SWGOH: Q&A w/Producers - 3/17/18

Replies

• I think adding a practice/sandbox mode within a guild would be amazing . Many times I have added gear or abilities to a toon and had nowhere in the game to check it out right away. I also think it might actually create some healthy competition within guilds, give people another reason to buy crystals to get shards and gear to beat their friends, not just some rando in their arena shard. I don't see how giving people a reason to spend more time in the game could be anything but a positive thing for generating revenue.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Hi!

You did not answer this question from user CVG.

"What precautions will you put in place to protect players, especially minors, from the gambling aspects of the game...particularly anything where the odds aren't clear and money is involved...crystal drops for characters, etc?"

Your reply simply states that "gambling mechanics" are used in the game but you did not say what you do or plan to do to protect minors or adults from excessive or addictive behaviour. The comparison you make - SWGOH and table top games - is not appropriate. Have you ever played a table top game and were charged real money for buying some artificial currency that enables you to roll dice? Come on and answer this question. We know that this is a core element of your business model.

Kind regards.
  • Peer wrote: »
    Hi!

"What precautions will you put in place to protect players, especially minors, from the gambling aspects of the game...particularly anything where the odds aren't clear and money is involved...crystal drops for characters, etc?"

Your reply simply states that "gambling mechanics" are used in the game but you did not say what you do or plan to do to protect minors or adults from excessive or addictive behaviour. The comparison you make - SWGOH and table top games - is not appropriate. Have you ever played a table top game and were charged real money for buying some artificial currency that enables you to roll dice? Come on and answer this question. We know that this is a core element of your business model.

Kind regards.

What packs have Rng rolls with money involved? I thought the only packs with RNG rolls were crystal packs
  • Well_I_Never
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Peer wrote: »
    Hi!

Kind regards.
    Very, very good call!
    Preying on children or exploiting adults with mental health issues is absolutely not OK.
    Well, to anyone normal that doesn't work in Marketing or Advertising, it's not anyway.
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Sorry for not scrolling through all 16 pages so my apologies if it was elaborated on. The main list of questions and answers was helpful. What I am looking for is some clarity on the response regarding stick piled obsolete gear, The question was that we have thousands of pieces of gear that built up and never are used. In the daily challenges on one has value to players who have been around say over 6 months. We continue to add useless gear.

The response that was given was that they are hoping we will expand our rosters and look at other characters, but this is a hollow answer (sorry) that either doesn't understand the question or is trying to avoid a response. Even if all my toons that are not g12 (and there are many I only have 8 or 9 G12) required the same piece of gear for all gear levels and it was switched to one of the ones i have thousands of I still wouldn't use up all the useless gear I have. Not even close.

I get that selling it for credits is a waste. it's trash gear. Maybe shards then? I suppose crystals would be too much. I get that. How about a mechanic to merge gear or build and it requires a new special material to do so that you get from raid/TW/TB/Challenge rewards? You could then sell it also in bundles for cash or crystals and make money all the while we can have a use for this trash gear build up? Win win right?
  • Peer wrote: »
    Hi!

Kind regards.
    Very, very good call!
    Preying on children or exploiting adults with mental health issues is absolutely not OK.
    Well, to anyone normal that doesn't work in Marketing or Advertising, it's not anyway.

Reminds me of the South park episode "freemium isn't free".. which bashes mobile games hardcore.. ironically south park now has a mobile game.. smh
  • Letting players "fish" for an easy payout time is a bad, bad idea. I don't want east coast players flooding my pst time thank you. Im sure everybody after me on doesnt want pst people there either. You cant just create empty shards either. I know my ppl at my payout. New ppl not welcome. Sorry. Please devs dont cave on this. Sometimes the players dont understand what they are asking for. Now, moving payouts back an hour to 7-9pm or something like that, but leaving the shards intact might be something.
  • five2zero
    512 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    @CG_Carrie: Will there be an API?
    We need one for Character Data, Guild Member Data, etc..
    Hopefully.......
    Post edited by five2zero on
  • Well_I_Never
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Reminds me of the South park episode "freemium isn't free".. which bashes mobile games hardcore.. ironically south park now has a mobile game.. smh
    lol It's true of the whole gaming industry now, unfortunately. As soon as the first person signed up & the first $ rolled in, it validated the model.
    You making me recall that episode also made me think of the guitar hero one.

I've not seen their mobile game, is it in the same vein? *No pun intended.
  • Eliminate the lower gear rewards from all raids and make them worth our team work and effort, also a SHIP GW would give us an actual use of the ships we farmed.
    Do a farm/gear market for the thousands of useless pieces we have.
    Cheers for the amazing game
  • With concerning the build up of massive amounts of gear would a rotating system of gear like the fiscal quarters be the answer to this issue ? If we had a certain amount of gear per 3 months and collect it like crazy people within that time frame (talking about myself here) knowing it’s foingbto be limited and keep for future use might be the answer I know we have many different types of gear we can choose from and having them on a rotation should !!! Pls the crowd we aren’t afraid of racking up gear but just not the same gear all the time so I “hope” as rebellions are won on this
  • Hey. Thank you for taking the time to do these q&a. Hopefully you can still answer my question in here, if not I'll re-post it in the future.

Regarding the sith raid health pools that you mentioned as being part of the intended design, is it intended, considering a mobile game, that an 100M power guild, running a tier 4 sith raid, would take ~2 days to complete and that the investment for each guild member would be around 1h/day if not playing on auto?

I need to mention that I consider the mechanics for the sith raid awesome but almost forcing us to auto the battles to save time we don't get to enjoy them
  • HanSolo141 wrote: »
    Paying for a game is one thing. Getting a legitimate something for something would be amazing. Paying for the chance to get a whole lot of shards I don't want from chromiums is a waste of my money. So the developers heard us, at an extreme premium cost of 10$ for more than likely 10 shards I can get the shards I need. That's controlling the whole market. Ptw only has a luster for so long, but people always move on to the newest shiny.
    I'm frankly amazed at the amounts people spend to purchase one single character in a game with so many characters, one gun, one vehicle etc.
    Each to their own, but the price of just one character to 7* is comparable to at least 3 console games.
    That just doesn't sit well with me. Maybe I'm stingy, but I'd feel conned spending that, for that.
    Especially when you consider that you don't actually own it, anyway. You've just paid to be able to use it here.
    Then throw in the gambling element, with a chance to win a variable amount of something for a fee.
    That's not something I want to validate, for sure.

As you say though, it's all about the latest, but soon to be superceded, shiny...
  • CG_Carrie wrote: »
    And we're done for the evening, thanks to everyone for participating! We are going home, and will be leaving this open for reference and discussion.

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes Producers here:

Carrie Gouskos, Senior Producer [CVG]
    Nick Reinhart, Live Producer [NR]
    Erik Larsen, Player Lifecycle Producer [EL]

As mentioned in this post we want to get to the bottom of some of the core questions and concerns that have been bubbling up.

If you have a question about anything pertaining to Galaxy of Heroes, please reply below. We will then take the question and respond to it in the first few replies in this thread to surface our answers to the top. We will address as many questions as possible from 8:30PM-10:30PM PDT.

We will also preserve this Q&A for people to read later.

Due to the huge response, we are focusing on answering one question per person moving forward. We don't want to self-select, so please put forward the question you want answered the most. We will keep the others for later so we know they need answering, but we'd like to answer as many people as possible.

Instead of having to go thru the motions and add each piece of gear one by one. Could there just be an automatic upgrade button if we have all the gear for that character? Just a convenience
  • Hello

Just a quick question... Should we be saving up Galactic War Tokens for some future farming characters? (Perhaps FOE or others)
  • Hi @CG_Carrie

I would request you to consider my question on bringing Jar Jar Binks into the game in the next Q&A session.

Jar Jar Binks can bring an element of fun and unpredictability into the game, which I believe is somewhat lacking.

Suggestion would be to make him a decent toon with good abilities and multi faction synergies.

What better day to release him than "April Fool's day". Will wait for him on 1 April 2018!

Regards,
    A fool for fun

PS: why so serious?
  • Hi @CG_Carrie

Thanks for the recent movements on communication with players.

I am not sure how many, but many might ask for mod management. I imagine that would take time to provide.

So, before getting that function, I would like to request mod changing for free.

If we wanted to remove mods, we would need to spend credit. I don't know why the game requires to waste players' resource except for business reason. If it didn't cost at all, mod management would be easier and would be able to try different setups as much as we need to do so. I just don't want to move around mods often because it costs a lot. I sometimes don't have enough credit for changing mods during raids or other modes.

Thank you for reading this.
  • Who else would like to see Snook and the Praetorian Guard for new characters in the game?
  • Who else would like to see Snook and the Praetorian Guard for new characters in the game?

The guard yes, Snoke no. Snoke is a joke, he was a gateway drug for Kylo to go full dark side. Nothing more. He’s even less of a footnote than Maul.
  • @CG_Carrie can you tell me where mk v stun guns can be farmed. From what I can see it's from two places. Shard shop with a super rare drop rate. Second place is guild event store which is the only place I can get g12 items from. So how am I supposed to level up the 90 or so characters which need these components? Didn't they used to be in the guild store? Can you put them back in there please.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    I just wanted to say been playing that new game I won't name and after a few days I love swgoh even more. When comparing both swgoh is a much much better game for any serious players interested in good balance and competitive play between whales and f2p. It's not even close with the way this new game has been set up at launch. Uninstalling it soon and going back to planning out my swgoh career for the next two years at least. :smiley:
  • Thanks for your time and your efforts that makes SWGOH a good game, even after 1-2 years playing. Can you please change the drop of daily challenges. Most of the drops are not useful.
  • Shardz
    12 posts Member
    What can be done to stop Arena collusions? I try diligently to do good during payout. Problem is in my server there are 3 members from the same guild who run the Arena via collusions on various chat sites. Basically, get hit constantly even though I try consistently. I'm getting tired of doing refreshes to keep a decent rank. Please help on this matter. Thanks for your time and attention.
  • AngelVazzana
    541 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Hi I was wondering if we was ever going to get a guarantee drop of a zeta in the challenges that shows up. It's so hard to get them unless you buy them. I only get 1 or 2 to drop a month through the challenges and it's very disheartening tbh. I literally buy everyone I have ever gotten but a few. With all the zetaed toons in this game getting 1 guarantee drop is nothing big really to ask for. I know me and a bunch of others would surely appreciate it because this game is already a major grind. I appreciate you all reading this and I truly hope you at least consider it. I pay hundreds of dollars a month to help support this game because I care so much about it. Thank you
  • [QUESTION: zakore] Will we start getting a new beta testing process in place? We know only specific players are given access to the beta gameplay however those same folks are utilizing that time to “test the game” to prepare their own rosters to exploit bugs while they last, not report the bugs the correct ways to your teams, and then reap the benefits until your team fixes it. This is not only an unfair practice to everyday players but also creates an even wider gap between your core player base and the elites that are given this special access. I hope you can understand why this is important to your core player base.

[NR] We're constantly looking for more ways to engage with players about upcoming/unrevealed content. There's a balancing act here that's tricky for us, insofar that we have to get enough players engaged so that the results are relevant and we can make useful changes, but also do our best to protect against leaks and other information getting into the general wild before we are ready to deploy. We have recently deployed an unrestricted beta that anyone could sign up for with Territory Wars and deployed a modified "obscured" beta for the Sith Triumvirate. This is an indicator of our desire to find a way that the beta can fit everyone (including us).

One solution could be to have open beta testing weekends, that serve two purposes. Finding bugs, and seeing how the system operates when hammered on. This would result in piles of data. At the end of the weekend/testing the Raid/Event/Whatever is again turned off and we go about our business. This will help you find problems, and gives everyone a glimpse at how the final system will work, barring any glaring issues resulting in sweeping changes (i.e. expose changes in SRT). .This "Glimpse" levels the playing field.
  • Is Yoda going to get a new rework? Is the only legendary character that sucks
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb when are we getting another QnA? Seems like you guys need to come out in the open and start being open about several things going on in the game and the forum