Vader or Tarkin lead for tier 7?

My Palpatine is only 5*, so I will have to use either Vader or Tarkin as leader for tiers 6 and 7 of the event, but I'm not sure which would be better. I tried researching but could not find any definite answer.

Thank you.

Replies

• I used Tarkin. But the rest of my team was pretty solid. +30 speed arrows on all of them, they went pretty fast.
  • Tarkin. The Rebels are immune to Vader's TMR for this stage.
  • Tarkin. The Rebels are immune to Vader's TMR for this stage.

Ok, that's what I've heard. I just wanted to make sure before I invest.
  • Fjreisat
    57 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I should have also pointed out that i'm only level 79, and thus wont' be able to totally max out either Tarkin or Vader's leader ability. Is Tarkin still the better choice? I'm starting to wonder if I even have a chance at beating this event even if I get all characters to 7* G9/G10 just because I'm not level 85 and don't really have any zetas/omegas.
  • Mine had leader ability at 7, so no zeta. How high is yours?
  • Mine had leader ability at 7, so no zeta. How high is yours? And do you have good mods?
  • Fjreisat
    57 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    FolsomTony wrote: »
    Mine had leader ability at 7, so no zeta. How high is yours?

That gives me hope. I can get it to 7 no problem. I just don't have zeta/omegas.

I have decent mods on Vader, Tarkin, and TFP, since I use them in arenas. My Snowtrooper and Stormtrooper though not so much. I was planning on just swapping my arena mods onto them as needed.

Here's my swgoh.gg profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/fjreisat/collection/

Just ignore snowtrooper and stormtrooper -- I still have to gear and level up their abilities. Just haven't done it yet.
  • Fjreisat
    57 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    So far I'm struggling with tier 7. I have all members of my team at gear 9, but it doesn't seem to be enough. On my best attempt I think I was able to kill 3 or 4 of the enemies.

I can't upgrade to gear 10 until level 80 (about to be 79 now), and I've already put the best mods I have on these characters, so I'm not sure what else to do to increase my chances of success.

If you guys had to pick one ability to Omega on my team, what would it be? Team is Tarkin/Vader/TFP/Snowtrooper/Stormtrooper. I'm thinkin' either Stormtrooper's basic or Tarkin's basic. I would link you to a profile of that specific squad, but I'm not sure how to do that, so here's a link to my overall profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/fjreisat/collection/

• I noticed that your Snowtrooper has no mods, unless you moved them and your profile hasn't updated yet. You can manually update it. If your profile is updated, you have better mods on your rebels that I would move.

As far as omegas, I always update the ones in order that I use them in the game. I use Tarkin a lot more than Stormtrooper, but I use him as a leader for my empire team.
  • FolsomTony wrote: »
    I noticed that your Snowtrooper has no mods, unless you moved them and your profile hasn't updated yet. You can manually update it. If your profile is updated, you have better mods on your rebels that I would move.

As far as omegas, I always update the ones in order that I use them in the game. I use Tarkin a lot more than Stormtrooper, but I use him as a leader for my empire team.

Yeah it wasn't updated. I just manully updated (I think).
  • Fjreisat
    57 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I just don't think this can be done without Palpatine...what a bummer. On my best attempt R2/Old Ben/Chewie are all still standing strong.
  • So I just beat it at level 79 without EP. It was a royal pain, and you need good mods. TFP needs to be as fast as possible and have crit damage - I got him to 225 speed and used a 5 dot triangle with crit damage as primary. He needs to throw his anti-buff on R2 so R2 can't smokescreen itself. Tarkin and Vader also need to be fast, and crit chance/crit damage helps Vader. I used RG and Stormtrooper and threw as much protection as I could on them so they survived until R2 was dead, then I took out the rest. You're using Snowtrooper though, who will also probably need speed and crit damage.

At level 79 with no Omegas, it's possible. But it's not easy. You need to be fast, and you need to luck into great RNG.
  • Fjreisat
    57 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    So I just beat it at level 79 without EP. It was a royal pain, and you need good mods. TFP needs to be as fast as possible and have crit damage - I got him to 225 speed and used a 5 dot triangle with crit damage as primary. He needs to throw his anti-buff on R2 so R2 can't smokescreen itself. Tarkin and Vader also need to be fast, and crit chance/crit damage helps Vader. I used RG and Stormtrooper and threw as much protection as I could on them so they survived until R2 was dead, then I took out the rest. You're using Snowtrooper though, who will also probably need speed and crit damage.

At level 79 with no Omegas, it's possible. But it's not easy. You need to be fast, and you need to luck into great RNG.

Hmm, I've just about given up but your post is making me want to keep trying.

I Omega'd Tarkin's basic last night. I thought it would have a more dramatic effect on his survivability since it's supposed to add 50% potency (50% defense) per basic, but it doesn't seem to be working properly or something. I don't notice any difference in his survivability and the AoE damage is not that high. I also upgraded my Stormtrooper to gear 10. Unfortunately he is the only one I could upgrade to gear 10 until level 80.

This helped a bit, but still no success. On my best attempt, I still had R2/Old Ben/Chewie still standing, though they're a little more damaged than before. I don't know if I can swap around my mods any better. I have my TFP at 216 speed, with everyone else around 170-180.

So you killed R2 first? What was your kill order? That seems different than what is recommended usually.
  • E2Rd
    3 posts Member
    Fjreisat wrote: »
    So I just beat it at level 79 without EP. It was a royal pain, and you need good mods. TFP needs to be as fast as possible and have crit damage - I got him to 225 speed and used a 5 dot triangle with crit damage as primary. He needs to throw his anti-buff on R2 so R2 can't smokescreen itself. Tarkin and Vader also need to be fast, and crit chance/crit damage helps Vader. I used RG and Stormtrooper and threw as much protection as I could on them so they survived until R2 was dead, then I took out the rest. You're using Snowtrooper though, who will also probably need speed and crit damage.

I Omega'd Tarkin's basic last night. I thought it would have a more dramatic effect on his survivability since it's supposed to add 50% potency (50% defense) per basic, but it doesn't seem to be working properly or something. I don't notice any difference in his survivability and the AoE damage is not that high. I also upgraded my Stormtrooper to gear 10. Unfortunately he is the only one I could upgrade to gear 10 until level 80.

This helped a bit, but still no success. On my best attempt, I still had R2/Old Ben/Chewie still standing, though they're a little more damaged than before. I don't know if I can swap around my mods any better. I have my TFP at 216 speed, with everyone else around 170-180.

So you killed R2 first? What was your kill order? That seems different than what is recommended usually.

• E2Rd
    3 posts Member
    E2Rd wrote: »

Put omegas for 2 specials (Tarkin).and you will see the difference.I have made it after only 4 attempts.focus on R2.rest just AoE.
  • Fjreisat wrote: »

Yes, I killed R2 first. Once the Burning stops, it's a lot easier for your toons to survive. Plus R2 keeps giving himself turn meter with smokescreen. Once he's down, you can pick off the rest.

My understanding of Potency is that it increases the ability for your toon to land a debuff. In Tarkin's case, more Potency also results in more damage. I don't think it would affect his survivability.

I stopped Cantina farming and farmed nothing but Potency mods for a few days. I got a 30 speed arrow and a few good secondaries. It made a huge difference.
  • Fjreisat
    57 posts Member
    edited March 2018

Yes, I killed R2 first. Once the Burning stops, it's a lot easier for your toons to survive. Plus R2 keeps giving himself turn meter with smokescreen. Once he's down, you can pick off the rest.

My understanding of Potency is that it increases the ability for your toon to land a debuff. In Tarkin's case, more Potency also results in more damage. I don't think it would affect his survivability.

I stopped Cantina farming and farmed nothing but Potency mods for a few days. I got a 30 speed arrow and a few good secondaries. It made a huge difference.

I see. I will try focusing R2 first and see if I have any better luck.

As for Tarkin, his ability Callous Conviction says that Tarkin gains defense equal to his potency percentage. So I thought his basic omega would increase his defense 50%, since it increases potency 50% every time you use it....Butttt it turns out it's basically useless. Now I wish I omega'd Vader's choke for speed down, or Stormtrooper's basic for expose.

Your strategy is sound. I just tried it and had my best attempt yet. Only one character standing in the end. Maybe, just maybe I can do this...
  • I beat it. It was all because of nobodyfromjakku. Thank you sir.
  • Glad you made it.
  • Congratulations. Very well written thread, kept me reading from start to finish. Glad you did it. I felt happy and relieved myself in the end.
    You should write to Disney to hire you as one of their comic producers.
    Also defense has a soft cap in this game too, as any other. As nobody really builds defense it's not known, but it's safe to say that after you hit 500 defense every 50 extra points will only improve it by 1%, if that. So your basic didn't feel all that good. It's meant to make your ultimate firepowa hurt.
    I beat it. It was all because of nobodyfromjakku. Thank you sir.

So glad to hear it! Congrats!
  • LaksonVell wrote: »
    Congratulations. Very well written thread, kept me reading from start to finish. Glad you did it. I felt happy and relieved myself in the end.
    You should write to Disney to hire you as one of their comic producers.
    Also defense has a soft cap in this game too, as any other. As nobody really builds defense it's not known, but it's safe to say that after you hit 500 defense every 50 extra points will only improve it by 1%, if that. So your basic didn't feel all that good. It's meant to make your ultimate firepowa hurt.

I see. Thank you for the post.