Best team to carry you through the game?

Replies

• I have 12 characters that I can't bump up there gear level because of guns. That's all I've been farming for weeks and still need 12 more.
  • ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    I just can't get it with them. I tried threw the last two times he came around. Not willing to use stun guns on them. There worth more than a zeta is to me.

The other option is modding their speeds. The farther you get in the game, the more good mods you collect. According to a post in the Thrawn section, if you can get Hera, Zeb, and Ezra all to 200 speed, the event is easier. And if you can get their speeds to 220, it should be simple to complete.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    But a stun gun is more valuable than a zeta? As in 20 zeta mats?

I can buy almost 1 mat a day with my 1800 fleet currency a day, plus 2-4 every other week from TW.

I wouldn't say a stun gun is more valuable, but depending on the frequency the salvage shows up in the shops (and my current status on GEC), it can definitely be harder to put together.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I put my arena mods on last time. Still couldn't get him. All were over 200. Top ones were probably around 240. Watched vids. They just don't do any damage. Thrawn slowly picks one off after another.
  • TVF wrote: »

I can buy almost 1 mat a day with my 1800 fleet currency a day, plus 2-4 every other week from TW.

I wouldn't say a stun gun is more valuable, but depending on the frequency the salvage shows up in the shops (and my current status on GEC), it can definitely be harder to put together.

Yeah, but you can buy salvage in crystals for pretty cheap and farm them in a 10 energy node. You can only get zeta's in rewards for TW, achievements, events, fleet store or ships challenge, right? So if I want to, I can stock up on Mk5 salvage at any point. I cannot stock up on zeta mats really ever.

Yeah, but you can buy salvage in crystals for pretty cheap and farm them in a 10 energy node. You can only get zeta's in rewards for TW, achievements, events, fleet store or ships challenge, right? So if I want to, I can stock up on Mk5 salvage at any point. I cannot stock up on zeta mats really ever.

I don't run much for light side characters. I just enjoy dark side characters more. The new light side characters eat up zetas like crazy. So I don't feel the zeta crunch as much.
    I put my arena mods on last time. Still couldn't get him. All were over 200. Top ones were probably around 240. Watched vids. They just don't do any damage. Thrawn slowly picks one off after another.

Has to be either gear or abilities then. Do you have all their abilities either at level 7 or 8? Are their uniques omega-d? If so, have you tried putting omegas on Zeb’s and Ezra’s basics?
  • Kannan and Sabine don't have omegas yet everyone else has Max abilities except zetas. My problem is zebgwt picked on.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Which 5 are you using? Kanan’s unique is essential to omega since it increases counters (more damage) and increases healing when debuffed. Kanan + Chopper + Zeb uniques give you the best combination of survivability: health and protection regen at the beginning of each turn, plus protection regen whenever hit and health regen whenever debuffed.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Once again, at 1800 fleet currency a day, I can absolutely stock up.
  • At 1800 fleet currency per day you would be getting a zeta on day 2, day 3, day 4 and two on day 5 for a total of 5 zeta mats over 5 days. That certainly speeds up the process, but it isn't "stocking up" in comparison to gear items.

For me I get 1300 fleet currency per day. It takes me 9 days to equal your 5 zetas that you got in 5 days.

I'm gonna guess that most people aren't higher than rank 21 in fleet arena. Most people aren't in the top 50 like I am.

So no, zeta mats are not something that I can stock up on easily, nor can most of the players on the game.

That seems to be a different story for those at the top of their fleet shards though, which is awesome as I am pretty focused on ships right now.
  • Phoenix!
    End of discussion.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    End of discussion.

That's not how discussions work.
  • TVF, you will be able to stock up on Zeta mats more now :P
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Lol I just came here to post that.
  • Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    Which 5 are you using? Kanan’s unique is essential to omega since it increases counters (more damage) and increases healing when debuffed. Kanan + Chopper + Zeb uniques give you the best combination of survivability: health and protection regen at the beginning of each turn, plus protection regen whenever hit and health regen whenever debuffed.

I leave Sabine out. Until I get frustrated then I just pick what I feel like. I think I need to level up zeb so he doesn't get killed so fast once he's gone it's a death spiral.
  • K33p3r_ofthe_C00L
    149 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    TVF wrote: »
    That's not how discussions work.

I just wanted to be more dramatic. LOL
    Sorry.
  • I want a decent team that can carry me through the (early-mid) game and help me get legendary characters.

One word: Phoenix.

Early to mid-game, phoenix dominate arena
    Phoenix will clear your galactic war every day
    Phoenix will get you two legendary characters (you need phoenix for thrawn and they'll get you Emperor Palpatine). These two will then have you 40% of the way towards R2D2, who is in turn needed for Commander Luke Skywalker.
    Phoenix will give you 2/5 toons to get a 4th legendary character, Yoda.
    Phoenix are needed for the Light Side Territory Battle when you hit level 65.

There's no other single squad with such across-game utility. They're not the strongest squad out there and you'll need to move on from them fairly soon but there's no better alternative in the early game.

They won't directly get you any closer to GK, but nor will jedi or clones.

^^^THIS^^^

I know Phoenix gets hated on a lot because they're not super viable in the upper tiers of arena but they'll prove useful time and time again. They're not the perfect squad, but they'll get you where you need to go (and they'll get you Thrawn).

Lots of people will tell you that Phoenix isn't good for EP, but I beat the top tier of that event on the first try with my Phoenix squad (all G8 except Ezra and Chopper who were G9) with pretty good 4dot and 5dot mods.

I digress, Phoenix is incredibly useful and don't let anyone tell you differently.
    Darth Victus, the Unbreakable

https://swgoh.gg/u/darthvictus/
    Kai_Mulai wrote: »

I leave Sabine out. Until I get frustrated then I just pick what I feel like. I think I need to level up zeb so he doesn't get killed so fast once he's gone it's a death spiral.

If Zeb is lower level than the rest, I agree. His daze and stun are the key to defeating Thrawn and friends, so you absolutely need him at his best.
  • Here is a Phoenix Squad that someone ran last night in HSith Raid:

image.png

Not too shabby. I know they had a zeta on Sabine and Kanan but I don't know anything else about the squad.

TVF, no zeta mats for me in the challenge today... :(
  • Hey, @TVF I still only have 8 zeta mats since this discussion of ours. In the meantime, I have collected over 100 stun gun salvages...
  • Ugnaught, cup, Jedi Knight guardian, chewie and lobot. Thank me later! Or not
  • @KvotheQGBQG2 @Kai_Mulai @LordVictus
    Thanks for the help. This goes to everyone who answered so far.

I'd have another quick question regarding light side battles: how far can I go with a 2 star Phoenix Squad? I'd like to continue those battles and since my current light side team is weak and I don't think it's worth upgrading them, I'm stuck at stage 5.
    So can I atleast finish stage 5 and maybe 6 with my Phoenix characters only being 2 stars? I am not using Sabine by the way but I can just lend her from allies so that's fine.
  • 2*? Dude. Dude. You HAVE to star them up more than 2*, and you should absolutely get them to 7* G9 at some point for Thrawn. They are definitely worth upgrading. No, they are not and never will be META, but with the Sith Raid we are seeing more and more creative teams that use Sabine, Ezra, Chopper, even Hera, away from their Phoenix teammates.

You also HAVE to get Rebels like Wedge, Biggs, Lando, Leia up to 7* as well. You may not be excited by them, or want to deal with it, but if you want to advance in the game you will need a strong classic Rebels squad too.

The good thing is that when you invest in Wedge and Biggs you are also investing in their X-Wings at the same time.
  • Hey, @TVF , thanks to getting my 7* Home Run achievement and today's two ship challenges I am up to 10 zeta mats. 10!!! I'm on a roll!!!! :s
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    So are you going to tag me every time you get a zeta? Please stop.
    So are you going to tag me every time you get a zeta? Please stop.

No problem. I thought you were having fun with it.

#killjoy
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    #killjoy

giphy.gif
  • 2*? Dude. Dude. You HAVE to star them up more than 2*, and you should absolutely get them to 7* G9 at some point for Thrawn. They are definitely worth upgrading. No, they are not and never will be META, but with the Sith Raid we are seeing more and more creative teams that use Sabine, Ezra, Chopper, even Hera, away from their Phoenix teammates.

You also HAVE to get Rebels like Wedge, Biggs, Lando, Leia up to 7* as well. You may not be excited by them, or want to deal with it, but if you want to advance in the game you will need a strong classic Rebels squad too.

The good thing is that when you invest in Wedge and Biggs you are also investing in their X-Wings at the same time.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it but you didn't answer my question. How far can I go while they are 2 stars? Because I'd like to enjoy the grind and get the light side done while I'm logging in to buy shards, because even taking them to 3* is going to take me days. I don't just want to log in and out and not even use Phoenix until they are 7*. So?

• I don't think anyone will really be able to answer that question because nobody will have tested how far a 2* squad can go. The answer is as far as you can get; when you can't go further you'll need to upgrade them.

My question is what are you using your energy for if not to farm and gear phoenix?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299