only my R2D2 survived at the end of the last wave, after killing two troopers alone.
  • CHTULHU wrote: »
    I just got the CLS, and concluded that
    a) STH should be at least G9, otherwise he will not survive till wave 3,
    b) R2D2 should be at least G9, he should protect Leia & Luke in early stage with its higher protection, and it's better to invest to it rather than Leia or Luke
    c) Leia and Luke is good to go with G8,
    d) all toons lv. 85, unless you have higher gear,
    e) Maximise speed up, at lease two of your platoon should be speed 220~230 or over. First R2D2, last STH,
    f) If STH's health is not enough, save his taunt until the first turn of last wave and do not taunt before that.
    Only my R2D2 survived at the end of the last wave, after killing two troopers alone.

This is just not true I did it with the stats I stated above
  • Alright, I got him this morning (I said I'd be back!).

ST:H (L): Lv. 85, G9, abilities 4/5/7/7, modded for protection (+17.7k; totaled about 29k)
    Leia: Lv. 85, G8, abilities 8/3/4/7, modded for speed (had 212)
    Farmboy: Lv. 85, G8, abilities 8/7/7/7, modded for speed/crit chance
    R2-D2: Lv. 85, G8, abilities 8/3/3/7/7, modded for speed (~220 afaik)

I swapped to a ST:H lead on a guildmate's suggestion and was able to do it once I had leveled it up. I probably didn't need to omega the basics on any of them and wouldn't have had I more time to get all of the abilities to 7 prior to the event (they started out level 70-75, G7-G8, level 3 abilities all around; R2-D2 wasn't even unlocked prior to the even dropping). I probably didn't need to knock Han up to G9, but did anyways because it was pretty easy to do so (especially after gearing R2-D2, ugh).

On the fight itself, Han lasted long enough to get me through the crit-immune troopers. R2-D2 died shortly after I killed the commander, and Leia cleaned up the other two. Overall, I'm a happy camper.
  • Alright, I got him this morning (I said I'd be back!).

ST:H (L): Lv. 85, G9, abilities 4/5/7/7, modded for protection (+17.7k; totaled about 29k)
    Leia: Lv. 85, G8, abilities 8/3/4/7, modded for speed (had 212)
    Farmboy: Lv. 85, G8, abilities 8/7/7/7, modded for speed/crit chance
    R2-D2: Lv. 85, G8, abilities 8/3/3/7/7, modded for speed (~220 afaik)

I swapped to a ST:H lead on a guildmate's suggestion and was able to do it once I had leveled it up. I probably didn't need to omega the basics on any of them and wouldn't have had I more time to get all of the abilities to 7 prior to the event (they started out level 70-75, G7-G8, level 3 abilities all around; R2-D2 wasn't even unlocked prior to the even dropping). I probably didn't need to knock Han up to G9, but did anyways because it was pretty easy to do so (especially after gearing R2-D2, ugh).

On the fight itself, Han lasted long enough to get me through the crit-immune troopers. R2-D2 died shortly after I killed the commander, and Leia cleaned up the other two. Overall, I'm a happy camper.

Congrats
  • m1yg6ejcf0n2.jpeg
    If anyone is still interested. I used the team in the photo. Had my Arena mods for Ezra on Leia. Han needs to be tanky as hell and taunt at the start of each round. Try to use Leia’s stealth ability when she is already stealthed from R2 to get the bonus buffs. Use R2’s burn when the Stormtroopers are taunting only. Otherwise try to stun everyone else. Difficult with a relatively poor modded R2. Han died in round 3. Took three attempts at the final wave. Yes, Old Ben is massively over geared, but I’m using him in Arena under Bastila lead.