Server Update 3/29/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Ender22 wrote: »
    SSB wrote: »
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    But wait...is the middle panel going to give us a decent jump like the right panel used to...cause the middle panel jump isn't very useful and if the right panel is a team you can't beat, you're boned.

Exactly...they didnt just implement this in a way that screws us did they? That would be sooo much worse than having to refresh a few times...

“Refresh few times”... hahahahaha

Low arena ranking problems

Yup, try to fix things and they made it worse.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    But wait...is the middle panel going to give us a decent jump like the right panel used to...cause the middle panel jump isn't very useful and if the right panel is a team you can't beat, you're boned.

Exactly...they didnt just implement this in a way that screws us did they? That would be sooo much worse than having to refresh a few times...

Nope, it's really slick. I was able to get the middle panel one away from the right panel. So now we have a choice to refresh or take the highest jump.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Ender22 wrote: »
    SSB wrote: »

“Refresh few times”... hahahahaha

Low arena ranking problems

Yup, try to fix things and they made it worse.

That’s not what I was saying. I was referring to someone only having to refresh a few times.. high ranking plyers had to refresh a Lot to get 1/(a few) to pop up
  • Swordd
    161 posts Member
    Wonderful change! Thank you!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gazza1988 wrote: »
    Perhaps if people moan about it make the ranks list where you do battles and show the teams in the style of the squads list with a battle icon next to it instead of edit and those "outside" the normal range just show a greyed out button that say "advance to a higher level to battle this team"

Or to save space highlight "battle-able" opponent and grey out the others with the above text.

That doesn't really work, you need a button press to refresh the list. That at least part of the reason for the current system.
  • This is a welcome an long overdue improvement @CG_Carrie .

However, it's still limited. Why can't you implement a scroll function so that you can evaluate all the opponents in your matching range?

It can't be too hard to code this. You already have a scroll function in the Store - you know the one, where you need to scroll past all those packs just to get to the Bronzium packs?
  • I love everything about the daily login the territory war and this arena rank thing change! I was very disappointed for a while now with the game and mostly the sith raid but this makes the game better! Hopefully the raid reward change will be even better! Great work!
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    kriles76 wrote: »

It can't be too hard to code this. You already have a scroll function in the Store - you know the one, where you need to scroll past all those packs just to get to the Bronzium packs?

Because the amount of jumps you can make changes. Outside the top100 can jump upwards of 20 spaces. Inside the top 30 or so with 6-7 space jump maxes I could see that making sense. But when you have 20+ choices to scroll through would suck.

• Amazing change!!!! Thank you so much!!!!
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    Nice!
  • thank you! needed some time, but good in the end.
  • Uklem
    46 posts Member
    THANK YOU!!!
  • No pasa nada
  • Woot! This is great thank you!
  • Ruyen
    46 posts Member
    Sooo many thanks!

Now, about those mk3 Carbantis.
  • Thanks for nothing , you have just made it so much harder to advance your rank before payout
  • Hallelujah!
  • So now you'll never see the player ranked 1 below your #1slot unless you actually are in the #4 on your shard
  • BaaPhoon wrote: »
    So now you'll never see the player ranked 1 below your #1slot unless you actually are in the #4 on your shard

As others have stated, this is completely wrong. The middle panel can and does show up to the spot right behind the top spot you can fight. I just tested it. I’m rank 80. My top fight was 67. I found 68 which was a better matchup.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    BaaPhoon wrote: »
    Thanks for nothing , you have just made it so much harder to advance your rank before payout

Wrong.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I had a guildmate asking about something like this earlier this month. Good to hear.
  • LocCatPowersDog
    4 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I think this is a huge step in the right direction but may have some unintended consequences for some. I started last few days of December and never have looked to see if there is a "shard chat" for my server. For a long time I wasn't ranked anywhere near for it to even be a question. Recently I've started hovering in the 50's and find myself closer and closer to the top.

My point is that outside the collusion that goes on most of the time (and with how much people tend to want revenge) now there is a system that promotes fighting again and again over the same spot if the happen to share a payout or online at the same time... if you fight the highest you qualify for then the first name they see while the 5 minute cooldown happens is the one that took their spot.

So today I woke up from a nap right in time for my arena hour and read about the new change (and noticed it in game immediately) and ended up using 3 of my 5 attempts swapping from 55 too 45. Luckily I timed it right taking 45 for the third time and leaving about 30 seconds till payout but instead of being able to fight into the 30s and 20s I had to play thumbwar with 45.

Any way anyone could see to stop this? Before you had to refresh (way too many times) to get the match but at least so did the person you fought.

With no way (expect of course the answer too most everything in in SWGoH... manipulating normal gameplay with crystals) of stopping revenge during the cooldown form happening time and time again what is the solution? It's annoying enough when you run into the "someone is battling you screen" but to be stuck on a treadmill fighting the same over and over is way more nerve racking.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I think this is a huge step in the right direction but may have some unintended consequences for some. I started last few days of December and never have looked to see if there is a "shard chat" for my server. For a long time I wasn't ranked anywhere near for it to even be a question. Recently I've started hovering in the 50's and find myself closer and closer to the top.

My point is that outside the collusion that goes on most of the time (and with how much people tend to want revenge) now there is a system that promotes fighting again and again over the same spot if the happen to share a payout or online at the same time... if you fight the highest you qualify for then the first name they see while the 5 minute cooldown happens is the one that took their spot.

So today I woke up from a nap right in time for my arena hour and read about the new change (and noticed it in game immediately) and ended up using 3 of my 5 attempts swapping from 55 too 45. Luckily I timed it right taking 45 for the third time and leaving about 30 seconds till payout but instead of being able to fight into the 30s and 20s I had to play thumbwar with 45.

Any way anyone could see to stop this? Before you had to refresh (way too many times) to get the match but at least so did the person you fought.

With no way (expect of course the answer too most everything in in SWGoH... manipulating normal gameplay with crystals) of stopping revenge during the cooldown form happening time and time again what is the solution? It's annoying enough when you run into the "someone is battling you screen" but to be stuck on a treadmill fighting the same over and over is way more nerve racking.

This makes no sense. Ppl already fought for the highest spot. Now we dont have to refresh several times to achieve the same result.
  • Mano
    109 posts Member
    Looks like Marvel Strike Force has Struck the DEVS..its having a positive effect on SWGOH..Thank You DEVS for finally listening to the community and bringing about the needed Changes..

PLease give us MOD Management Tool..That is long Overdue Request from our side
  • thank you CG
  • Nice
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    Having played this game from just about Day #1, I have no idea why this change took so long, but thanks for finally doing it.

I still wonder why arena isn't set up with an ELO-style rating system rather than this payout/ladder/locking nonsense we have now...
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Gazza1988 wrote: »
    Perhaps if people moan about it make the ranks list where you do battles and show the teams in the style of the squads list with a battle icon next to it instead of edit and those "outside" the normal range just show a greyed out button that say "advance to a higher level to battle this team"

Or to save space highlight "battle-able" opponent and grey out the others with the above text.

That doesn't really work, you need a button press to refresh the list. That at least part of the reason for the current system.

You still have a refresh button it just refreshes the ranking list for any changes.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    This is all kinda of awesome. Thank you!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Really appreciate this change.... tired of refreshing more than 50 times when I want to get the best spot...