So are we going to play ping pong?

I know this may be an excessive amount of attention I'm paying to this but honestly I don't like it when I'm taken advantage of. It's not necessarily the money aspect of it as much as it is the principle.

I didn't get the free carbanti that came with the forum pop ups and so I decided to post about it here. This is actually my 3rd post about this and I really hate to repeat myself but let me explain.

I open up a discussion about how I didn't receive the carbanti and a moderator closed the discussion and asks me to open a ticket for it. I do exactly that but when I speak to the representative he tells me he's gonna report the bug and that I should go to the forum and report it as well. But he says he can't add gear to my account.

I come back to the forums where I post another discussion, the second one and again the moderator closed the discussion and gives me a link. The link takes me to another discussion where it says I need to open a ticket...

I go back to the website and I open another ticket so I get another representative who tells me that I need to go back to the forum and report it and keep an eye out for information in the forums. I explained to him that's what I did the first time and that a moderator sent me back to customer support but he insists I should go to the forums.

This is a ping pong, back and forth which I'm sure it's purpose is to tire people and make us quit asking for it.

I also told the guy over the phone that if the devs come with an apology email and give everyone a carbanti then that's still unfair because for most people it's gonna be their second but for us it's gonna be the first. This doesn't solve the inequality and doesn't put us in the same page with the other players. The guy then says that they will keep the information of all the players who reported the bug and they will only give it to them.

I push back and I ask what happens if people lie and get a second one and his answer is that the devs know who got it and who didn't!!!

I mean does this guy think I'm an ****? If the devs already know who got one and who didn't they would have fixed the issue right away! This guy is basically lying to me!

So at this point I'm pretty sure we're gonna end up with a situation that's very familiar. A small percentage of people don't get the rewards, then the devs end up giving some crumbs to everyone with an apology email, including those who already got the rewards in the first place which doesn't solve the unfair and unequal situation and then we all get to forget it eventually!

I mean a carbanti is 1400 crystals which is over $10. To some people it may be nothing but not to everyone. Also if you support the idea that 1400 crystals are nothing to make such a bug buzz about it, then why doesn't EA just give me 1400 crystals instead of redirecting me to forums and making me waste my time? If a multi billion dollar corporation cares more about 1400 crystals than its peace of mind, then why should I give it up and stop asking for it?

For real though, I want this ping pong to end, I want this injustice to be over and I want a final and definitive answer to this issue without someone pointing me out to a thread that points me to the customer support, which points me back to the forum!!!

Replies

• FYI

Calling is much more effectice than opening a ticket.

Speak to a live person and calmy expain what happened.
  • Why do I got this feeling you got it, but trying to take advantage and get another one.
  • Why do I got this feeling you got it, but trying to take advantage and get another one.

To be fair, I think he got it on one account but not the other ;)
  • Carrie
    122 posts Member
    BazeMalbus wrote: »
    I open up a discussion about how I didn't receive the carbanti and a moderator closed the discussion and asks me to open a ticket for it. I do exactly that but when I speak to the representative he tells me he's gonna report the bug and that I should go to the forum and report it as well. But he says he can't add gear to my account.
    Please DM me your CS ticket number so I can figure out who you spoke to. Our Customer Support team has been provided with the info on how to grant the missing items, but we are also going to be running a script to catch anybody that wasn't caught by Support. You should receive it in the next couple of days (I don't want to promise an exact date as it requires people other than me doing a bit of work.) But it is coming.
    The mods were right, we don't handle individual bug posts in the forums.
    Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    CG_Carrie wrote: »

You guys should though! It ran so much smoother when it was handled here
  • @CG_Carrie
    Who is running the support center? Is it EA or CG when we call? The issue seems to be coming from EA not getting the message. I have played ping pong with support center until I got a tech who understood what was going on and fixed the issue for me.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    This is a ping pong, back and forth which I'm sure it's purpose is to tire people and make us quit asking for it.

This is exactly the purpose. Its SWGOH.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

This is absolutely true. There hasn't been a single bug report that I or my guild mates have posted on "EA Answers" that has been corrected or taken care of since the switch. The handful of things that have been fixed/addreswes are only when they are addressed/posted here ir on Reddit.

In the interest of honesty, EA answers is pretty much useless.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Are.
  • Ah there's always one
  • srgj88
    102 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

This is absolutely true. There hasn't been a single bug report that I or my guild mates have posted on "EA Answers" that has been corrected or taken care of since the switch. The handful of things that have been fixed/addreswes are only when they are addressed/posted here ir on Reddit.

Agreed. If I ever post on here and someone says I need to open a ticket...their job is done because there's no chance I do. I've opened multiple tickets, and not a single one has ever been given a response or a solution. It's just a waste of time. I believe the new bug-system is just a hoax to get us to stop complaining.
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    srgj88 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Agreed. If I ever post on here and someone says I need to open a ticket...their job is done because there's no chance I do. I've opened multiple tickets, and not a single one has ever been given a response or a solution. It's just a waste of time. I believe the new bug-system is just a hoax to get us to stop complaining.

Not really a hoax, but it is seriously ineffective. Unfortunately, most BPO based tech support solutions tend to be more focused around a rush to contact resolution. Companies focus on incentivizing closing a ticket within a set AHT metric, which naturally leads to poor outcomes.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Please DM me your CS ticket number so I can figure out who you spoke to. Our Customer Support team has been provided with the info on how to grant the missing items, but we are also going to be running a script to catch anybody that wasn't caught by Support. You should receive it in the next couple of days (I don't want to promise an exact date as it requires people other than me doing a bit of work.) But it is coming.

This.