When is DN “toppled” in p1 of Sith raid?

Dwinkelm
766 posts Member
So a couple guild mates and I notice that Nihilus’ cooldowns seem to jump around quite a bit in p1.

According to the information summary, DN gains one bonus action whenever he isn’t toppled. However, I personally can’t tell when he IS toppled, as there isn’t a “weakening” animation like there is in other phases and other raids. I kind of assumed he is toppled when Assassin and Marauder are defeated, is this the case?

Also, has anybody else noticed how his cooldowns seem to jump/decrease quicker than they should? I feel like I’ve seen a counter of 3 on Annihilate and seem to trigger in one sequence of events without any of my toons taking any actions. I KNOW I’ve seen it trigger many times in one sequence when the counter is at 2, and same for his Drain Force ability.

Has anybody out there experienced this, and can anybody clarify when DN is toppled? Thanks a bunch in advance for everybody’s help

Replies

• Nihilus does not get toppled in p1, his basic removes buffs, which speeds up the cooldown on annihilate as well as force drain, that's likely where the cooldown jumps are coming from that you noticed.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Nihilus does not get toppled in p1, his basic removes buffs, which speeds up the cooldown on annihilate as well as force drain, that's likely where the cooldown jumps are coming from that you noticed.
    His other special will reduce the cooldown on Annihilate by one per living minion, too. So if you're ignoring them, that'll cost you.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Dwinkelm
    766 posts Member
    Ok I think I got it, thanks folks

A little confusing that they’d put in a description of his behavior when not toppled when he never topples. Oh well, live & learn
  • There is no way to topple the AAT in phase 3 either. The main gun fires regardless of what you do. DN phase 1 is a mess if you muck around.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to Sith raid sub forum.
  • Thats just the generic fearsome foe description. There are many situations where you cant topple that raid boss. P1 and 4 of pit. P1 and 3 of haat. All of them apart from p3 of sith raid.
  • Ok guys, the original question was how you tell if a raid boss is toppled; is there an animation? Is there an ability that topples? Is it an eventual thing in raids that enemies topple? Those of us that don’t know would like to know instead of only hearing the academic discussions of why Darth Nihilus cannot be toppled. Please pardon my being curt. This applies to Aurra Singh as well for her supposed ability during raids.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I miss 2018 too.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • HSTR: only Traya in p3 can be toppled when her 3 sabres are taken out and she kneels
    Tank: the tank can be toppled in p2 and p4, when the 3 gun turrets are taken out and it falls on the ground
    Rancor: can be toppled in p3/4 when you hit the door button
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    p2/p3 for rancor @DarjeloSalas
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Come back in 2 years and I’ll have fixed it
This discussion has been closed.