Guess I’ll start the Greedo talks...

Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    I don’t understand the Jango love. He’s just a less cool Boba clone. I mean, technically Boba is the clone, but whatever.

Honestly I get the Jango love more than the Boba love... Boba looked neat in one movie, had no lines, and then got eaten by a grue in a second movie. It took fanfic to rescue him from the sarlac and tell more stories in the EU.

Jango had a bit of canon story and looked just as cool.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Honestly I get the Jango love more than the Boba love... Boba looked neat in one movie, had no lines, and then got eaten by a grue in a second movie. It took fanfic to rescue him from the sarlac and tell more stories in the EU.

Boba had 4 lines in Empire. Not as many as Jango, but he did have a pretty sweet tip of the cap to Boushh in Jaba's palace

"As you wish." - Boba Fett to Vader
    "What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."
    "He's no good to me dead."
    "Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold."

• Options
    I don’t understand the Jango love. He’s just a less cool Boba clone. I mean, technically Boba is the clone, but whatever.

THANK YOU. Also, who doesn’t want more bounty hunters? We all know they’re (currently) kind of terrible, and relatively useless.
  • JKRevan
    156 posts Member
    Options
    KueChael wrote: »
    I think Jango would make a good character in game. Until a Mace Windu remake shows up. But I’m not gonna lose my head over it. ;)

You wouldnt, but jango would, hes that kind of guy
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    7 star greedo is the best character in game...for pre-registering 0 damage in Rancor.

No, that's Hermit Yoda
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options

Less cool? He had 1,000% more lines, his armor looks far more awesome, and he was involved in more than one fight scene.

And sometimes less is more, particularly when it comes to Lucas’ prequel writing. Boba was menacing. Jango was as bad as just about everything else in the prequels.
  • Options
    Hskull55 wrote: »
    7 star greedo is the best character in game...for pre-registering 0 damage in Rancor.

No, that's Hermit Yoda

Bodhi Rook... best piggie chow ever
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Boba is the coolest cookie in the Star Wars Universe, he is everything everyone else wish they were (yes Revan and all that, I love him too but Boba is Boba). For further questions I refer you to the song “Fett’s Vette”.
  • Options
    Boba was menacing. Jango was as bad as just about everything else in the prequels.

Excellently put. My thoughts put more eloquently.

• Options

Less cool? He had 1,000% more lines, his armor looks far more awesome, and he was involved in more than one fight scene.

And sometimes less is more, particularly when it comes to Lucas’ prequel writing. Boba was menacing. Jango was as bad as just about everything else in the prequels.

I’m sure this is going to end with an “agreed to disagree”, but Boba got shot by a half blind Han, and fell into the Sarlac Pit. Jango was strong/ smart/ killer enough to be selected as the prime cloning person, killed like 6 Jedi, got ran over by a giant animal, and only died because his equipment malfunctioned.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Boba is Jango. Actually all clones were Jango. So technically Jango is in the game, just not in name.
  • Steel_Memes
    105 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

I do love Jango, probably more than Boba (I grew up with the prequels, him and Grevious were my favourites) but what I like about Boba in the originals is his presence. The way Vader, the guy that looks like the ultimate evil, has to single him out for his ruthlessness with the "No disintegrations" line. And there's the little bit of backtalk he gives him later. Really anyone who looks Vader dead in the eye and doesn't squirm is pretty badass in my book.
    Post edited by Steel_Memes on
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Really anyone who looks Vader dead in the eye and doesn't squirm is pretty badass in my book.

This. No fear whatsoever. No masters. Beholden to none.

• Options
    Really anyone who looks Vader dead in the eye and doesn't squirm is pretty badass in my book.

Except Jabba.
  • Options

Exactly. You don’t need lots of dialogue to be intimidating. Boba had a presence about him. That’s why he was such a fan favorite despite his lack of dialogue and screen time.
  • Options

I’m sure this is going to end with an “agreed to disagree”, but Boba got shot by a half blind Han, and fell into the Sarlac Pit. Jango was strong/ smart/ killer enough to be selected as the prime cloning person, killed like 6 Jedi, got ran over by a giant animal, and only died because his equipment malfunctioned.

Perhaps this is generational. Jango, like so much else from the prequels, seemed to me like a bad impression of something that worked in the original trilogy, complete with a child sidekick. Boba would have killed Han, Chewie and Lando if not for Jedi Luke’s intervention. His equipment also malfunctioned. But he was more intimidating BECAUSE he didn’t say much. A real badass doesn’t have to tell you how much of a badass he is.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

I do love Jango, probably more than Boba (I grew up with the prequels, him and Grevious were my favourites) but what I like about Boba in the originals is his presence. The way Vader, the guy that looks like the ultimate evil, has to single him out for his ruthlessness with the "No disintegrations" line. And there's the little bit of backtalk he gives him later. Really anyone who looks Vader dead in the eye and doesn't squirm is pretty badass in my book.

When he "looks vader dead in the eye", if you look closely you can actually see he had his eyes closed under his helmet.

Boba was pretty much grunt lackey material in the OT.

Jango gave no ****. Dude just casually has a 1v1 with Kenobi.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    there is a version they will just nerf Greedos performance in raid! Lol
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    Could be both, then they nerf Greedo he's to good in the sith raid.
  • Sunod10
    211 posts Member
    Options
    Nope
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    Options
    Who killed more Jedi, Jango or Boba?
  • Options
    SeanutB wrote: »
    Who killed more Jedi, Jango or Boba?

That's pointless, people will choose Boba over Jango every time just because they think prequels are bad.

Both Fetts are badass, all the hate towards the prequels is lame AF, end of story.
  • Options
    Out of the Top 10 posts under “General Discussion”, there are only two without a Developer Response. This is one of them, and that makes me sad.
  • Options
    To what end? whats the point? hope something comes out info wise soon.
  • Options
    nickalleye wrote: »
    ...all the hate towards the prequels is lame AF, end of story.

You've seen them, right?

:neutral:

• Options

You've seen them, right?

Yeah, many times actually. And I really like all those characters added to the SW lore. Lightsaber battles were awesome. I know Jar Jar and Hayden Christensen suck, but I can look beyond that.
  • Options

You've seen them, right?

The prequels make up in CGI and FX where the OG trilogy lacked and the OG trilogy made up in script/acting where the prequels slacked imho
  • Options
    Yeah, many times actually. And I really like all those characters added to the SW lore. Lightsaber battles were awesome. I know Jar Jar and Hayden Christensen suck, but I can look beyond that.

Pulling yer leg mate, it's all good. Would be a dull old world if we all thought the same thing! :smile:

• Options
    Embo's gonna come. He's going to be a straight up powerhouse and maybe a trick for healing and he'll be a must use for STR and make a deep dent in DS TB. #soon
    #AcolyteShootsTwice