Dev Blog - Daily Login Changes - 3/28/18 [MEGA]

Prev1345
TyloRen
381 posts Moderator
edited April 2018
DEV POST

In today’s dev blog, we are going to be sharing changes coming to the rewards for the daily login calendar. These changes will be effective starting April and moving forward the login calendar will follow a similar format. If you want to skip the reasoning and go straight to the punchline, I’ve included two pictures of what the daily login will look like on a 31 day month (below).
The corresponding in-game reward for today's post will be coming with a hotfix later today.
This update will be short and sweet and to the point. Here is the reasoning driving the changes:
  1. We wanted to remove some of the “chaff” from the daily login calendar, as it wasn’t helping anyone or really motivating people to log in. This includes the removal of ally points, low credit amounts, and very low 2-star training droid drops.
  2. We wanted to break the usual model of a login reward system only being valuable at the very end of the time period it covers. When we unveil a new character and begin to announce plans for exciting new release in the following month, we want the rewards at the start of the month to reflect that excitement – and we ALSO want to reward players who stick with us day after day, all month.
  3. This is why the single zeta, on a month sub-31 days appears on the 27th login, and not the 30th. We know people miss logging in here and there, and now you can do so three times without losing your chance at the zeta.
  4. The bonus zeta, the second one that only appears on a 31 day month will reward people who do have a chance to log in each day. Note: We intentionally put it on a 31 day month not to make you feel bad about months that have fewer than 31 days, but because we tuned the zetas we want to provide to people with that level of engagement to about that number (an additional 12-19 zetas a year).
  5. We also wanted to familiarize newer players with zeta materials, so that by the time they have unlocked the ability to apply them, that they are not staring at a big 0/20.
  6. And finally, the character dropped inside of a given month will not always be valuable to elder game players. We’ve heard frustration echoed from the community when a character has high ownership rates, and we do our best to offer something that has low ownership rates and is useful; however, sometimes we can’t find a character that follows those criteria. The daily login character follows a theme, and is also often very beneficial to new players, even if you already own them.

P.S. We discovered an issue that affected some people’s in-game rewards that are meant to be paired with this blog. It had to do with people who were logged in during the time that we pushed out a small change that would allow them to receive the reward. If they stayed logged in when the reward came, they wouldn’t have picked up the fix. We have bundled an extra 75k credits into today’s reward, which will come later today with today’s update. We have seen a few issues if you log in to two accounts on the same device, so if you tend to log in with your alt account first, check the forums for the hotfix notes which should appear shortly before the actual patch and use your main login until you've picked up the rewards.
Moving forward, this problem should not occur, however at the end of this, if you happen to get your account in a state where you can’t receive rewards, please file a ticket at help.ea.com and we will work with CS to ensure they get granted.

yzco6rqrc9de.png
1y8e7qy7z5zd.png

DEV POST
Post edited by Carrie on

Replies

• kmilky
    79 posts Member
    Love this! Thanks for the update!
  • Thanks. Mind telling us who the login character will be for next month, given that it starts on Sunday?
  • Wicked! Thanks!
  • Great start to much needed changes!
  • Cuzzins
    345 posts Member
    Thanks. Mind telling us who the login character will be for next month, given that it starts on Sunday?

I think if they wanted to do that, the mockups would have been for April :wink: Think they like to keep that info with the event calendar release don't they?
  • This is a great change! Thank you for the detailed explanation!
  • I am pleasantly surprised and pleased with this. A strong change presented to us from our overlords, with thought put in for both the newer players and longer term players.
  • Great look like they give us alot more comunication just before Marvel Strike Force come out XD they want us to Stay here lol
  • Cuzzins wrote: »
    Thanks. Mind telling us who the login character will be for next month, given that it starts on Sunday?

I think if they wanted to do that, the mockups would have been for April :wink: Think they like to keep that info with the event calendar release don't they?

If they wanted to update the event calendar, I'd be ok with that too ;)
  • Love this, looks like a great change that is impactful for some of us long time players. Even if the character shards are not useful, at least there are a bunch of crystals, credits, and ZETAS!

I also really like the new format of explanation. You are telling us why you are doing things. Even if it is not something that is going to make everyone happy (like the shards) it provides a glimpse into your decision making process.

Thanks for this, and I look forward to the next update tomorrow!
    -Z
  • Thanks. Mind telling us who the login character will be for next month, given that it starts on Sunday?

Greedo?
  • YAAASS!!! Step in the right direction! Thanks CG!
  • Excellent start. Rewards aren’t excessive, but definitely useful. Zetas are a great addition. Keep it up, CG.
  • Good start. Well thought out with player enjoyment first.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Zeta’s and an omega! Thx CG!
  • I certainly did not expect to see these rewards. Well done, CG! Well done indeed!
  • Swordd
    161 posts Member
    <3 extra Zetas, crystals, credits, and shards...not bad CG, not bad at all
  • Cuzzins wrote: »

Also @Cuzzins -- Carrie specifically said she wanted to show a 31 day month (because of the extra zeta). April is only 30 days.

Maybe it's Greedo with a bounty hunter update? Jango confirmed
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    What, you are taking away my LOL's that I've gotten used to, no more laughing over receiving 60 crystals one day and the next day you got 1 :star::star::star: Training Droid, how dare you taking away such humorous thing from the game
    :tongue:
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Thanks for the zetas, we certainly needed that change on daily login rewards!
  • @CG_Carrie will there ever be where we get a "Full Zeta"? (20 Zetas + 13 omegas + 30 Purple mats) items needed to actually create a usable zeta? at this rate you dont even get the 20 zetas needed in a one year login period..
  • Day 1: Success.

Keep it up guys! Love the update to the daily login
  • Boomer8800 wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie will there ever be where we get a "Full Zeta"? (20 Zetas + 13 omegas + 30 Purple mats) items needed to actually create a usable zeta? at this rate you dont even get the 20 zetas needed in a one year login period..

I think the zetas are a bonus and aren’t meant to be a real farming location. The main benefit now is the increases credits, crystals and shards. The zetas and omega are really an incentive to log on at least once a day and reward those that do.
  • YAY!! BOUNTY HUNTERS!!!! ... I hope :D
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    More Zetas are always welcome.
  • Kudos, I am impressed. They are clearly listening to the community and these are very positive developments. Well done.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie will there ever be where we get a "Full Zeta"? (20 Zetas + 13 omegas + 30 Purple mats) items needed to actually create a usable zeta? at this rate you dont even get the 20 zetas needed in a one year login period..

Assuming you're a lower level player...you'll start earning fleet tokens after you unlock ships, and you can use those to buy zeta mats. You also will be able to get them three times a week from the daily challenge.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • LOL I'm more excited about the omega than the zetas :lol:
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).