Need a little help getting 7* R2

The team I am running is

Tarkin (L) gear 9 Abilities 7, 7, 6, 7, 6
Vader gear 10 Abilities 8,8,8,7,7
TFP gear 9 Abilities 8, 8, 7
Magmatrooper Gear 9 Abilites 8, 7, 7
Royal Guard Gear 9 Abilities 6, 6, 6 (yeah haha)

I was originally going to use snowtrooper and stormtrooper instead of Magma and RG, but due to the suddenness of the event I ran out of time to level and star them. I can get them down to about 2 characters, usually R2 and Chewie. I have seen guides that say to focus down R2, but everytime I have tried that I just get wiped and do next to no damage to R2. All of them have 5 star level 15 gold mods, and while they are not the greatest mods, they still are decent.

Essenitally, in the 4 days I have left, what can I change to do better? I would normally say that omegaing Tarkins or Magmas AOE would do the trick, but since they are immune to TM removal that won't work. I don't have zetas, and even if I did I don't think either of Vaders would work. TFP's unique only gives a higher evasion chance, which isn't that useful. The options I see are:

Omega Tarkins basic to give his AOE more damage.

Omega Tarkins Debuff so it has a shorter cooldown, so that maybe I can get it off twice.

Omega Tarkins Unique for the extra potency.

Try to get RG to gear 10 so he can soak up some more damage.

Try to get TFP to gear 10 so he can kill a few more before he dies.

I don't even want to think of getting Magma to gear 10 (so many stun cuffs....*shudders*)

Sacrifice a virgin to appease the CG gods into starting a Palp event tomorrow that will allow me to 7* my palp and make this event 10000x easier.

Which route should I go?

Replies

• As a disclaimer, I am usually not this penny pinching with my omegas, but I recently omeged all my phoenix squad uniques (because I expected thrawn or palp before R2/CLS), so i can only see myself getting 2 maybe 3 abilities omegaed before this event ends.
  • I’m going to assume you weren’t ready to 7 star Palpatine recently when his event came around?

Honestly he makes things so much easier so without him you’re going into battle losing a much needed toon. You will need potency on Vader and Tarkin, and tenacity on magmatrooper, but biggest thing you need is SPEED.
  • nobodyfromjakku
    240 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Focus on mods. Get your speed way, way up. Get crit damage up on your damage dealers, throw every ounce of protection you can on RG and make him fast (him getting speed down on R2 is critical), make sure TFP has enough potency to land his anti-buff so R2 can't smokescreen itself. Read this thread for benchmarks, it got me there:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/150457/daring-droid-r2d2-event-without-palpatine
  • Ive been trying to get better mods, but ibr had bad luck on speed secondaries (get a speed secondary, level it up to 15, doesnt increase the speed) i ecently got a speed arrow, but now enough cash to upgrade it yet.
  • I GOT HIM. I switched all my mods with speed on to TFP so he could land the buff immunity, and it eventually got through!
  • Congrats!!!
  • Ive been trying to get better mods, but ibr had bad luck on speed secondaries (get a speed secondary, level it up to 15, doesnt increase the speed) i ecently got a speed arrow, but now enough cash to upgrade it yet.

And to save you credits in the future, speed secondaries won't increase past level 12, just the primary. Go to 6 First to see if speed is one of the first two stats. If it is, go to 9, then 12 to see if it increases. No use spending a ton of money for a poor mod.
  • I didn't know that, thanks man I'll do that from now on!