Serious discussion about TB difficulty!

Ok so here's the deal, I could be happy with my 5 waves completed and I could just shut up about this but honestly I can't. I want to talk about this because I think it's important.

So I'm going to the phase 6 combat, the one that requires rebels only in the middle territory. I run CLS lead, Han, Biggs, Wedge and Ackbar.

My CLS is at g12 with 2 post 12 pieces and 2 zetas in his two uniques. My Han is also G12, zetad and with all 3 post 12 pieces. My Biggs g12 no post 12 pieces, my Wedge and Ackbar at g11.

All but Biggs and Ackbar modded with decent crit damage mods, decent speeds too. I beat the 4 waves easily and then on the 5th wave I lose Wedge, Han, Biggs and Ackbar... CLS 1v1 vs the last mob and into wave 6.

At wave 6 he gets blown up by an imperial probe droid with almost full protection, full health and in his 100% tenacity mode. He revives with the debuff and he end up getting one shotted by the air strike.

Now can anyone tell why my triple zeta, 3 g12, 2 g11 team with CLS and Han end up getting obliterated in wave 5 and just barely making it past it. What are we expected to do? This seems so wrong! Not to mention that in the last wave every single enemy was a special character with the special buff, which are much tankier and much stronger. So even if my team made it intact into the last wave I would get blown up anyways.

What are we expected to bring to the table? All g12 maximum post 12 pieces and even then I doubt I would have beaten it!

Come on CG, this is unacceptable and you know it!

Replies

• Azza
    245 posts Member
    How much of the ship and land platoon was filled up?
  • They do know it’s unfair and don’t care. It’s end game content. Clearly it’s your fault for bringing GS 11 Akbar in. /sarcasm

In all honesty, the whole end game theory is garbage. It’s pure speed. The devs give the opposing force, be it Rebels DSTB or Empire LSTB a major speed boost far above player achievable speed to styme players. They do the same with mythics and ship battle challenges. It’s why I am pressing for a 220 speed cap for ALL NPC and player encounters. Had to happen in WOW to stifle magic users and it needs to happen here
  • Azza wrote: »

All but he ones requiring hermit yoda
  • IlkhanHo
    88 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    It's all about good distribution.

https://swgoh.gg/u/ilkhanho/

This is my rooster, not a huge thing, but capable to get 112/114 waves, and all the special missions (excepto the last one, because i don't have CHS at 7* yet). And we didn't get all the platoons completed, not even near.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    BazeMalbus wrote: »
    Azza wrote: »

How many? And how many squadrons?
    (I believe, that's what Azza wanted to ask).

And what about in the previous phase (the squadrons/platoons that affected the area in phase 6).

What was your enemy team in eave 5? Who did you stun? Did you consider, that you don't have much healing in your team?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to LS TB sub forum.

Can you define decent speed?
  • Waqui wrote: »

And what about in the previous phase (the squadrons/platoons that affected the area in phase 6).

What was your enemy team in eave 5? Who did you stun? Did you consider, that you don't have much healing in your team?

Dude I got 5/5 elites in wave 6, I usually stun the IPDs but what's the point it's not like we can practice.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Way faster than I should have to for TB
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Waqui wrote: »

Dude I got 5/5 elites in wave 6, I usually stun the IPDs but what's the point it's not like we can practice.

I asked about the enemy team in wave 5. Wave 6 is irrelevant to me, since it was in wave 5, you lost 4 of your own toons. If you really want a 'serious discussion' as the thread title suggests, you should be more specific. 5 elites is not very specific.

So, you usually stun the IPDs. Did you consider stunning elite snowtroopers to prevent counters? Or snowtrooper ops to prevent them from removing Han's buffs from your team? And that IPDs don't really need to be stunned until they can blow up if there are more important targets to stun?
  • Waqui wrote: »

I asked about the enemy team in wave 5. Wave 6 is irrelevant to me, since it was in wave 5, you lost 4 of your own toons. If you really want a 'serious discussion' as the thread title suggests, you should be more specific. 5 elites is not very specific.

So, you usually stun the IPDs. Did you consider stunning elite snowtroopers to prevent counters? Or snowtrooper ops to prevent them from removing Han's buffs from your team? And that IPDs don't really need to be stunned until they can blow up if there are more important targets to stun?

It wouldn't have mattered I only have 1 stun
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Great answer.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

oh ok....
  • BazeMalbus wrote: »

I see your trolling again, try getting good mods, and playing better. Everyone here went 6/6 in that mission, mebbe listen to experience, cuz yours is sorely lacking.
  • Maybe the problem is you have 5 squishy toons with no taunt? There is no defense there whatsoever.

I see your trolling again, try getting good mods, and playing better. Everyone here went 6/6 in that mission, mebbe listen to experience, cuz yours is sorely lacking.

Dude the same mods that keep me in the 20s in arena I used for this mission. You are the troll it seems. I am not gonna sit here and specifically tell you every single speed value. The mods are good, they couldn't be that much better. Crit damage, 5 dot, speeds around 60-85

Dude the same mods that keep me in the 20s in arena I used for this mission. You are the troll it seems. I am not gonna sit here and specifically tell you every single speed value. The mods are good, they couldn't be that much better. Crit damage, 5 dot, speeds around 60-85

Your posts claiming, good enough for TB, that's the joke, cuz if they really were good enough, you would have won, not lost the battle. As such, your posting nonsense and it's rather cute in a way
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

It wouldn't have mattered I only have 1 stun

Erm.....ok. Just keep stunning IPDs then. Good luck with your 'serious discussion'.

Over and out.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    I think u are lack of stability.. akbar is dead weight. Wiggs don't work well on long battle with cls lead bcause they have trouble in regen health. Maybe u can try with cls lead, han, r2, chaze?
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    I think u are lack of stability.. akbar is dead weight. Wiggs don't work well on long battle with cls lead bcause they have trouble in regen health. Maybe u can try with cls lead, han, r2, chaze?

You can't use chaze cause they are needed in the rogue one mission
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    lmao
    yea, there's clearly something wrong with the difficulty, you only getting 4/6 waves has nothing to do with anything on your end. xD
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    I used CLS (G11), Raid Han (G10, zeta), STH (g11), Lando (G11) and R2(G11, zeta on number crunch) I don't have good mods on them and I completed the combat mission.
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    I’m curious if there are any game modes that you don’t complain about the difficulty of?

Also...people are asking you questions to try to help you out and you are (rudely) shutting them down. So obviously you are just here to complain (again) rather than look for actual help in getting through.
    Good luck with that though!
  • Nocturnal_Glow
    97 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I 6/6 with my zzCLS lead, zzR2, zrHan, and wigs. The zetas on Luke are leader and unique. My wigs are only G11 and 10 while the others are G12 so you should be able to pass it
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »
    I’m curious if there are any game modes that you don’t complain about the difficulty of?

Maybe the STR challenge?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    RacerDejak wrote: »

You can't use chaze cause they are needed in the rogue one mission

Sorry my bad i forget :frowning: