Best team to carry you through the game?

Replies

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I'm not sure where you are gathering that their ships are crummy, but I'll agree they aren't the fastest or best on defense (which is why it is important to gear up the pilots, right?).

I wouldn't run their ships under Thrawn or Tarkin, and I wouldn't run any other capital ship than those two.

And I'm not taking any of the meta (Biggs Reaper TIE FOTIE AdvTIE) out of my lineup for either of them, let alone both.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I'm not sure where you are gathering that their ships are crummy, but I'll agree they aren't the fastest or best on defense (which is why it is important to gear up the pilots, right?).

I wouldn't run their ships under Thrawn or Tarkin, and I wouldn't run any other capital ship than those two.

And I'm not taking any of the meta (Biggs Reaper TIE FOTIE AdvTIE) out of my lineup for either of them, let alone both.

You might if you weren't end game. Tie Advanced is a long farm, and Reaper farm is measured on geological time scales. You'll still need them 7* to even GET Chimera, so they shouldn't be completely forgotten.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I'm not saying to forget them, I'm farming them now because I want the Chim. I'm just saying it's quite reasonable to suggest not taking the toons past G8.
    I'm not saying to forget them, I'm farming them now because I want the Chim. I'm just saying it's quite reasonable to suggest not taking the toons past G8.

For fleet maybe. I've heard that getting Thrawn 7* with G8 isn't going to cut it though.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I've heard the opposite, that G8 with all omegas and good mods is enough.
    I've heard the opposite, that G8 with all omegas and good mods is enough.

I hope you're right - since that's where I am (but with G9 on Ezra).
  • I unlocked chimaera with they all G8 but ezra G10-11 and hera G9 lvl 80 full omegas if i can remember...
    Wedge biggs G10-11 (85 max skills), cass/K2/Jyn G8 (80 omegas) and bistan/SRP G7/G6 crap mods xD

Trawn event is reaaaaaaly hard, but chimaera is not that hard while u have G8 toons with maxed lvl ships...
    Since mods speed doesnt matter (just 4-5 dot mods lvl 15) u wont lack speed that much like against trawn xD
  • A reminder that any discussion about starting up - getting through the game - needs to involved time to get a scoundrel team for the Credit Heist. As way above (last page) thats why you see the STH and Lando recommendations.

Even at "End game" (whatever that means....) I still rely on the heist to let me buy good mods.... which'll get replaced soon, I'm sure, but 6 or 7* mods. LOL
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    A reminder that any discussion about starting up - getting through the game - needs to involved time to get a scoundrel team for the Credit Heist. As way above (last page) thats why you see the STH and Lando recommendations.

Even at "End game" (whatever that means....) I still rely on the heist to let me buy good mods.... which'll get replaced soon, I'm sure, but 6 or 7* mods. LOL

this. credit heist is most important for newbs imo
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I got through the Credit Heist progression (including consistent clear of the final stage, pre-sim) using Boba, Greedo, Dengar, Cad, and Clone Chewie. But only because I didn't know any better.

And with that said, while Lando is much better for the credit heist, thanks to TB, you now need a good BH team too, so...I figure that's a bit of a draw.
  • Yeah, good luck to you getting Thrawn at 7* with a G8 Phoenix squad. It is possible, but luck you will need (and copious amounts at that). I had to put my best mods on them to get 7* Thrawn, which I have since moved off them. I have not upgraded these toons since I got 7* Thrawn:

unknown.png

How many fleets do you run in TW? Just Tarkin and Thrawn's capital ships? You bringing any reinforcements to the battle?

Yes, you definitely need a good scoundrel/BH team for the Credit Heist. Depending on your guild, you can hopefully use raid Han Solo for one of them. I know some of the lower levels in my guild are able to do so already, and my guild is only 47mil GP.
  • Also, I call Thrawn's ship the Chimichanga. Just easier to spell and like his ship, they are dangerously delicious.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Yeah, good luck to you getting Thrawn at 7* with a G8 Phoenix squad. It is possible, but luck you will need (and copious amounts at that). I had to put my best mods on them to get 7* Thrawn, which I have since moved off them. I have not upgraded these toons since I got 7* Thrawn:

I don't know what to tell you, I've seen plenty of people here say G8 should be enough with good mods.
    How many fleets do you run in TW? Just Tarkin and Thrawn's capital ships? You bringing any reinforcements to the battle?

I run three since I don't have Thrawn's ship yet. The Phoenix ships get thrown into the trash with the rest of my Mace fleet. Sure, I could upgrade them and improve that terrible fleet to slightly less terrible, and maybe I will at some point, but I have many other higher priorities.
  • I hope, with all sincerity, that you do manage to get him at 7* with G8 and good mods. I will be happy for you. I'll also be surprised. I haven't heard anyone say anything that makes the Thrawn event sound as easy as that does. It wasn't for me, that is for sure. I was worried I wasn't gonna make it, and you see my squad above (minus the mods I have since moved).

I think you are devaluing the ships, but if you have better ones why wouldn't you? I get that. I'm farming ships like a madman right now, which we all know is no fun.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Just posted in another thread.
    Money wrote: »
    Easily, Gear 8 is enough to get 7* Thrawn, just use arena mods for event and done. No need to really gear Phoenix teams higher than that as well since they are expensive to gear and not a top tier team to have.
  • I'm not here to argue with you, buddy. I just don't want you, or anyone else, to think it is going to be super easy with a G8 squad. It is a really, really hard event and I don't want you, or anyone else, missing out due to thinking otherwise. If I were you, and I was dead set on G8, then I would have some gear ready to drop if need be.

And I don't know who a lot of the comments are from that are saying G8 is good enough. They may know what they are talking about; they may not. What I do know is how hard it was for me, and others in my guild, to beat the Thrawn event at 7*.
  • To get trawn i used hera G9, ezra G10, chopper/kanan/zeb G8...
    Average like +80 speed from mods and it took me like 50 trys to get good RNG and be able to 7 star him lol
    Really hard event...

Then i geared PX a bit more for this event against sith where u could use either PX or NS... Hera G10, ezra G11, rest still at 8

PX have good ships, but nothing incredible... And a mid game player priority isnt 4 full fleets for TW

Thats why i said dont gear them um more by the moment once u 7* trawn leave them in the dust and gear them up end game when u need them for raids xD
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I'm not here to argue with you, buddy. I just don't want you, or anyone else, to think it is going to be super easy with a G8 squad. It is a really, really hard event and I don't want you, or anyone else, missing out due to thinking otherwise. If I were you, and I was dead set on G8, then I would have some gear ready to drop if need be.

And I don't know who a lot of the comments are from that are saying G8 is good enough. They may know what they are talking about; they may not. What I do know is how hard it was for me, and others in my guild, to beat the Thrawn event at 7*.

Well, I suppose I could start hoarding just in case. Although to get everyone (Chopper, not Sabine) to G9 from my current G8...

150 furnace
    300 syringe
    120 shower drain
    100 droid call
    400 carb
    100 stun cuff
    300 stun gun

Woof.
  • Agreed, a mid-game player doesn't need 4 full fleets.

Thank you for posting that you did it with Chopper and it took 50 some tries... I was waiting for someone to tell me had I used him instead of Sabine it would have been a cake walk.

I remember auto-ing the hell out of that thing hoping for good RNG. 50 tries sounds about right to me; maybe it is the magic RNG number, LOL.

So if the ships are so powerful (power rating wise) why don't they perform well for you? I run them in my fleet squad but I've been between ranks 30 and 50 for what seems like forever. They seem to do well for me but I'll be the first to admit that I don't pay ships half the attention I do other areas of the game.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    So if the ships are so powerful (power rating wise) why don't they perform well for you? I run them in my fleet squad but I've been between ranks 30 and 50 for what seems like forever. They seem to do well for me but I'll be the first to admit that I don't pay ships half the attention I do other areas of the game.

The Phoenix ships have misleading power numbers because they have three pilots each.
  • I used to find really anoying when both PX ship are in the starting lineup and then scimitar came as reinforcement and stealth everyone but spirit xD

It meant a hit to spirit, then phantom taunt with foresigh just all the time xD and under AA leader the protection regain is insane... But thats all other than that they are so easy, slow, no reliable TL... Just 2 ships with an absurd amount of Galactic Points to put in reinforcements and make ur fleet seems more "scary" cuz high GP xD

But if u are in 30-50 range just investing a bit in fleet u could easily reach top +20 daily to get 100-200 extra crystals... Just saying xD
  • That is a lot of gear you need there... I hear you on that front and I can understand why you don't want to invest more than you absolutely need to. That's why I go one toon at a time. I need to break it up or it is overwhelming to make progress.

I just don't want the OP to think they are useless after mid-game. They aren't useless even though you won't use them in Squad Arena.

A full G12 Phoenix can solo Phase 4 of HAAT. If you aren't in position to build one of the AA squads, it isn't a terrible way to go.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Sarcodino wrote: »
    Just 2 ships with an absurd amount of Galactic Points to put in reinforcements and make ur fleet seems more "scary" cuz high GP xD

This is true but it doesn't last long. People figure it out.
  • McMole has posted a video showing how to use Phoenix in the Sith raid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLFZMrLUqZA&feature=youtu.be

• My Phoenix are all gear 8 except chopper is 11. I don't really want to invest more gear. Do you think a zeta could get me 7* thrawn if so which zeta.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Two things

1. Phoenix for thrawn
    It took me gear ix to do it with next to no omegas and a lot of rng. Gear 8 with omegas should be comparable to that. Lot of rng good luck and do go insane.

2. Phoenix in fleet are like phoenix in arena, early game it's viable because your best pilots are your best ships so as a ftp or low spender use them until other ships and characters start overtaking them. They were in my fleet team until about a week ago and I took rank 1 in fleet nearly every day.
  • ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    My Phoenix are all gear 8 except chopper is 11. I don't really want to invest more gear. Do you think a zeta could get me 7* thrawn if so which zeta.

No, you don't need any zeta abilities on them to do it. I would not zeta any of them unless you are bringing that specific toon to G12 or you are bringing the entire squad to G12 for a mega-Phoenix Squad.
  • I just can't get it with them. I tried threw the last two times he came around. Not willing to use stun guns on them. There worth more than a zeta is to me.
  • ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    I just can't get it with them. I tried threw the last two times he came around. Not willing to use stun guns on them. There worth more than a zeta is to me.

Have you maxed out their non-zeta abilities? You may be ok based on what others are saying.

But a stun gun is more valuable than a zeta? As in 20 zeta mats?