How much do you love/hate The Clone Wars?

FinalGreyJedi
401 posts Member
edited February 2016
I personally love them because of Anakin and Ahsoka, my favorite characters, and how they develop the story and portray Anakin's fall to the dark side in detail. Not just the little emo-girly way GL did with Hayden Christensen.

How much do you love/hate The Clone Wars? 31 votes

Love them! Watched all 6 Seasons
41%
D_MillennialDashboardCaptSeaWalkerAlkunDefinitivePoeCounterBaron_BrixiusFinalGreyJediWarDarthFonziAchillesSikhoGolffeCtfivefivefive 13 votes
Love them so far, still watching them
35%
ArillianDreamwalk3rWillkimm98USAmazingDarth_ReyCaptainarlexAgueybanaNortikka_aikarajuuPadenDjbzKexchoklad 11 votes
Eh they're okay..
12%
Nerfherder17InternetSwagValent_AntonaBantam 4 votes
I hate them but I'm okay with them being Canon
3%
2scars 1 vote
Absolutely wish they never existed, bring back the Expanded Universe!
6%
Pure_Pazaakveejayti 2 votes

Replies

• Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Never watched them, but I'll wholeheartedly vote for "bring back the Expanded Universe"! :)
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Absolutely wish they never existed, bring back the Expanded Universe!
    The clone wars writers twisted things just a bit too far for my taste the expanded universe's style left you with a far more richer feel( i gotta say it sorry folks but did they really bring back darth maul from the dead)
  • Pure_Pazaak
    386 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Absolutely wish they never existed, bring back the Expanded Universe!
    Despite my vote, I love Ahsoka Tano. :( Pretty sad that only one character from the best part of the Star Wars universe is featured, yet there is only one well-designed character from the most prominent canon media outside of the films. Maybe two with Plo Koon. I always thought he looked cool and provided a needed foil to Ahsoka, since Anakin is basically just an overgrown, angsty teenager.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Love them so far, still watching them
    Is the expanded universe books or tv shows or the games? Can you give me the titles of them please? Thanks
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Willkimm98 wrote: »
    Is the expanded universe books or tv shows or the games? Can you give me the titles of them please? Thanks
    Mainly talking about post E6 books. Just Google Star Wars novels timeline and you'll see 'Em all.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Eh they're okay..
    There's a lot I like about them, and some I don't. I think the whole Darth Maul thing was just dumb. It did result in a cool battle though. Almost through season 5.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Love them! Watched all 6 Seasons
    Definitely necessary to flesh out all that happened between II and III. Some arcs are questionable but really liked the ones that feature the clones (Rishi station, anyone?)

Rebels, on the other hand...
  • Eh they're okay..
    Anakin being able to solo the brother and the daughter, but then getting stalled against barris is a **** joke and inconsistent writing.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
    There's a lot I like about them, and some I don't. I think the whole Darth Maul thing was just dumb. It did result in a cool battle though. Almost through season 5.

I totally agree
    Anakin being able to solo the brother and the daughter, but then getting stalled against barris is a **** joke and inconsistent writing.

I do understand what you mean, some of it makes no sense... Overall I did love Anakin's character though
    Definitely necessary to flesh out all that happened between II and III. Some arcs are questionable but really liked the ones that feature the clones (Rishi station, anyone?)

Rebels, on the other hand...

I'm about to start watching rebels only because they said it would tie in with TFA towards the end of the season
    Despite my vote, I love Ahsoka Tano. :( Pretty sad that only one character from the best part of the Star Wars universe is featured, yet there is only one well-designed character from the most prominent canon media outside of the films. Maybe two with Plo Koon. I always thought he looked cool and provided a needed foil to Ahsoka, since Anakin is basically just an overgrown, angsty teenager.

I do agree with some of what you say. However Anakin to me was just being how he was but still got things done because he was the chosen one and they perfectly portray his downfall slowly but surely
  • Eh they're okay..
    I am in the middle of s1e13 right now as im working. I can say so far there is almost no mention of a plot, excluding the fact that they are in the middle of a clone war. I dont hate it, but it seems geared towards pre-teen kids to me. there is no continuity between episodes, just battle, save a person or droid, capture someone, let them go, save someone else. it seems they arent working toward any real end. maybe it gets better in season 2-5?
    @Widget_gaget Eventually they move away from that and there is continuity. Seasons 4 and 5 is where it really starts to pick up there are some really interesting developments.

--

Yeah I didn't really see the whole point of the Mortis arc...

I was really excited when I saw that mid-season trailer for Rebels...then we got 5 bad episodes...

Just want to see what happens when Vader meets Ahsoka

"You killed my master!"

"No, Snips, I am your master."
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    @Widget_gaget Eventually they move away from that and there is continuity. Seasons 4 and 5 is where it really starts to pick up there are some really interesting developments.

--

I was really excited when I saw that mid-season trailer for Rebels...then we got 5 bad episodes...

"You killed my master!"

I think the Mortis arc was to tie into EU material before Disney order 66'd it.

He didn't want to kill her. Also Barriss was almost a full-fledged Jedi Knight and also Anakin at the time was also a Knight. And you could see how easily Anakin overpowered her during the last parts of the duel when he sort of gave in to his hate.

Also Son and Daughter vs Anakin has nothing to do with this. It was only related to raw force strength and Anakin has the highest raw force power out of everyone in the lore. He wasn't very good at it however since during his duel with Obi in Ep3, Obi's and Ani's force pushes matched and Obi was by no means a savant in force.

So Anakin beating son and daughter into submission is not relevant and by no means disrupts the writing.
  • Love them so far, still watching them
    More Obi!!! That's why I like the clone wars
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi

He didn't want to kill her. Also Barriss was almost a full-fledged Jedi Knight and also Anakin at the time was also a Knight. And you could see how easily Anakin overpowered her during the last parts of the duel when he sort of gave in to his hate.

Also Son and Daughter vs Anakin has nothing to do with this. It was only related to raw force strength and Anakin has the highest raw force power out of everyone in the lore. He wasn't very good at it however since during his duel with Obi in Ep3, Obi's and Ani's force pushes matched and Obi was by no means a savant in force.

So Anakin beating son and daughter into submission is not relevant and by no means disrupts the writing.

Finally, someone's talking some sense.

--

"You killed my master!"

She already felt Anakin inside Vader when she and Kanan reached out to Vader while he was attacking the rebel fleet in a TIE fighter. So it won't be a reveal per se.