I know the game's gotta make money but this has to change...

Prev1
The situation with carbantis, holo projectors and syringes has to change. These are gear pieces that we utilitize from gear 6-7 all the way up to gear 11.

Carbantis are used to the most common pieces like stun guns and detonators and on top of that they are needed outside of crafting.

For such an essential item the 1400 crystal price seems like exploitation. Those pieces should drop to 700, I can't justify spending 1400 for them.

Another possibility is to lower the parts needed to craft gear from 50 to 30. I mean we'd still have to get all the detonators and the gun salvages anyways, but it wouldn't halt a character at gear 7 or 8 because they require 1 or 2 fully crafted carbantis or syringes.

I think it's time we put an end to this gear freeze at low levels, I mean we now have to climb 11 levels to get to the max and the later stages are really slow. Also newer content like TB and the sith raid, even Haat needs at least gear 11 characters minimum.

This means that reahing gear 9-10 sooner won't really matter all that much as you'd still fall on the gold piece and the raid piece walls anyways.

It will however allow us to get a feel for the characters and help us plan ahead with our zetas. There's nothing worse having to choose between getting your BB8 to g11 or your imp troopers to gear 8 because they both need that carbanti...

Please take my words into consideration, we need some help tackling the lower levels and we need to move on. Gear 9-10 means nothing any more and not being able to even reach it is so frustrating!!!

Replies

• Agree 100%! The gear grind was fine when the game first came out, but the difference between GS12 and GS11 is considerable. Having 3/4ths of my team stuck at GS 8 and not being able to meaningfully contribute is ridiculous. It’s asinie to assume anyone is going to wait 2 years to catch up to veteran players and very naive to think we are paying outlandish crystal prices for bottleneck gear.
  • No, they should make more carbanti available for all but not nerf another Investment of p2p
  • No, they should make more carbanti available for all but not nerf another Investment of p2p

How's that?, I'm not sure I understand the point you're trying to make
  • The target audience of the devs have all the characters at G12 and no need for carbantis.

They don't cater for us minnows
  • I don´t think it´s that hard to collect the gear you mentioned. Sure it´ll take a while but if you invest in your fleet and crew member first like I did, you´ll get enough crystals to buy them once, maybe twice a week. Talking about the Stungun solely. Same with carbantis and such stuff. Prioritizing and management is all it takes.
  • @baze malbus; if you lower the costs of something you lower the value of past Investments... thats what i mean
  • Jhinozu wrote: »
    I don´t think it´s that hard to collect the gear you mentioned. Sure it´ll take a while but if you invest in your fleet and crew member first like I did, you´ll get enough crystals to buy them once, maybe twice a week. Talking about the Stungun solely. Same with carbantis and such stuff. Prioritizing and management is all it takes.

If you don't think carbantis are a problem then you're playing another game bro.
  • @baze malbus; if you lower the costs of something you lower the value of past Investments... thats what i mean

Well, some things get old, when gear 11 was the ceiling some things would be more valuable because they were closer to the top, now they are further from the top. If one day we got to g20 would you say it would be normal to get stuck at gear 8 for a week, that's like saying we'd get stuck at g4 for a week in our current gear givens
  • I totally agree that too many toons need too many carbantis. It must be the most important gear in all of the game. We only get a measly 40-50 giveaway a week from daily challenges. Either they should reduce its need, increase its supply or drastically reduce its crystal cost.
  • SithAmer wrote: »
    I totally agree that too many toons need too many carbantis. It must be the most important gear in all of the game. We only get a measly 40-50 giveaway a week from daily challenges. Either they should reduce its need, increase its supply or drastically reduce its crystal cost.

It's literally everywhere! Every new character needs a ton of them because all new characters have high health pools so they use them to craft stun guns...
  • Geshtianna
    240 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    No, they should make more carbanti available for all but not nerf another Investment of p2p

P2P was never about having something more, but getting them earlier and quicker, just like certain shards are cheaper now that they're farmable, but earlier they're 2k crystals for 5, then 320 for 4, and so on.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Are you related to @B0untryHR7 ? xD
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »

Ty I snorted milk out of my nose xD
    To the bashing at hand. This will happen. As soon as g13 comes out. They wont reduce it earlier simply because people still buy it. Supply and demand.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Carbontis, everyone needs carbontis.

Moving topic to feed back gear for better attention.
  • leef wrote: »

He's my dad! No fo real, who's that?
  • Kiritoismyname
    845 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    leef wrote: »

You beat me to it.

Btw, we miss you real @B0untryHR7
    Some guy is tryna imitate you lol
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    BazeMalbus wrote: »

Just some dude who mysteriously stopped posting complaints just before you started posting your complaints.
  • Huatimus wrote: »

Just some dude who mysteriously stopped posting complaints just before you started posting your complaints.

Lmao, looks like I got lots of ground to cover to catch up. Sounds almost like I have a higher chance to be the same person than to get a good from a mythic event
  • Cstone812
    266 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    They are making so much money off the **** that blow money on this game I seriously doubt they care about us complaining. It’s all about the money. I feel the same way though.

March 16. The day @B0untryHR7 was burned on the pyre by the CG inquisition. He died for blaspheming the king. But from his ashes, another rose to give voice to the outraged (exclusively F2P parts of the) community

All hail the lord of flame!
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »

March 16. The day @B0untryHR7 was burned on the pyre by the CG inquisition. He died for blaspheming the king. But from his ashes, another rose to give voice to the outraged (exclusively F2P parts of the) community

Lol! Should have checked the dates myself but he wasn't worth the effort. Time to put his second account on Ignore too.
  • BazeMalbus
    268 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    LaksonVell wrote: »

Lol! Should have checked the dates myself but he wasn't worth the effort. Time to put his second account on Ignore too.

Kitten you have it for granted uhh? Cause everything is so perfect that noone can complain legit except one person
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    aaaaaand he's been marked a spammer. Yet another voice of the peoples silenced !
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Rest in peace o great one. Your mindless rage banter has served me to dull many boring hours at work...
  • NgH
    59 posts Member
    There really should just be guaranteed drops in cantina and holotable; that would solve a lot of frustration, and it wouldn't necessarily mean a loss in revenue - whales are still going to spend a lot to get their characters geared up quickly and minnows and f2p will be more likely to spend when the gambling element is taken out.
    At least that's what I think.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    aaaaaand he's been marked a spammer. Yet another voice of the peoples silenced !

And he’ll just make a third account. :(
  • Again you have no idea what you're talking about

And he’ll just make a third account. :(

I find it interesting how you've been a member of this forum since December if 2016 and you only have a handful of posts and noone about the content of the game. Almost as if you're using some other account for that so that you don't spoil your "perfect" profile
  • I was wondering where BOuntryHR7 went to
  • Yeah ask him, maybe he's in the forums, shoot him a message