Dev Blog - Community Improvements - 3/29/18 [MEGA]

Replies

• Video Developer diaries would be awesome! Either that, or b-roll would be amazing and a way for us to get to know the Devs better and appreciate them more!
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Welcome aboard @CG_Erik .
    I have to say that I am glad they brought you on in your position. I've been playing since about 2 weeks after launch and I've just recently started feeling burned out on it. I am kind of gotten on the new raid. While I like the newness and the challenge of it, running back to back t6 raids trying to figure it out and prepare for heroic has made me bored already.

I'm still doing all my dailies mainly because I'm in a great guild with a lot of great people. I like that you (and the rest of developers)are looking at qol upgrades and how the game is played. I look forward to seeing what new is coming.
  • Very excited about the gesture of beta testing sign up. Shows that you want this community engaged. With current game limitations, players are unable to fully experiment. This hopefully will grant us that, and the feedback will have a better foundation with such resources available.
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    Hi,
    I have a questions. It bothers me for some time.

What is the reason that for example sith raid, i can play a fight two times, or three times and it works well, fast but on fourth fight it start to be so slow like a snail?
    What is the reason that if TW is active all game modes are slower, when TW is over everything come back to normal speed?
  • I’d like to see:

- The Territorial Battles Guild Event opened up to guilds with less than 50 members. Guilds with equal numbers of members should be pitted against each other.
    - A minimum of one standard Event each day that everybody can win. There is an active Event every day, but a) many of them I can’t qualify for yet, or b) my characters aren’t strong enough to compete effectively. Thus, I may go several days without being able to complete an Event.
    - More relevant high-level Gear coming from the STR, AGI, and TAC Challenges for better-leveled players. At Character Levels VIII+, many times the only way to continue leveling up characters is through a) the agonizingly slow procedure of purchasing Gear through the Store, or b) the expensive option of purchasing Crystals through the Store.
    - The release of the Ship Hardware Abilities!
    - More equitable battles in the Galactic War. While I usually win all 12 battles, I understand losing the occasional battle at the higher (10-12) levels. But when I resoundingly lose during a Level 6 battle with my best characters, and it takes the rest of my characters to finish the battle (if that even happens), it seems to me there’s a disconnect in your algorithm on how to properly match opponents.
    - Provide some way to level mods over 5 stars! There’s obvious space for 2 more stars.
    - The unlimited ability to fight members in your own guild. No rewards need be necessary (except maybe as an Achievement). Rather, this would help us figure out which group(s) of characters/ships would make a great match for battles during the main game.

The recent update was a great improvement:

- Being able to see how many items/shards I currently have is a blessing.
    - The recent Sith Triumvarate Guild Raid was another nice touch. I wish we’d been told beforehand just how difficult it was going to be. Our guild cancelled a Level 5 battle because only 2-3 members could make a dent in it. However, we recently completed a Level 2 battle, so we’re good.

Keep up the good work, and please consider taking my suggestions into consideration.
  • Wampa
    53 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Co-leader, does everything leader does apart form Disband, can use Banner/, we have people all over the globe, 1 leader to do everything is not good

• It’d be great if ya’ll would address the gear grind and multiple duplicitous gates players need to cross with every single character needing exactly the same gear for no reason than to artificially stymie players and drive crystal prices for those GS8 gear pieces through the roof!
  • I just play this game out habit now on a thin rope. Glad noobs still have fun with this game and the playerbase is still doing the leg work for cg.
  • I didn't get the pop up. It just told me about today's blog post. That's it
  • +1 didn’t get the carb. Clicked redeem and...nothing.
  • Brioli
    21 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Welcome and glad to read about all the increased communication and transparency. Regarding player lifecycle stuff I've outlined my comments as a new player struggling to contribute in pve in another thread below. The phrase catchup mechanic should be pretry clear, especially those with MMO backgrounds like cg_carrie. Any thoughts on the concerns and suggestions would be awesome.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/161823/catch-up-mechanics#latest
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    Interestingly enough, CG_Erik seems more real than the rest of them o.O

Looking forward to a bit of behind-the-scenes / videos from developers! This might be going a little overboard but it'll be enjoyable nonetheless.
  • jstehly
    108 posts Member
    The blog post mentioned player lifecycle, so I will leave a comment related to that topic (though this might not be the time). I miss trying to beat Assault Battles, Credit Heists, Training Droids Heists, etc. These used to be great challenges, now they are routine. I would love to see tougher tiers of these types of challenges. Same goes for LS & DS battles. Much of the game has become obsolete and we are left with the Sith Raid, TBs, and TWs - all of which are just not much fun. Most of our guild dislike those game elements. (We're mostly F2P, GP of ~70million)

Thanks for the Carbanti today - that was great!!!
  • I firstly would like to say thank you for this opportunity. I have played swgoh for almost 2 yrs. I have experienced major burnout during the months of November and December of 2017. It was the first time i had ever found the game so tedious that i just didn't want to play. As an officer of my guild it began to seep into my interactions with the whole guild. I detest tb and play solely for the benefit of my guild.

So i took time off and played at a minimum level. Below is the improvements i would like to see. That will i believe will help keep players like myself still interested in the game.

1. Bronzium coin pack claim needs an option to claim 10 x

2. New mission levels to ls, ds and cantina ,(you are running out of space for new toons)

3. New tiers to challenges (change up some of the gear i have 1000s of some items and no toons need them)

4. Fleet missions you have a space so use it already

5. In guild pvp practice mode - so i can test my teams against other members of my guild

6. New fleet ships and respective pilots for them - there are tonnes of ships you have not released

7. Where is the droid hardware for ships already? Or the final ability mod that says we can't get it

8. All stores original stores are stale with no toons added since phoenix squad a year ago

9. Event schedule needs to be accurate 2 weeks in advance with no surprise additions 24hrs before event is held as has been the case of late

10. Rework the other old teams already and give us some new bounty hunters - where is jango? Or the in-game one on a mission node?

11. Lastly, pvp tournament were one of my fave aspects of the game. It had flaws which were easily fixed and even f2p could enjoy. I would love a reworked version that i can play and test myself against players not in my current server. Or something else with a similar focus that the individual can play.

I feel that i have covered most of the bases of improvements that would increase player lifecycle and over the coming blogs, i am sure others will have similar sentiments... i still love this game but i am hoping that if you all listen to us as a whole... the future improvements will assist this game to continue to thrive where others have died.

Cheers Topcatv2
  • I did not receive the free carbanti today. Is this because I’m on an underage account? I nearly quit the game over the whole Battlefront/Kylo Ren 80 free shards fiasco, and after a spirited discussion in the forums (with no adequate dev explanation) was hoping that moving forward any rewards would be delivered directly to the inbox so not to punish those on underage accounts who in many cases, have spent thousands on this game. It’s disappointing to me that the game will happily take my credit card, but I’m not eligible for rewards intended for everyone. Hope I’m wrong. Thanks for all the effort into making a great game...
  • Just a thought but I think it would be cool if we got notifications on zeta upgrades like we do for gear and 7* in guild chat.
  • I look forward to regular communication from you to your player base.
  • MolIza wrote: »
    Tried to redeem that carbanti sensor array.. and I got nothing... wish there’s a way it would show up in the inbox instead of a pop-up window. Now I’m sol on a piece I needed :/

Same issue here.

Same here... It let's me claim it but nothing in my inbox
  • Carrie
    122 posts Member
    I did not receive the free carbanti today. Is this because I’m on an underage account? I nearly quit the game over the whole Battlefront/Kylo Ren 80 free shards fiasco, and after a spirited discussion in the forums (with no adequate dev explanation) was hoping that moving forward any rewards would be delivered directly to the inbox so not to punish those on underage accounts who in many cases, have spent thousands on this game. It’s disappointing to me that the game will happily take my credit card, but I’m not eligible for rewards intended for everyone. Hope I’m wrong. Thanks for all the effort into making a great game...
    I'm checking a few of the accounts from people reporting they didn't get a Carbanti, what is your in-game name?

Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
  • I did not receive the free carbanti today. In-game name: Proky. Send tickets?
  • CG_Carrie wrote: »
    I'm checking a few of the accounts from people reporting they didn't get a Carbanti, what is your in-game name?

Wow!! Thank you so much for the quick response. My in game name is Mol Eliza because the game will not let underage accounts edit their name (haha). Not sure if it’s helpful, but my ally code is 649-238-634. It turns out that a few of my guild mates also did not get today’s pop up (although most did), so I don’t think it is correlating to an underage account status. Hoping I get it late and it will be there tomorrow morning. Lord knows I only need about 100 carbantis! lol. Nice gift.

• Hi @CG_Carrie, it looks like I didn't receive my carbanti either so could you add my name to the list as well... My in game name is ìN Trebor
  • Carrie
    122 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Proky wrote: »
    I did not receive the free carbanti today. In-game name: Proky. Send tickets?
    Okay yup, confirmed you got the first two but not the Carbanti.
    Wow!! Thank you so much for the quick response. My in game name is Mol Eliza because the game will not let underage accounts edit their name (haha). Not sure if it’s helpful, but my ally code is 649-238-634. It turns out that a few of my guild mates also did not get today’s pop up (although most did), so I don’t think it is correlating to an underage account status. Hoping I get it late and it will be there tomorrow morning. Lord knows I only need about 100 carbantis! lol. Nice gift.
    Same, I see you didn't get the Carbanti. Question for you, do you ever get in-game pop-ups? We are not allowed to serve underage players advertisements of any kind, and so sometimes we overcorrect so as not to violate any COPPA laws.
    Trebor88 wrote: »
    Hi @CG_Carrie, it looks like I didn't receive my carbanti either so could you add my name to the list as well... My in game name is ìN Trebor
    And same, no Carbanti either.

I don't want to start a riot (or a new career) by hand granting everyone who missed one, so I'd love it if you can wait until the gifts are done and then file a ticket for all the ones you missed (several methods to contact @ help.ea.com). If you don't want to wait, go ahead and do it now, it just saves our CS team time to get them at once. I sent a note to them to let them know that we intend to batch fix the missing items.
    Meanwhile, with your accounts we can look and see what is causing the rewards to be missed. They're different enough with different criteria that we should be able to cover whatever these anomalies are causing them.

Thanks for the help debugging!
    -Carrie
    Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
  • ?
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    What I would like to see for lifecycle
    1) Balance lower gear/materials with higher. We have thousands of low level ability gear but purple and omega (more purple MK3 than omega) are a huge shortage. Same with gear, we do we have some gear that is needed by a few and some gear needed by all, sometimes multiples... such as Kanan G9 requiring 2 MK5 stun guns... no thank you!
    2) Communication on what reworks are currently being worked on, and an outline of expected release order.. no I'm not talking about dates, I know that's too likely to change. I'm talking about what order reworks are coming in... for instance:
    "We currently are looking to rework Bounty hunter, separatist, Jedi, and tusken in that order"
    So we have a better idea of what area to farm. I don't need details on what the rework entails or any dates, I just wanna know if I should farm BH now and wait on jedi, or farm separatist before jawa, etc.
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2319 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Proky wrote: »
    I did not receive the free carbanti today. In-game name: Proky. Send tickets?
    Okay yup, confirmed you got the first two but not the Carbanti.
    Same, I see you didn't get the Carbanti. Question for you, do you ever get in-game pop-ups? We are not allowed to serve underage players advertisements of any kind, and so sometimes we overcorrect so as not to violate any COPPA laws.
    Trebor88 wrote: »
    Hi @CG_Carrie, it looks like I didn't receive my carbanti either so could you add my name to the list as well... My in game name is ìN Trebor
    And same, no Carbanti either.

I don't want to start a riot (or a new career) by hand granting everyone who missed one, so I'd love it if you can wait until the gifts are done and then file a ticket for all the ones you missed (several methods to contact @ help.ea.com). If you don't want to wait, go ahead and do it now, it just saves our CS team time to get them at once. I sent a note to them to let them know that we intend to batch fix the missing items.
    Meanwhile, with your accounts we can look and see what is causing the rewards to be missed. They're different enough with different criteria that we should be able to cover whatever these anomalies are causing them.

Thanks for the help debugging!
    -Carrie

@CG_Carrie My in game name is Salatious_Scrum. Didn’t receive the free carbanti gear.
  • First ; ı understand that the developers are honest about communication. Ty guys!!! That is so important for us, really is.
    Second ; we all know a company wants make money. totally understandable for ongoing economic system all around the globe atm. Its not fair but that's the current situation for the planet
    Finally; this is a great game. We all know that reality. All gamers want to know about prime goal is us not the money. If we think thats the policy we dont hesitate spend money .
    About developers ; as ı see you are very honest and understanding people. Ty for listening us. Ty so much !!!
  • @CG_Carrie same here, I did not receive it either.
    My in game name is Kreontas and my ally code is 277-595-968
    Thanks for looking into it!
  • Looks like I didn't get the reward either...
  • Hi the TW was the best addition in the last time, everyone in my Guild likes it.
    The Sith Raid is dissapointing, another boring autoplay Raid.
    Also I have some requests:
    1. Everyone is waiting for a death star Event. Something like: Phase1 deactivate the shields of the Death Star, Phase2 attack with your fleets. Work with your Guild mates together to defeat the Death Star with your light side Troups.
    2. Take the Gear out of Raid loot that you can get in the daily challenges. Its frustrating if you get Raid Gear you already have 2000x.
    3. TW reward: Winner Guild should get some Gear 12 regardless GM. That would be a clear difference between winning and losing Guild, also a nice Pop Up after winning a Guild War showing "Congrates your Team won" or something like that would be nice.
    4.Splitter/Shards and Gear Droprates are often ridiculous. 160 Energy and often you get only one or two!
    Even if you buy Shards or Gear for money it need ages...
    5. A second option to rank up Guild Members to f.e. Second Officer without permissions/permissions only to start Raids.

Thanks.