Chopper or Sabine for Thrawn event

Prev1
ZCD_9915
356 posts Member
edited March 2018
I'm using the other four but I want to know if I should use chopper or Sabine. They are equal upgraded so that's not a factor.

Chopper or Sabine for Thrawn event 76 votes

Sabine
17%
Minuteman26FürkészCoastalJamesVettes4Fetts2TrojanMayyKvotheQGBQG2HilmalaZOHANDemacleshyace29SadB0iNaminef 13 votes
Chopper
75%
dogwelder79SilthrimlusyntRRReyWaquiCCyrilSLynnYodaNicWesterKynoDarthpedroElleMadaraSITHPLAGUERebel_yellN1c0taco_junkiethe5thEnderGamer87LighTofHeavenLeo476Richfxxxc1ever_pun 57 votes
Both, I should drop somebody else
7%
PaceBowTiesAreCoolMoljamesMast3rChef118RexBrennegearJustALine 6 votes

Replies

• Sabine
    Said it before and sure I'll say it again -

Chopper is a relatively easy farm and gives your team a defensive boost.

Sabine is a relatively hard farm and gives your team an offence boost.

The choice is yours- I go for Sabine.
  • jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    i used chopper, because my sabine hadn‘t enough stars for thrawn. now i have this little droid at gear 12, because he has good synergies with other droids (bb8 and r2).
    i was waiting for a good rng and made thrawn 7* with gear8 phönix-squad, maaaaany omegas and my best mods.
    if you have both to use, it‘s better, because you can try out and change.
  • Said it before and sure I'll say it again -

Chopper is a relatively easy farm and gives your team a defensive boost.

Sabine is a relatively hard farm and gives your team an offence boost.

The choice is yours- I go for Sabine.

Well what is was thinking is that chopper is harder to gear than Sabine but is easier to get shards.
  • Chopper
    You should go for Chop for the event, because his unique is more useful for the event then Sabine's is. Overall i think sabine is the better character, but chopper is better for this specific event.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Chopper
    I did it with Chopper and Sabine and no Ezra. Sabine gives you a second stagger which is boss in that fight. Chopper for certain though if you have to choose between the two.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub.

I also did it without Ezra.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    I did it with Chopper and Sabine and no Ezra. Sabine gives you a second stagger which is boss in that fight. Chopper for certain though if you have to choose between the two.

For which tier?
  • DirtierPlatypus
    18 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Chopper
    I know I used chopper, but can't really remember if it was sabine or ezra, but reading the other posts about it, I think I did it without ezra as well.

I also voted before remembering :)
  • Chopper
    I found the double dispel ezra/chopper combo very useful as the death troopers start with a really strong offensive buff. Dispel stormtrooper dispel death trooper and then kill the death trooper you don't dispel then the death trooper you do dispel while keeping thrawn stunned. That strategy worked for 2/3rds of my guild When I was helping them 7 star thrawn.
  • Darthpedro wrote: »
    I found the double dispel ezra/chopper combo very useful as the death troopers start with a really strong offensive buff. Dispel stormtrooper dispel death trooper and then kill the death trooper you don't dispel then the death trooper you do dispel while keeping thrawn stunned. That strategy worked for 2/3rds of my guild When I was helping them 7 star thrawn.

Great. I'll try that.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Chopper
    Easier farm and effective.

Also has a place in a JTR team.
  • CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Darthpedro wrote: »

How about abilites and Omegas? Any hint on which one to max up? I heard Zeb's basic is a must to keep everything under control, while you kill the troopers.
  • Chopper
    Kyno wrote: »

This
  • Sabine
    Sabine. Offense wins battles.

Although it did take 40+ tries to get good RNG, I refused to gear all Phoenix higher than G8, other than Ezra G9.
  • Kyno wrote: »

I'm in no position to worry about JTR right now. It would be another year before I get her.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Chopper
    ZCD_9915 wrote: »

I'm in no position to worry about JTR right now. It would be another year before I get her.

Yes. But every move you make you should look for it to have a short term, and long term uses. Nothing is worse than having a shiny 7* gear hogging toon warming the bench.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Yes. But every move you make you should look for it to have a short term, and long term uses. Nothing is worse than having a shiny 7* gear hogging toon warming the bench.

My thinking was that it would be wasteful to invest in a toon that I won't get in a year because by then there will be better options.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Chopper

My thinking was that it would be wasteful to invest in a toon that I won't get in a year because by then there will be better options.

with TW on the table, just about any toon that has been Meta since the game started is useful again. Even droids can do some nasty cleanup for a second round win.

TB, and the possibility of the Heros Journey toons being needed to continue into the next journey (pure speculation) means there is still a place for JTR, besides the sith raid.... oh yeah and the tank raid.

Toons that are that useful now will have a place for a while.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Sabine is really good if you are actually planning to gear out your Phoenix team (g11+). If you are never going to field a Phoenix team, Chopper will perform better at low gear.

Sabine is also great on a few Triumverate raid non-Phoenix teams if that matters to you.
  • Both, I should drop somebody else
    I did Thrawn event with no Erza and only Hera at gear 9. Only 4 Omegas on Hera leader and 3 uniques.
    (Proof for the non believers)
    https://swgoh.gg/u/bowtiesarecool/collection/?f=phoenix
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Chopper
    ... but my guild mate always recommends Sabine, when someone asks. I only did it with Chopper, though.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Chopper
    I did Thrawn event with no Erza and only Hera at gear 9. Only 4 Omegas on Hera leader and 3 uniques.

I also did with no ezra. But if the choice is chopper or sabine, it's chopper all the way.
  • This is good, I've been going for Chopper for a bit but stopped because I need the Jawa Scavenger. Once he's (she's?) Done I'll go back for Chops
  • Chopper
    Chopper, he gives speed up, he taunts and evade, he dispels, assist when omega his ability, easiest Phoenix to gear, fast and gives team a defensive boost, Sabine is alright but PvP suits her more, if you go against computer then Chopper is much more better
  • Chopper, he gives speed up, he taunts and evade, he dispels, assist when omega his ability, easiest Phoenix to gear, fast and gives team a defensive boost, Sabine is alright but PvP suits her more, if you go against computer then Chopper is much more better

If been told by just about everyone that he is very difficult to gear
  • Money
    11 posts Member
    Chopper
    Chopper is better for this event hands down. Im baffled some people say Sabine but I guess its human nature to try and cope with your own dumb decisions. You do not even need all gear 8 to get 7* Thrawn with Chopper if you are really on budget, just takes a lot of tries. You can not do that with Sabine though. Also yes, Chopper is harder to gear at higher levels but once again.. you only need him to get gear 8 max.
  • Sabine

Are you saying that a 7* Sabine who is geared up is gonna be warming the bench? She is very versatile and popping up in a lot of new raid teams. He zeta makes her a complete beast. Just saying.
  • Sabine
    I did this event with Sabine. I apparently farmed her before she became super hard to farm, because she was one of my first Phoenix members to hit 7* and I didn't bother with Chopper at all until recently. The difficulty to farm is moot though, as you have them both "equally upgraded", right?

Chopper has his uses though, no doubt about that. I don't think you can really go "wrong" with either of them, since you have them both 7* and equally geared.

I don't agree with taking anyone else out of the squad though. Ezra is key to me to remove buffs/taunts.
  • I did Thrawn event with no Erza and only Hera at gear 9. Only 4 Omegas on Hera leader and 3 uniques.

This gives me hope. How many attempts did it take you?
  • Sabine
    Sabine is far more useful for other aspects of the game besides just getting thrawn. its not even close.