Is it possible for me to obtain JTR by the next event?

Fizzik
114 posts Member
Rumors are JTR will appear again in May/June, will I be able to complete the requirements by then?

FO Progress:
Phasma 7*
KRU 4* 32/65
Kylo 5* 42/85
FOO 5* 50/85
FOTP 6* 29/100

Both vets are 3* 15/30. Will I be able to 7* everything here in time?

Replies

• Corrog
    308 posts Member
    It depends. Do you have the crystals to do refreshes, if necessary? That's a lot of cantina farming, with not much to supplement it. It's possible, but it's not certain.

For reference, I began working on the vets, alone, early in February. And, with 5 refreshes a day of cantina energy, I managed to get the last 150 shards I needed in the last week before JRey came back. It was a close thing, and I nearly missed out, but I got her.

You've got potentially less time, but potentially more, depending on the veracity of the rumors and the timing. IMHO, I'd say just start it. You obviously want the character, and waiting won't help you get her. If you try for it and it comes back too quick, you'll be sure to get there the next time.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Doesn’t look too good to me. That’s a lot if characters requiring the same type of energy. For reference, I started farming the vets early January and finished them 2 days after the beginning of the event. I put all my daily crystals into two cantina energy refreshes a day for this farm.
  • Aplus
    138 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    If it's May/ June you're probably gonna miss it again. The smugglers farm are incredibly tedious.

1. You will need (15+65+85+100)*2 = 530 shards

2. The average drop rate of shards = 1/3. You will need to do 530*3 = 1590 Battles

3. Each battle cost 16 energy. 1590*16 = 25440 catina energy.

4. Assuming that you have till end of May, which is around 60 days from now. You need to spend 25440/ 60 = 424 catina energy per day JUST to farm smugglers, not to mention your KRU and Kylo. Make that around 700 catina energy per day.

5. You will need to spend at least 100+100+100+200+200+ (400) (potentially 400, depends on whether you have good drop rates that day) crystals every day just to catch up with that drop rates.

Conclusion: Spend all your energy and gear on First order first, make sure you can get BB-8, then move on towards farming smugglers.
    Post edited by Aplus on
  • Gavsta
    201 posts Member
    Unless you are gonna whale out (a lot), you won't get there for 3 months time... that's assuming it comes in 3 months.
    I'd focus on BB8 first, and then see where u are.
    Might even be worth focussing on toons for CLS first (based on yr swgog.gg profile) then goin for BB8, then RJT.
    But... as always .. its what toons u prefer.
    My worry would be the next phase of Luke's journey... there'll be a new Luke somewhere al9ng the l8ne, and I guess CLS will be needed.
  • F2p then probably not.

But the point is this - behave like you are- farm hard. Best case scenario is you get her this time. Worst case scenario is that you will definitely get her next time.

If you decide, nah, can't do it, I won't get her then a. you won't get her this time and b. you'll be no further closer to getting her next time. So- a bad result.

The recent CLS suprise should have taught everyone that if they want a particular character (and don't want to pay) then they should farm constantly and without diversion. Forget cadence, or lack of it. Just farm, farm, farm so you're always ready for when opportunity comes knocking.

Best of luck. And you know what to do.

• Fizzik wrote: »
    Rumors are JTR will appear again in May/June, will I be able to complete the requirements by then?

FO Progress:
    Phasma 7*
    KRU 4* 32/65
    Kylo 5* 42/85
    FOO 5* 50/85
    FOTP 6* 29/100

Both vets are 3* 15/30. Will I be able to 7* everything here in time?

I both have cls and JTR. Don't be discouraged.
    you could do it. just start the vets. do as many cantina refreshes you can. while doing this you can farm kylo slowly on guild store 5 by 5. and fotp in fleet shipments in the same way. by the time you finish vets you will have
    good amount of both kylo and fotp shards. you can stop vets like 70/100 . and start farming missing toons. kru has good drop rate. I think its very doable.
  • You won't need to farm 7 dot mods anyway...
  • Emmant
    93 posts Member
    I would consider parking KRU and farm Stormtrooper with regular energy to free up cantina for vets (300/0.3*15 = ~60 days)

Like mentioned above vet farming is tedious as it is
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.

If it's important to you focus and put everything into being ready.
  • Fizzik
    114 posts Member
    I only want JTR for the hSTR, I have no desire to use her anywhere else.