What is happening to notices of events?

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Because the real culprits are now 10 days silent.

Yep, there hasn't been much (if any) official communication since the Forum 'Communication' Q&A back on 3/17.

Irony can be so ironic sometimes.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • And in the time it's taken to post all these comments, read them, wipe away tears (if indeed any have been shed)... Many of us have farmed the vets and are that much closer to getting JTRey when she pops up again in a week or 6..
  • I'm not even sure what this thread is about anymore
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    I'm not even sure what this thread is about anymore

I think it's about Alanis Morissette.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

It's about 13 pages... ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    WOW lays everything out in their in game calendar for the entire month and beyond. There is no panic farming, you are either ready or you’re not. I really don’t use the CG calendar because I play the game every day like clock work at specific times.

The only surprise was the credit heist, training droid, credit heist cadence this last week. I have my strategy mapped out moving forward, and I refuse to deviate. JTR is my only missing legendary, but vHan and vChewie don’t fit in to plans so I will continue to not get her, but will be unlocking ROLO, IPD, Wampa and Hermit Yoda due to my farming viable TB toons.
  • TVF wrote: »

Dontcha think?
  • TVF wrote: »
    lol
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT1TVSTkAXg

• Just sayin'... if I stayed at work late on a [redacted] Friday - whether to do a good job, or just to keep my job (whatever the case might be) - I would play that up to it's fullest.

Who does that and then doesn't follow up on it? Man - that's a [redacted] waste of date night. I daresay they'd have been better not doing the Q&A at this point.

Prior - it was just CG being CG. Senor Diggs seemed to be the #RealCG just saying it the way it is - I didn't like it, but that was CG in a nutshell, lets be honest about the honesty.

After - well - we had a week of optimism, waiting for that Friday hooorah. But, not even a peep. Less then Prior. Anyone nearby the studio? Can you go over their and tap on the tank? Make sure the fish are still alive.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Unreliable communication is unreliable.
    Disappointing but not exactly a shocker.
  • @SoonerJBD
    Think about it like this:

Person A knows that if anyone does X, then something bad will happen.
    Person A does not tell you this.
    You choose to do X and something bad happens to you.
    Person A is not responsible for you choosing to do X, or for the bad thing happening to you as a result of your choice.
    Person A is only responsible for not telling you.
    Person A is indisputably not responsible for your choice.

Did they influence your choice? Maybe.
    Did they make the choice for you? No.
    Therefore you & only you are entirely & solely responsible for the choices which you make.

If you haven't learned the basic rules of responsibility & accountability yet, I'm afraid that there's nothing more I can do to help you here.

This is a bad analogy. In this case, Person A has direct control over what happens in this scenario and is not the passive observer who could possibly give you advice in this analogy. The Devs are not merely passive observers who know what might happen. They control release dates. They are in sole control over the communication of those dates and the requirements for achieving the events. They have a calendar for passing on information about special events.
  • SoonerJBD wrote: »
    This is a bad analogy. In this case, Person A has direct control over what happens in this scenario and is not the passive observer who could possibly give you advice in this analogy. The Devs are not merely passive observers who know what might happen. They control release dates. They are in sole control over the communication of those dates and the requirements for achieving the events. They have a calendar for passing on information about special events.
    Way to completely fail to see the obvious point being made.
    Add that Person A is the gatekeeper to the room where X is & the analogy is more precise, but no different in purpose.
    You still make your choice from an uninformed position.
    This is entirely on you.

I really am done with having to explain such basic things to you.
    Enjoy your game.
  • I would more get this outrage if this was time number 1 for a new Hero's journey(Jedi Luke/Raven/Jedi Rey) and had 6 hours to know what toons at 7 star are needed for the event. But this is the 3rd time for CLS. Everyone who visits the forum can go to the event folder and see everything needed. Know what the min gear requirements are too. Be 100% ready if that is what you want. You are also farming two squads good enough for arena to not be in the 1000s. So again, what is the problem?

If you want A, do B. If you want Y, do X. Don't do B then complain you didn't get Y. That is 100% in your control. If they gave a three month calender, then yes, that would help a lot on the forums. But the history shows they haven't done it, so don't expect it. Either do what you want for what you want or don't. There is no try.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    Add that Person A is the gatekeeper to the room where X is & the analogy is more precise, but no different in purpose.
    This is entirely on you.

Enjoy your game.

A much more appropriate comparison would be that person A is giving financial advice (people spend money on this game) in the form of an easy to read and update memo (the calendar) and they know that there's is a very important piece of information that is extremely relevant to your financial future, but they withhold it so that they can make more money. I'm no legal expert, but in that much more applicable analogy, Person A would almost certainly have some legal liability.

And holy cow dude you just cannot understand how terrible your analogies are, can you? I wonder if you really even understand our arguments to begin with. Pretty glad I set you to ignore, even if I still see your stupi dity from quotes.
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    I just want to refer this post of mine from the game update megathread.
    Spang wrote: »
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    [QUESTION: Ghostrider1982]
    Cadence of Legendary Events?....everyone was tracking a later date on BB/JTR based on previous ones and got a 2 day warning and were totally unprepared, why does this have to be so random and so last minute

[NR]: We absolutely want to clarify the cadence. After we post our communication strategy, we will systematically answer a number of questions that the community has. One of those topics will be the cadence of Legendary events.

How hard it would have been saying something like this: "...and as part of this clarification efforts, I would like to inform you that CLS will return in 3 days." Really... NR's hand would have been chopped off if he had informed us?

Yes, I could have been finished farming the Vets with a one week prior notice. 'Thanks' to the lack of notice, I bought the pack. However, I'm not complaining about this.

I'm complaining about the credibility of the devs. (Which is in line with the title of this topic.) If they quasi promise something (i.e. to clarify the event (not character!) cadence), then do exactly the opposite way, it's rather disturbing, and makes it hard to believe them. Which, in turn (at least for me), is a(nother) push to not spend any more.

This is called moving the goalposts. You responded to people complaining about a lack of communication and notice of the event by telling them they are to blame for not being able to obtain the legendary characters. If you acknowledge the Devs were in fact wrong for the very reasons cited by those complaining, why did you feel the need to respond in the first place, thereby rubbing their noses in their justified frustration?
    No. No I did not.
    What I (& many, many others with greater experience than your 4 months) responded saying was that "If people are prepared then notice doesn't matter anymore."
    Also that "If they are not prepared & have been playing long enough to be prepared, then no-one else is to blame for their choices."
    I have been saying this consistently, no goal posts have been moved in the slightest, at least not from my side, anyway.
    You failing to grasp the position, is not me changing the position.

Their frustration at the devs for the lack of notice is justified. I never claimed that it was not.
    Their frustration at the devs for them not getting the Legendaries, if they failed to prepare in time, is not.
    This is the very definition of unjustified & this is why I picked up on it.

I can see that you're very obviously frustrated at not getting the characters, after just 4 months of play.
    I'm simply proving to you why your frustration is misdirected.

I got both characters. I’m not frustrated for myself. I’ve said this several times, which just shows you aren’t paying attention to this conversation, what anyone else is saying or even what you are saying. I am empathetic towards those who will not get the characters at least partly because of the lack of communication from the Devs.

Your position has constantly changed. You change it from one comment to the next and even within the same comment. Or perhaps you just don’t understand the logical contradictions in what you have repeatedly said. “Their frustration at the Devs for the lack of notice is justified.” ... “Their frustration at the Devs for them not getting the Legendaries if they failed to prepare in time is not.” These two comments contradict one another. The lack of notice is directly related to the lack of preparedness to get the characters for some players. Had there been more notice, some players could have been prepared. That’s the point. That is why they are frustrated by the lack of notice. How can you possibly say people are justified in their frustration over the lack of notice and then in the next sentence pretend that the lack of notice plays no role whatsoever in getting the characters? Why else would frustration over lack of notice be justified? What is the point of advance notice if not to help you prepare?

Seriously, your statements logically contradict one another in the same post, let alone the constant changing of your position from post to post. "If they are not prepared & have been playing long enough to be prepared, then no-one else is to blame for their choices.” This is what I meant about your assumption that blame is an all-or-nothing proposition. If lack of notice is even part of the reason someone is not prepared, and you have seemingly acknowledged that it could be, then by definition the Devs are partially to blame for these people not getting the characters.

I’m not absolving people of their own responsibility for their choices. I’m saying the poor behavior by the Devs is also playing a role in some people not getting these characters, and those people have a right to be frustrated because of it. Further, I think it’s poor form to respond to people who are justifiably frustrated about the lack of notice and it’s impact on their ability to get these characters with “it’s your own fault, you have no one to blame but yourself.” It smacks of rubbing people’s noses in their failure, and it is dismissive of the impact the poor communication and lack of notice on events is having on players’ ability to set priorities and accomplish things in the game.
    This is entirely on you.

Enjoy your game.
    @Well_I_Never
    You make your choice from an uninformed position because the gatekeeper negligently fails to inform you. Can you grasp the idea of deception by omission?

And for the last time, I got the characters. You want to pretend that anyone who disagrees with you is just mad they didn’t get what they wanted. Or you don’t read before you comment. The difference between us is that where you have contempt for anyone who doesn’t have what you have, I have empathy.

You are now pulling the “take my ball and go home” approach because your argument has completely fallen apart under the least bit of scrutiny. You don’t want to argue? Fine. Then stop patronizing everyone and acting like you have all the answers.
  • Well_I_Never
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    This really is my last post to you, simply because you're now just spouting nonsense.
    I got both characters. I’m not frustrated for myself. I’ve said this several times, which just shows you aren’t paying attention to this conversation
    I saw you claim that & responded to it when you did. Subsequent statements from you have taken me to the position where I do not believe your claim.
    The burden of proof is entirely on you.
    Your position has constantly changed. You change it from one comment to the next and even within the same comment.
    Proof, or it didn't happen.
    You produced this lie before. I asked you to provide one single example. You failed to do so.
    I’m not absolving people of their own responsibility for their choices.
    Yes, yes you quite categorically have been.
    You do this every single time you have claimed that someone else is responsible for them.
    You have done this numerous times.
    It smacks of rubbing people’s noses in their failure, and it is dismissive of the impact the poor communication and lack of notice on events is having on players’ ability to set priorities and accomplish things in the game.
    Once more: They are responsible for their own choices as to what they choose to set as priorities.
    Other people who set the correct priority for this Eventdo not have any issue.
    They are each responsible for their own position.
  • SoonerJBD
    460 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    This really is my last post to you, simply because you're now just spouting nonsense.
    I got both characters. I’m not frustrated for myself. I’ve said this several times, which just shows you aren’t paying attention to this conversation
    I saw you claim that & responded to it when you did. Subsequent statements from you have taken me to the position where I do not believe your claim.
    Your position has constantly changed. You change it from one comment to the next and even within the same comment.
    Proof, or it didn't happen.
    You produced this lie before. I asked you to provide one single example. You failed to do so.
    I’m not absolving people of their own responsibility for their choices.
    Yes, yes you quite categorically have been.
    You do this every single time you have claimed that someone else is responsible for them.
    You have done this numerous times.

Call me a liar again: https://swgoh.gg/u/bryanmdean/collection/

I gave you proof of your changing position in the form of YOUR OWN WORDS. If people are justified in their frustration for the lack of notice and that lack of notice possibly prevented them from getting the characters (which you have said is true), then your following statement that people are not justified in being frustrated at the Devs for their lack of getting the characters is logically false. The frustration about the lack of notice only exists insofar as it prevented them from getting the characters. As I said, it is possible that your position isn’t changing, it’s just that you can’t understand the logical contradictions in what you are saying. Either way, your argument doesn’t hold up to scrutiny.

I have NEVER once said that someone else is responsible for the decisions people make. I have said that the Devs aren’t giving people the information they need to make decisions, and that’s on the Devs, not the players. You are faulting people for making uninformed decisions and ignoring the fact that those decisions are only uninformed because the people who can give them the information are failing to do so. At least you are ignoring that fact when you make the statement about players making uninformed decisions. Then you acknowledge in the next comment that it is right for people to be frustrated by that exact same lack of information. This is what I mean by your position changing. You make logically incongruous statements. First you say the Devs are wrong for not giving notice, then you say people have no one to blame for not getting the characters except themselves, then you acknowledge that the lack of notice from the Devs might affect someone’s ability to get the characters, then you say again that people are wrong to blame the Devs for their inability to get the characters. That is either you changing your position or being stunningly blind about the incongruity of your own words.

Then you play the “take your ball and go home” card. Your arguments fall apart, and rather than acknowledge that you might have gone too far or said something mistakenly, you pretend you are going to leave the conversation of your own accord so you can save face. It’s transparent.
  • Well_I_Never
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Your first claim is proven & I now believe it again. Good for you.

Your second one, the only one I actually called a lie, is still a lie.
    Then you play the “take your ball and go home” card. Your arguments fall apart, and rather than acknowledge that you might have gone too far or said something mistakenly, you pretend you are going to leave the conversation of your own accord so you can save face. It’s transparent.
    Ha ha, you're really out there, it's hilarious.
    Not one single point that I have put forward has "fallen apart", unlike the whole basis of your argument.
    The reason I'm not prepared to continue a discussion with you, is easily found in a George Carlin quote about arguing with a certain type of person.
  • I think people are at the point now where they just typing a reply to reply. Just like me now

Proof has been presented above in the form of your own words. Your refusal to acknowledge proof does not mean proof does not exist. I’ve clearly demonstrated the contradictory nature of your statements. You’ve failed to reconcile those contradictions.
  • Well_I_Never
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2018

Proof has been presented above in the form of your own words. Your refusal to acknowledge proof does not mean proof does not exist. I’ve clearly demonstrated the contradictory nature of your statements. You’ve failed to reconcile those contradictions.
    Your claims of "proof" are nothing of the sort & have been comprehensively debunked & shown to be either a lack of basic comprehension, or simply ignorance.
    As has the basis for your whole argument, by numerous other posters, including a moderator.

Welcome to the ignore list. Population: You.
  • Now let's just hug it out

Your claims of "proof" are nothing of the sort & have been comprehensively debunked & shown to be either a lack of basic comprehension, or simply ignorance.
    As has the basis for your whole argument.

Ragequitting the discussion really helps your argument and doesn’t at all look like you being mad because you were proven wrong. Bye, Felicia.
  • Well_I_Never
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    People just need to grow up & face responsibility for their own actions & choices, instead of crying to the internet about how the mean devs did it to them.

That's the problem with Generation Entitled, to busy trying to blame the world for their problems rather than facing their responsibility and dealing with, or even preventing their problems.

"I want!" Don't get? "Wah, it's not fair!"
    Everyone else: Don't worry, you can get it next time. Here's some information to help you achieve that.
    "But I want it now!!!"
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    I think people are at the point now where they just typing a reply to reply. Just like me now

I'm replying to this post. It's just as useful as the other replies in this thread.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Someone put the kettle on.. it's gotta be time for tea!!

As has the basis for your whole argument.

Ragequitting the discussion really helps your argument and doesn’t at all look like you being mad because you were proven wrong. Bye, Felicia.

This. Just to rub it in.
  • Well_I_Never
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Dark_Light wrote: »
    This. Just to rub it in.
    In order to be rubbed in, it would need to exist first.
    I'm not at all angry, I have nothing to be angry over, just tired of having to explain extremely basic things to people who are incapable of understanding them &, as such, do not wish to continue as it is a waste of time to argue with people of a certain type, they'll only drag you down to their level, eventually.
This discussion has been closed.