Daring Droid : Mythic Event,tier III

Prev1
Nokhai
174 posts Member
edited March 2018
Can someone here please explain me how does Darth Vader manages to use his AoE time after time,after time,etc?At one moment my team had more "dots" on them than a Rancor.In one of the many tries i had to do to try and win this thing DV did his AoE,used Culling Blade on R2 then used his AoE again,basic attack on Raid Han than AoE again.How is that even possible?!

Replies

• Man it's a hard challenge...one that I'm not up to lol!
  • Nokhai
    174 posts Member
    Man it's a hard challenge...one that I'm not up to lol!

I managed to win it at 3 stars after over 10 or 15 tries.The first 3-4 times it was a massacre.I lost 3 toons in less then a minute.
  • Don't think "usual Vader" abilities.. he's on steroids for the mythic event..

I'm happy to be corrected tho.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    What team did you use?
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • I just laugh at the carnage...
  • Nokhai
    174 posts Member
    Hskull55 wrote: »
    What team did you use?

CLS lead team (only G9,i just got him),Leia G11,HR Scout G11 and Raid Han with zeta and G12.
  • Nokhai
    174 posts Member
    I just laugh at the carnage...

I take it you didn't beat this as well. :))
  • Ruzhy6
    14 posts Member
    No probs here. zCLS, zR2, zHan, OB, CHS.
  • It’s really not that hard. If you’re getting smashed you’re just not there yet.
  • Ugnaught
    481 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I autod it with cls wigs r2 and srp. You guys are making me feel good about my team. Usually I feel like I'm mediocre. SRP did revive twice I think...
  • Nokhai
    174 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Dark_Light wrote: »
    It’s really not that hard. If you’re getting smashed you’re just not there yet.

I did put my best rebels (except CLS who's only at G9 (need a couple of carbantis to get him to G10) ).
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Ruzhy6 wrote: »
    No probs here. zCLS, zR2, zHan, OB, CHS.

Gonna have to break it to you mate...no problems because you have CLS...with zetas. and R2 and Han with Zetas too. That's pretty much how it works ;)
  • Skiddlydiddly
    129 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    That’s the idea though. These mythical are meant for end game teams to give an extra reward for people to work towards.

It took me 2 turns. The first one I spent laughing at Vader and wishing mine did that. The second I used han’s stun, then CLS’s tm wipe on Vader . They kill themselves with counters after that.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    That’s the idea though. These mythical are meant for end game teams to give an extra reward for people to work towards.

It took me 2 turns. The first one I spent laughing at Vader and wishing mine did that. The second I used han’s stun, then CLS’s tm wipe on Vader . They kill themselves with counters after that.

They can't counter if they are dazed :/
    I guess the passive cleanse from R2 is useful
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Moved to proper sub.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I was able to do it with Luke (It Binds All Things zeta'd), R2 (Number Crunch zeta'd), Baze, Chirrut, and Ackbar. Luke is g12 (none of the g12 gear, though... :( ), the rest are 9 or 10. I think my Chirrut is 8, though.

There's a lot of AoE, but there's enough single target stuff that Baze will soak enough damage that would have killed at least one other character, meanwhile counterattacking and feeding Chirrut's TM and allowing him to cleanse/equalize/mass HoT faster. When Baze's turn comes up he can also clear out those taunts and let you focus on Darth Vader so you don't have that non-stop Force Crush.

In the end, Ackbar wasn't needed--I thought I would need a second cleanse, but Chirrut provides enough HoTs that you'll be fine.

This one's harder than BB-8's Mythic, because that's just a matter of outlasting the initial burst. This one is about limiting the heavy hitters' turns via stuns, speed down, and (if possible) turn meter reduction while also keeping yourself as debuff free as possible. If you don't have the characters I listed above then form your team with that in mind and you'll do better.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Hskull55 wrote: »
    I guess the passive cleanse from R2 is useful

Uuuuuuuuuuughghghghgh......... Man do I wish I had that zeta now! I hadn't thought about it, but, yeah that would make this 10x easier!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • 3ReD7
    47 posts Member
    Beat it with no Z’s... CLS lead, Raid Han, R2, Leigh, and Akbar for 1 cleanse shot (2 if lucky). Have to target Vader early and often with CLS. And get lucky with rotation and stuns!
  • 3ReD7
    47 posts Member
    3ReD7 wrote: »
    Beat it with no Z’s... CLS lead, Raid Han, R2, Leigh, and Akbar for 1 cleanse shot (2 if lucky). Have to target Vader early and often with CLS. And get lucky with rotation and stuns!

Only 1 star for the record!
  • I don’t have any of r2’s zetas. Maybe I got lucky.
  • Finally beat it with Leia g11 in lead, Raid Han, Baze, Chirrut and R2 with z-Number Crunch.
  • potsy
    73 posts Member
    Inspired by this thread I just gave it another go after initially deciding I wasn't ready.

Cleared it with only one zeta on cls and one on Han, OB, R2 and Ezra were my team.

• I haven’t read all the posts but I’d just like to say it’s definitely rigged cuz I noticed not only does Vader constantly use force crush but it also inflicts daze on u which when I read both his abilities and tarkins and NEITHER say anything about inflicting daze plus Han doesn’t go first like his unique ability says he’s supposed to do! No one will ever convince me it’s not rigged it’s total crap
  • And also don’t tell me powerful mods and strategy is required cuz it doesn’t mean jack if u don’t ever get a turn u can have the strongest team in the world but if they never stop it’s a done deal you’ll lose
  • WitnessedJarl
    255 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    in events skills of toons can be different than they are normally. In this case vader applying daze with his aoe. They also start with full turn meter so its kinda rng vs han who gets to go first since he also starts with full turn meter.

Also this event imo is a lot easier than the bb8 event since you can use a pretaunt toon like baze on which they have to focus their attacks.
  • Nokhai
    174 posts Member
    And also don’t tell me powerful mods and strategy is required cuz it doesn’t mean jack if u don’t ever get a turn u can have the strongest team in the world but if they never stop it’s a done deal you’ll lose

True.In at least 3 tries out of so many that i did,i never got to shoot once.In other tries i count 6 Force Crushes from Vader in under 2 minutes.And like you said,he inflicts Daze.Further more i noticed that both Vader and Tarkin,somehow,manage to gain 100 tm from zero in just a second.How is this possible?!
  • Nokhai
    174 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    I was able to do it with Luke (It Binds All Things zeta'd), R2 (Number Crunch zeta'd), Baze, Chirrut, and Ackbar. Luke is g12 (none of the g12 gear, though... :( ), the rest are 9 or 10. I think my Chirrut is 8, though.

There's a lot of AoE, but there's enough single target stuff that Baze will soak enough damage that would have killed at least one other character, meanwhile counterattacking and feeding Chirrut's TM and allowing him to cleanse/equalize/mass HoT faster. When Baze's turn comes up he can also clear out those taunts and let you focus on Darth Vader so you don't have that non-stop Force Crush.

In the end, Ackbar wasn't needed--I thought I would need a second cleanse, but Chirrut provides enough HoTs that you'll be fine.

This one's harder than BB-8's Mythic, because that's just a matter of outlasting the initial burst. This one is about limiting the heavy hitters' turns via stuns, speed down, and (if possible) turn meter reduction while also keeping yourself as debuff free as possible. If you don't have the characters I listed above then form your team with that in mind and you'll do better.

I did it using CLS lead (just G 9 since i just got him,R2 with both zetas,Raid Han with zeta,Leia at G11 and HR Scout at G10 but with 224 speed on him.And speaking of CLS why is everyone saying that It Binds All Things should be zeta first?It seems that Learn Control offers more.Or is it just me?
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Nokhai wrote: »
    And also don’t tell me powerful mods and strategy is required cuz it doesn’t mean jack if u don’t ever get a turn u can have the strongest team in the world but if they never stop it’s a done deal you’ll lose

True.In at least 3 tries out of so many that i did,i never got to shoot once.In other tries i count 6 Force Crushes from Vader in under 2 minutes.And like you said,he inflicts Daze.Further more i noticed that both Vader and Tarkin,somehow,manage to gain 100 tm from zero in just a second.How is this possible?!

Event teams are buffed to present a challenge, that's how.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Crowny
    273 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Is the 600 crystal refresh worth it? Obviously the mods you get are random and might not be any good, or you could potentially get 2 mods with speed secondaries. Do you also get the few pieces of G12 gear from the refresh? Overall, is it worth it to spend the 600 crystals for a refresh of tier 3?

By the way, I beat the event brining CLS (Lead), Raid Han, Chirrut and Baze.