Barriss Offee changes

123457Next

Replies

• Barrok wrote: »
    Shizmoo wrote: »
    ewok wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    ewok wrote: »
    Before you purchase something you need to do your research, this game made it clear that there will be updates(nerfs, buffs).

Yes, they did. I consider this nerf excessive and am expressing my displeasure to a company TO WHOM I PAID MONEY.
    That is my right.
    I have not requested a refund from Google. I am telling the company TO WHOM I PAID MONEY that I am not happy with the change they made.
    If you don't like that, that's your problem.

You have every right to complain, but in my opinion EA did nothing wrong.

That's the problem, your opinion means nothing. Apple/Google Play's opinion is all that matters and they have deemed it wrong and refundable. Now pick up your bottle you keep throwing in a tantrum and kindly leave good sir.

Just because Google refunds you doesn't mean EA/CG was in the wrong.

They are well within their rights to update their game. You are paying for the rights to get access to a certain character. You don't own that character. You don't have control over if they update it or not.

Google and Apple are about keeping customers happy. Sometimes making a change in a game will make people unhappy. Banning a card in magic the gathering really sucks, and hurts the value of cards and jacks up your deck, but you have to move on. These F2p games don't have that flexibility because everyone complains if something they purchased changes.

What inevitably will happen is this game will follow how hearthstone does it. If a card is changed, you can get 100% back the cost of the card (in ingame currency), i(n hearthstone it is in dust i think). So, you can just use it for another character. I am guessing here, they would put some value on a 4* at something like 2400 crystals (so you can buy an 8 pack or something).

I'd rather have GW, Catina or Arena currency. That way you can get whatever characters shards you're working on. If compensation is given in crystals, I sure won't pull card packs with it
  • Otar wrote: »
    But back to my point, if i would not believe even EA/CG information (if they ever publish any) without a 3th party auditing the code

We're not going to knowingly lie about our game. Sometimes there are bugs and we are wrong by accident, but lying? That's not a thing we do.

-Aaron

Im not saying you guys do, and not saying you dont, im just saying that personally, for me to put money on a game, i have to feel confortable with it, and from my past experience with HoDA and now SWGoH, i dont really have confidence in EA/CG, and i was trying not to talk about modded clients (topics in that regard usually just vanish) but if you guys cant secure your game, maybe a 3th party can, and since they are at it, why not check everything?

I wanna give an example of a game i played for years before i finally decided that the company deserved my $$$, League of Legends, i play it since beta, and only last christmas i decided they should be compensated, dropped over 1k on skins, and this christmas i dropped another 200, even if i dont play the game anymore, i believe i logged in a total of 10 times the whole year.
  • It doesn't even matter, every character should be at least "Farmable" to some extent which means that you are not paying to acquire power(not legal), you are simply paying EA to give you the time of your life that it would have taken to level the character back to you. The characters overall ablities/stats were never part of the sale.
  • Seriously how are they going to remove Bariss from all those accounts without removing all the progress and rewards they got because of the bariss OP edge which allowed them better rewards and placements in PvP, GW ect. EA and Capitol Games have every right to balance the game as they see fit, we should all know this. If EA/CG decide to give refunds and allow those who bought it to "KEEP" Bariss then EVERYONE will have a cry and request to get their money back and still have a freebie Bariss which is unfair on everyone else especially on EA and developers. Everyone who bought Bariss will exploit the refund and free Bariss + other characters.They have made such a brilliant and amazing Star Wars game for once and character balances is part of it to make it even and fair. Bariss Nerf and any other character nerf/balance/buff is soley up to the developers discretion and I think EA should not refund. If they do refund the purchase, they should delete the account as that Bariss would have significantly contributed to that players level progression, equipment, rewards, character unlocks ect. You guys have a brilliant game EA/Capitol Games!
    seriously devs? GW refresh change was a low blow for more $$$
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    The heal equalisation itself is still bloody massive. Yes the base heal isn't as much, but still equal to Luminara, but for teams who like to kill one toon first then move on (I have no reliable AOE) she can still fully heal someone after I've got them to red.

That is how shes designed. It brings variety ffs. If she is stipping you from single burning then you just have not figured her out yet. I single burn ppl just fine when they have her (she can only do it once every 5 turns). If you can single butn someone in 5 full turns then you have bigger things to worry about then a bariss.

@everyone still complaining even after they nerf'd her................
    Will you just learn to play so u can focus more on winning an less about crying......... You already won....... She was nerf'd at your crying request so dry up the tears an be thankful. Merry Chritmas an all that lol
  • Camalus
    217 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I don't think their aim is to upset their paying customers, rather to keep balance. An out of balance game is no fun for anyone even the paying customers will cry about op characters once F2p players have been able to acquire and level those same ones.

Edit: Just an afterthought, they sold over 150 cars in Need for Speed world and 5 of them could win all of the races all of the time, it was super boring getting beat by the same op Toyota MR2 all the time, or the GT2 997 anybody who played that game can tell you, the balance was awful.

only evidence left of my existence over there
    http://nfstimes.com/nfsw/pc/ROADBLOCK7
  • This is the most crying I have ever seen in a thread before. I stopped reading after a few posts, but I think the thing to to take away from all of this is to get a refund if you bought Barriss with cash. If nothing else, it will be funny to see the impotent rage from the original poster as more people report positive results.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • SlyBeats wrote: »
    Seriously how are they going to remove Bariss from all those accounts without removing all the progress and rewards they got because of the bariss OP edge which allowed them better rewards and placements in PvP, GW ect. EA and Capitol Games have every right to balance the game as they see fit, we should all know this. If EA/CG decide to give refunds and allow those who bought it to "KEEP" Bariss then EVERYONE will have a cry and request to get their money back and still have a freebie Bariss which is unfair on everyone else especially on EA and developers. Everyone who bought Bariss will exploit the refund and free Bariss + other characters.They have made such a brilliant and amazing Star Wars game for once and character balances is part of it to make it even and fair. Bariss Nerf and any other character nerf/balance/buff is soley up to the developers discretion and I think EA should not refund. If they do refund the purchase, they should delete the account as that Bariss would have significantly contributed to that players level progression, equipment, rewards, character unlocks ect. You guys have a brilliant game EA/Capitol Games!

BTW, 50 bucks was for a package that had other characters and some crystals
  • Abyss wrote: »
    The heal equalisation itself is still bloody massive. Yes the base heal isn't as much, but still equal to Luminara, but for teams who like to kill one toon first then move on (I have no reliable AOE) she can still fully heal someone after I've got them to red.

That is how shes designed. It brings variety ffs. If she is stipping you from single burning then you just have not figured her out yet. I single burn ppl just fine when they have her (she can only do it once every 5 turns). If you can single butn someone in 5 full turns then you have bigger things to worry about then a bariss.

@everyone still complaining even after they nerf'd her................
    Will you just learn to play so u can focus more on winning an less about crying......... You already won....... She was nerf'd at your crying request so dry up the tears an be thankful. Merry Chritmas an all that lol

I think many people here are just venting their frustration and hoping that EA will act. Most likely they will
  • This is not a complaint thread, just a request, since @EA_Jesse said yesterday that there would be an official response today, and there's not much today left. Thanks.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • which all leads to the logic conclusion:

WHAT should motivate someone, to purchase yet another set of charcters, if their worth is so unstable...
    this time already a special offer for only 99,99 $...

still waiting for Yoda...lets see how many special offers we get, until then, und what's price and value then...
    someone in for a bet? I say 299,99$ for Yoda and 13 weeks until worthless ;)
  • I to want to see how there going to handle this. I bought the barriss pack less than two weeks ago! How stupid do I feel!!! Seriously though there has to be a refund I mean two weeks man.
  • Vampire_X wrote: »
    The law amazingly supersedes your ideas of FairPlay and thank goodness cg is based in the good ole USA

And attorney general office of California has a website too for IP issues so let's stop acting like this is utopia

Real world real laws real money real results

Enough of the Internet tough talk

So, does the Terms of Service you agreed to in making an account for this game count as a lawful agreement, or does that part of your responsibility as a consumer not count?

I'd suggest reading the entire thing (seeing how you agreed to everything within during the account creation process), but particularly the disclaimer at the top, as well as paragraphs 3, 4, 5, and 10.

The law works both ways, so being an ignorant consumer does not help the cause.

http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
  • Knightfall
    3 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Here's a little story:

Yesterday the strangest thing happened. I opened my first free Bronzium card for the day and boom, there she was. A 4-starred Barriss. I thought to myself, "Hey, that's pretty cool. The most OP starter character." Had I gotten her from the start I would have been more than pleased. I was a little less than excited at this point. So I came to the forums to see if other people were getting her for free too, only to find out she had just been nerfed pretty hard. I was disappointed, because I was really counting on Barriss staying the way she was. Not because she's OP, but the exact opposite. I was counting on players keeping their Barriss and wasting their resources/time on her so that at endgame I could surpass all these people easily (not that hard already). Barriss was like the frog in the boiled frog experiment, slowly approaching its demise without realizing it. Nerfing it just a little is like raising the temperature on the frog just enough where it doesn't notice it's in any immediate danger as it's body adapts to the new temperature. But you (EA/Cap) raised the temperature too high, too quickly and now the frog is gone. Thanks a lot. A more subtle and less devastating nerf would have been even better for non-Barriss PVPers. Once everyone has their full teams of 7* max level characters, Barriss ain't no thang anymore. I would have only been using my Barriss for the Galactic War (Still plan to even after the nerf).

But now I see this thing about refunds. Refunds for a character that did so much for you. Getting you into the top positions with less effort than most, collecting all of those crystals every single day because of this character. Not to mention the Arena Tokens to help you toward an actual beast of a character (Sidious). Refunds for a character that, unless you're playing wrong, has won you every single Galactic War since. A character that has been extremely helpful, giving you a real head start. One that you will likely not even be using later on when you realize how inferior she is to a lot of other alternatives and counters (except for Galactic Wars obviously). The fact that she is slow to max out unless you pour a lot of cash into her was already a "nerf" and an advantage to those who don't have her. If you're paying so much money to max her out it's for a reason and you deserve your money's worth. You can worry about her being obsolete later.

In my personal opinion, the nerf hurts everyone, especially those ones who aren't using her. But refunds? Really? Let's see. $50 to get you to the top and also help with obtaining and maxing your other more important characters more quickly than people without her is a pretty **** good deal. Let's be reasonable here. The character got you to where you are now. She earned you resources and a high position that you otherwise probably wouldn't have gotten, at least not as quickly, so saving time is another plus. She would have lost her place in the PVP area eventually, nerf or not(hing) ;). She is still great for the Galactic War, I don't care what anyone says. And we want refunds? So that you can pour that money into another "OP" character until you don't like them anymore and ask for another refund? Unless they refunded you and closed your account because of everything paying to win gave you, this makes absolutely no sense to me.

Yeah, yeah, it's been said already, "Games nerf characters all the time.", sure, we know that, it's a valid point against refunds. But what about the other way around? Am I mistaken to believe that games also buff characters all the time? Of course not, the new update has proven that (my man Sidious, seriously). So what if, hear me out now, what if Barriss gets a buff in the future? Hmm, then by the logic of the refundees (not a real word, I know) you will now have to give back the $50 because Barris is "OP" again. No, of course you wouldn't.

Where am I even trying to go with this? I never write this much on forums. Whaaat?? *shrug* I guess if I had to do a TL;DR it would be...

tl;dr: The nerf is dumb, but refunds are dumber. Thanks for ruining my evil plans EA/Capital.
  • AbysmalDarkside
    316 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    No argument here, at the end of the day refunds shouldnt be issued for a new game where balancing is imminent. & the only way a refund makes sense is if like in clash of clans you have to start all over from scratch. None of you deserve a refund. Glad alot of people agree, & dont really care for people who don't, you dont deserve a refund.
  • Just my 2 cents as someone who purchased Barris, kylo, dooku and several crystal packs... I look at it this way if I bought 12000 crystals and spent none of them and 2 weeks later overnight I had 11000 crystals because of crystal balancing that needed to happen I would be a bit salty... So I understand why folks are up in arms. Do I think everyone who spent money on Barris should get a full refund absolutely not, do I think they should be compensated in some fashion yes. Will any of this stop me from buying the next big pack... Probably not I love this game
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Terms of service (also known as terms of use and terms and conditions, commonly abbreviated as ToS or TOS and TOU) are rules which one must agree to abide by in order to use a service.[1] Terms of service can also be merely a disclaimer, especially regarding the use of websites.

They can not violate state or federal laws and they do not protect from monetary protection but rather how they govern who may use a service

Wiki it if you like and seeing how we employ a staff of attorneys I assure you that the California AG deals with these cases

Internet knowledge and real knowledge is very different and millennials need to learn that difference
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • I bought barriss pack like two weeks ago. I see a lot of hate from people saying paid players shouldn't get refunds n how stupid we are for spending money on a game. We its is paying players that allow the game to continue for the non paying players. Which is cool with me not everyone has spare cash, but the ftp hatters should remember this.

Personally I bought the pack because there were so many threads by peps saying how good she was op n all that n if u wanted a healer it had to be her. So like many I pushed the button n bought her. But now seems like she's a dead stick being playing tonight n tbh she's kinda useless now. And after two weeks I haven't being able to get any mid to long term benefit from my purchase. So trust me when I say I feel like I been robbed n deserve a refund (que the hatters)

I remember when clash of clans changed upgrade times on heroes. They refunded all cash back to players who had spent money upgrading heroes on the old two week cycle (it was reduced to one week) they did the right thing because they understood the importance of what's right and wrong and wanted to protect their reputation and long term viability of their money making machine!

EA I'm not going to moan to much but look at it with open eyes and do what's morally correct and support your paying customers. We are after all just people spending money and buying a product as such we should be treated as any other consumer and be given a product that was purchased (especially after only two weeks)

For the hatters you can now destroy this post and tell me how stupid I was for helping to fund and support your f2p game.

PS Jess please help them to see sense...
  • Wow. It's been a very long time since I seen something like this in a game. Where everyone is upset due to a nerf because either they feel screwed, or the ones lol at the o es that did but now they are upset because of refunds.

I'm sorry but I'm like really?

Why do people care so much about what someone else on a phone gets? How does this effect you? If they get a refund, great for them. Because it doesn't effect me one way or the other. If you are so upset about people you'll never meet getting $50 back, then you have issues outside a game.

As far as the nerf, as I said before. This worries me. Not because bariss is worthless now, but usually these types of things are signs for what's to come. This is something a lot of you are missing. Your to worried lol at the people that bought her that your missing the bigger picture.

Short version. I've seen it before. I can't beat this character, or this player, or this warrior, or this mage, ect.. So must be nerfed because I don't suck. Then nerf happens. Same people cry about another one, nerf happens. And this keeps repeating. After a couple months the people that pay money give up, leave for another game, and now the game is not making money. No money, no updates. And the game stays where it is and never moves forward.

This is why money spenders want a refund, and reason I think they will get it. Giving the money back, the players that are paying for free players to play do not feel robbed and will continue to pay money, and ea doesn't lose money because the players don't leave.

Me I pay around $20 a month. I do believe in supporting a game I enjoy playing.

• Vallik
    163 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    luter wrote: »
    The same thing is happening in clash of clans they did an horrible update and now people want gem refund witch they are getting it,only they accounts are being closed.So i think the same thing should happen here if you want your packs refunded it would be ideal for you to get some punishing

i REALLY hope this happens so i can get my money back from my other packs and ride into the sunset
    3 weeks is WAY to early to start this kinda crap
  • Knightfall wrote: »
    Here's a little story:

Yesterday the strangest thing happened. I opened my first free Bronzium card for the day and boom, there she was. A 4-starred Barriss. I thought to myself, "Hey, that's pretty cool. The most OP starter character." Had I gotten her from the start I would have been more than pleased. I was a little less than excited at this point. So I came to the forums to see if other people were getting her for free too, only to find out she had just been nerfed pretty hard. I was disappointed, because I was really counting on Barriss staying the way she was. Not because she's OP, but the exact opposite. I was counting on players keeping their Barriss and wasting their resources/time on her so that at endgame I could surpass all these people easily (not that hard already). Barriss was like the frog in the boiled frog experiment, slowly approaching its demise without realizing it. Nerfing it just a little is like raising the temperature on the frog just enough where it doesn't notice it's in any immediate danger as it's body adapts to the new temperature. But you (EA/Cap) raised the temperature too high, too quickly and now the frog is gone. Thanks a lot. A more subtle and less devastating nerf would have been even better for non-Barriss PVPers. Once everyone has their full teams of 7* max level characters, Barriss ain't no thang anymore. I would have only been using my Barriss for the Galactic War (Still plan to even after the nerf).

But now I see this thing about refunds. Refunds for a character that did so much for you. Getting you into the top positions with less effort than most, collecting all of those crystals every single day because of this character. Not to mention the Arena Tokens to help you toward an actual beast of a character (Sidious). Refunds for a character that, unless you're playing wrong, has won you every single Galactic War since. A character that has been extremely helpful, giving you a real head start. One that you will likely not even be using later on when you realize how inferior she is to a lot of other alternatives and counters (except for Galactic Wars obviously). The fact that she is slow to max out unless you pour a lot of cash into her was already a "nerf" and an advantage to those who don't have her. If you're paying so much money to max her out it's for a reason and you deserve your money's worth. You can worry about her being obsolete later.

In my personal opinion, the nerf hurts everyone, especially those ones who aren't using her. But refunds? Really? Let's see. $50 to get you to the top and also help with obtaining and maxing your other more important characters more quickly than people without her is a pretty **** good deal. Let's be reasonable here. The character got you to where you are now. She earned you resources and a high position that you otherwise probably wouldn't have gotten, at least not as quickly, so saving time is another plus. She would have lost her place in the PVP area eventually, nerf or not(hing) ;). She is still great for the Galactic War, I don't care what anyone says. And we want refunds? So that you can pour that money into another "OP" character until you don't like them anymore and ask for another refund? Unless they refunded you and closed your account because of everything paying to win gave you, this makes absolutely no sense to me.

Yeah, yeah, it's been said already, "Games nerf characters all the time.", sure, we know that, it's a valid point against refunds. But what about the other way around? Am I mistaken to believe that games also buff characters all the time? Of course not, the new update has proven that (my man Sidious, seriously). So what if, hear me out now, what if Barriss gets a buff in the future? Hmm, then by the logic of the refundees (not a real word, I know) you will now have to give back the $50 because Barris is "OP" again. No, of course you wouldn't.

Where am I even trying to go with this? I never write this much on forums. Whaaat?? *shrug* I guess if I had to do a TL;DR it would be...

tl;dr: The nerf is dumb, but refunds are dumber. Thanks for ruining my evil plans EA/Capital.

You hit the nail on the head. P2W players don't care about though... If only there were some sort of thing in-place that encourages users to agree to specific terms pertaining to the usage of the application, PRIOR to playing.

Who am I kidding? Who would actually read something before agreeing/signing? I'm sure consumer's wouldn't want a Human CENTiPAD happening all over again...

http://imgur.com/DR3YNVM

However, for the sake of fancy, this is an example of what said agreement might look like, if it actually existed: http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service

/s
  • I think thise so uoset about Barris, cannot see they bought a Nightsister pack. And that Nobody used ahkoha and asajj. But those two character now do 30% and 40% mire damage. Combine with Nughtsister -2% evasion and now you have a ladies team that hit like a truck. Talia can also heal. I understand if you miss Barris, byt what you don't see is that Barris still get's 15% of her health for every character, and her health is usually double, like 30%, uncapped, as she is the only character that will never cap a health refil. In any char is full health, it will lend to the others. She is still good. Just put those other chars to play. And CG will also give some extra. They did an important nerf, without any sneaky intent as implied, and can and will (I believe) offer something not due to whining, but because they care - but don't have to.
  • No argument here, at the end of the day refunds shouldnt be issued for a new game where balancing is imminent. & the only way a refund makes sense is if like in clash of clans you have to start all over from scratch. None of you deserve a refund. Glad alot of people agree, & dont really care for people who don't, you dont deserve a refund.

And they don't care about your opinion or anyone elses when Apple/Google Play made it a FACT they deserve refunds. Also I dare them to reset/delete account that mean every purchase will be refunded. Your move
This discussion has been closed.