Dev Blog - Daily Login Changes - 3/28/18 [MEGA]

Replies

• Love it!!!
    Also, Greedo as April's login toon, and Carrie said the login toon indicates a direction they're going in...
    Closest thing to a BH rework hint yet??

Look at the pictures again. Particularly at the top of them where it says the name of the month.

Hint - it doesn't say "April" ;)
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Post edited by Boba_The_Fetter on
  • I feel like the event calender needs to be shared with all on this post. Haha.

Calender has been dropped, stating Greedo as login toon...

I can see that it says march and all that in Carrie's pics, was disappointed til i saw the calender had dropped...
  • catharsis478
    676 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    SaintJames wrote: »
    Huge Question nobody at CG has answered and I have asked alot, in several forums. Please, respond and let the community know-
    In Territory Wars, why are rewards different for all guilds with different GP? All winners should get the same rewards, just as all losing guilds should get the same. The stronger guilds get better rewards, and the lower guilds put in just as much time. If even possible, we can't catch them, but this makes it even harder. Why don't they winners get the same rewards across the board?
    Your response is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
    -SaintJames-
    -Empire Trading Co-

I believe the answer for that is [HERE].

The relevant bits:
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »

Rewards are determined solely by Active GP of the participants. Active GP refers to the total Guild Galactic Power of the guild at the time that each person has joined the Territory War. Galactic Power is locked at that point to ensure that matchmaking is calculated off a fixed number and can’t be drastically changed over the course of the Territory War.
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    FAQ:
    • Q: Does this mean our guild won't face higher reward tier guilds?
      A: No. Matchmaking does not consider reward tiers, only your guild's squads for the match making algorithm.
      Example: your guild is reward tier 4 and your matchmaking strength calculation is high, you could face a guild who is at reward tier 5 but low matchmaking strength.
      It's not common (for the vast majority of the game) but it can and likely will happen from time to time.
      Again, this is because Matchmaking strength does not consider Reward Tier at all.

Edit: I didn't read your question right, so I apologize. I'll keep this stuff here to offer some insight on TW rewards.
    Post edited by catharsis478 on
  • I can see from the images attached that from now on we will receive 42 shards monthly instead of the actual 30 max. That’s cool.
    Overall, i feel satisfied with this changes. Good job!
  • People certainly have low expectations around here, great login change, I didnt see it as an issue compared to all the other huge items that are upsetting people. This sounds more like a smoke and mirror trick so it can be held up as a big improvement, but what does it really mean...less zeta drops in ship challenges is probably coming server side to account for all the extra zetas going out. That's what needs to improve the most...freeing up the game resources and taking off the server side controls that payout game items
  • I would like to see the ability to chat with people in your friends list along with your guild mates. Maybe even a global chat added to the game.
  • SaintJames wrote: »
    Huge Question nobody at CG has answered and I have asked alot, in several forums. Please, respond and let the community know-
    In Territory Wars, why are rewards different for all guilds with different GP? All winners should get the same rewards, just as all losing guilds should get the same. The stronger guilds get better rewards, and the lower guilds put in just as much time. If even possible, we can't catch them, but this makes it even harder. Why don't they winners get the same rewards across the board?
    Your response is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
    -SaintJames-
    -Empire Trading Co-

The simple reason is they don’t want mixed GP guilds. So a few high level accounts can do heroic raids (rancor and HAAT) and 40 some newbies can earn the rewards even though they haven’t built up there accounts to do much dmg. Which in turn will keep arena shards more in balance. Of course those who spend can always overcome that but even they will have to bump up there GP to be in higher tier guilds. In the quest to even out arenas I think it’s a good one.

Also some of the top tier guilds put in more time because they will have to put 35 squads per zone.
  • It is actually really good.
    The only thing which would make it even better, more Omega materials.
    Usually, they are the wall preventing us to zeta someone.
  • ok! good idea!
  • Great look like they give us alot more comunication just before Marvel Strike Force come out XD they want us to Stay here lol
    I'll be playing MSF regardless hahaha! I'm a huge comics fan. But I will give CG credit as this is a step in the right direction.

• I get a mail item - 75k credits. You beauty
    BUT
    There's no ACCEPT button, only DISMISS and my balance does not increase. What was the point of that?
  • Is there any chance that EA/CG could make Ally code useage simable? Using them when you have +40 is way too time intensive.
  • This is awesome! Thanks for the change!
  • Love it! Keep up the good work. Just don’t go overboard and ruin the fun. Remember, it’s like with the Force, you must find the right balance.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Nice change and update. Well done. And as an "elder-player" (someone who has played the game a long time) I'm fine with shard shop currency coming from a log-in character I already have at 7*. I love the addition of omegas and zetas to the log in rewards. Very nice work so far.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Z2gop
    199 posts Member
    Nice job. What about ships omegas ?
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    It is actually really good.
    The only thing which would make it even better, more Omega materials.
    Usually, they are the wall preventing us to zeta someone.

I wouldn't say they're a wall, it's just that the only times I ever get 4 zetas from challenges is when I have 16 zeta mats and no omegas lol
  • Thanks for thinking about game improvement. The Zeta rewards on the 27th would increase engagement.

As a suggestion, could we add some identification in the guild chat box anytime officers make announcement to guild members?
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    YES!! Thanks for improving this game and making it even awesome(er) - I love you @CG_Carrie :sweat_smile:
  • This is a pretty cool update!
    Especially considering that daily login rewards were not really a huge issue with most players. It’s a nice bonus fix!
  • This update is great. Huge step in the right direction. And I don't mind shard shop currency as a log in. It's kinda nice actually. Liking the changes so far.
  • Thank you. Sharing reasoning usually helps us run guilds.
  • Definitely a step in the right direction. Keep going guys.
  • Love it!
  • Teg
    50 posts Member
    I like it a lot!
  • Improved daily login rewards and TW back to 25 D teams per territory. Good update! Thanks!
  • Trake
    148 posts Member
    brhavig wrote: »
    Thanks. Mind telling us who the login character will be for next month, given that it starts on Sunday?

Greedo?

Hmm so a scoundrel or bounty hunter update perhaps?