Server Update 3/29/2018 [MEGA]

Prev134
TyloRen
381 posts Moderator
edited March 2018
DEV POST
Hey Holotable Heroes!

Here is the information regarding our Server Update today, 3/29/2018.

SQUAD/FLEET ARENA

In the spirit of providing a better experience to our players, we have made a change to Squad/Fleet Arena to always show the highest possible rank opponent on the far-right panel. This is one of the top player requested features as it will prevent the need to consistently refresh opponents to find the one with the highest rank. The left and middle panel will continue to refresh as normal.

It may not need to be stated, but we just wanted to mention that for players in the top four ranks, none of the columns will refresh. A player in the top four will always see the other three players in the top four rankings.
Note: To get this change in as quickly as possible, we were not able to go with the ideal implementation, so even if you don’t want to seek the highest arena player, the right-most panel will always only show the highest rank. If this proves to be a longterm problem, we will address it.

See you on the Holotable!

DEV POST

Replies

• Ty! Ty! Ty!
  • GOD BLESS YOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU
  • Thanks guys:) You just saved thousands of minutes daily to your playerbase ;)
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Nnnnice. The QoL I’ve been looking for! (The others have been great too, ive just been waiting on this one)
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Noice!
  • Shok
    73 posts Member
    Great adjustment
  • Nice! Thank you.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    I will say though.. this kind of puts a damper on avoiding people.. I don’t want to be forced into attacking someone in my payout. Wonder what that second spot is going to look like...
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    But wait...is the middle panel going to give us a decent jump like the right panel used to...cause the middle panel jump isn't very useful and if the right panel is a team you can't beat, you're boned.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • So if we cant beat the highest team...is there a way to see the teams the few spots just after it? Usually the 2nd team shown is a lot further down...
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Excellent! +1!!
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Never mind, just tested it and the middle panel works like the right panel used to. And the left panel is no longer completely useless. Great change!
  • TVF wrote: »
    But wait...is the middle panel going to give us a decent jump like the right panel used to...cause the middle panel jump isn't very useful and if the right panel is a team you can't beat, you're boned.

Exactly...they didnt just implement this in a way that screws us did they? That would be sooo much worse than having to refresh a few times...
  • TVF wrote: »

I just tested. I'm in 19th. The right panel is locked on 13, and the middle panel has 14, 15 and 16 all showing up often.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Meowbacca wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

I just tested. I'm in 19th. The right panel is locked on 13, and the middle panel has 14, 15 and 16 all showing up often.

13th was possible from 19!?
  • Amazing work CG! Really great to see community-driven changes making it into the game.
    ācιßösöχ

Join the official Grand Arena Discord Server
  • YES!!!
  • THANK YOU!!!!!!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • js4
    129 posts Member
    You all may think this is a good thing now, but wait until you're trying to coordinate with your shard chat or just trying to avoid that person that's sitting at the highest jump possible and hit the one behind them instead. Absolute laziness, silly to push such a feature out with such a rush unless there's a desire on EA's part to undermine the shard chat systems.
  • This change makes me so, SO happy. Thank you!!! <3
    This is a signature.
  • ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Ender22 wrote: »
    Meowbacca wrote: »

13th was possible from 19!?

No, he must be lying

Edit: Its possible, he wasnt lying
  • Perhaps if people moan about it make the ranks list where you do battles and show the teams in the style of the squads list with a battle icon next to it instead of edit and those "outside" the normal range just show a greyed out button that say "advance to a higher level to battle this team"

Or to save space highlight "battle-able" opponent and grey out the others with the above text.
  • THANK YOU!!!!!
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Ugnaught wrote: »

Exactly...they didnt just implement this in a way that screws us did they? That would be sooo much worse than having to refresh a few times...

Nope, it's really slick. I was able to get the middle panel one away from the right panel. So now we have a choice to refresh or take the highest jump.
  • SSB
    72 posts Member

“Refresh few times”... hahahahaha
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    SSB wrote: »

“Refresh few times”... hahahahaha

Low arena ranking problems
  • I know nothing about coding so have no clue weather its doable or not ,but why can't we just side scroll across the screen to see say 10 places? Similar to choosing an ally.
    You've still locked us to 3 slots and now 1 will only show the top competitor for your place. This does nothing to alleviate the constant refreshing needed to find someone you can beat other than for a few top competitors.
  • +1000000
  • No hay como avanzar así en esa forma de búsqueda,te da la opción de luchar si o si con la de la derecha cuando puedes encontrar rival q se acomode a tu pg y gear...muy mal para mí en este caso... gracias ojalá modifiquen
  • That sucks! The team in the far right isn't a good matchup for me. Why can't I fight the next team behind that. This really sucks.