Regarding Heroine Bundle Purchases

Prev13456710
Thank you for all of your feedback on the recent changes we introduced to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes. We understand that many of you purchased the Heroine pack to receive Barriss Offee for her powerful healing abilities, and that after her rebalancing you feel she isn’t the best option for many of your squad compositions. While this was a necessary change to make for the long term health of the game, we realize it could have come sooner so purchase decisions could be made with complete information.

Our players are very important to us, and that is why we are going to send a gift next week to the inboxes of players who purchased the Heroine pack between 11/24/2015 and 12/18/2015. While it is always a struggle to make each and every one of our players happy, we will always strive to accomplish that, and we hope that this step we are taking will help us reach that goal.

Thank you all for playing Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes as we continue to make the game bigger and better for everyone.
Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz

Replies

• Cool. Hopefullybits worth it
  • oooo i can't wait to see what it is now!!! 100 shards!? 1 Vader shard!? Free Ewok!?
  • I'm OK with this fair enough cheers
  • Do those who got the refund also get the gift? If so the best gift of all would be the inevitable ewok tears and that would be...delicious.
  • Hope it fair

Ty
  • Indeterminate comp....well, I hope it's pretty amazing.
  • got 250 shards in my inbox, i assume this is what thats from.
  • @shampoo no, that is a bonus from Apple for iOS players.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • oh ok thanks for the clarifcation. i wish they would sent a message with the gifts lol.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Thank you for the acknowledgment of the concern many have expressed.

Springing stuff on paying customers hasn't been taken very well so far.

A bit more communication from EA would make a big difference here, such as telling people what the gift will be rather than just issuing it like the Barris nerf.

For example, Barriss shards would likely not be appreciated and could cause further backlash.

I would also like to suggest putting a time frame on any changes to purchased products and providing this information to buyers before purchase.

We are aware game changes can and will be made, the time frame and cost of the products is very relevant here.

For example, when purchasing a product include acknowledgment prompt with information stating:

Items purchased are subject to changes which may be deemed suitable for balancing gameplay experience. This will not occur prior to 1 month from purchase.

If something like that were applied, most importantly the time frame, it would help avoid this issue in the future.

Personally, I still would have bought the Dooku, but not Heroin starter if I was informed nerfs could be made within a week from purchase.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Glad to see they didn't just sweep it under the rug....thx SWGOH development team.....ofcourse we will wait and see what's given back...but the fact they've decided to act on this, then to just snub their collective noses at us, goes a long way in my book.

Lack of customer support/ give a rats @$! Is why I, an most of are top 10 squad, left SW Commander .....
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Thank you for the acknowledgement and the gesture. I still think it would have been better to slightly denerf her. Her main heal is simply too low now for a character that only heals, imo.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • I appreciate the attention given to this matter. Naturally when nerfing content so soon after charging a premium for it, there will be questions. It just sends a poor message to paying customers.

With that said, I am glad EA/CG are addressing it and I enjoy the game so I withheld from asking for a refund to see the response.

I assume the decision to not reduce the Barris nerf is taken with a long term view of knowing how she shakes out at max levels, but she definitely is one of the lower utility options now. Hope the gift makes up for it!
  • Nice to see you're deleting all the posts that aren't enthusiastically supportive of your resolution.

Countdown to this post getting deleted too in 5... 4... 3...
  • AaronNemoyten
    74 posts
    edited December 2015
    Nice to see you're deleting all the posts that aren't enthusiastically supportive of your resolution.

Joke's on you, I'm quoting your post in my post, and nobody's going to delete my post.

Seriously though, our goal is to keep the conversation constructive, NOT to keep it strictly positive. One post has been deleted from this thread so far, and it was excessively negative and completely unconstructive.

As I've mentioned in other threads, criticism and complaining are totally okay as long as it's civil.

-Aaron

edit: In case it wasn't clear, one of the reasons I'm quoting this is as a gesture to show that we are NOT deleting all negative posts.
  • Destark
    81 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Now I feel much better after reading this, truth is, I dont even care if the gift will be awesome or not, as long as the developers care, Im all good~ If I have to guess the gift would be 65 Barriss shards, so a 5* Barriss would cancel out some of the nerf
    Post edited by Destark on
  • Thanks for addressing this, and for offering compensation towards restoring good faith within the game when making purchases. The problem wasn't so much the nerf, it was the small amount of time the character existed as sold.

I'd like to encourage fellow purchasers of the pack to assess the compensation in a fair manner and not create more negativity over this experience if the gift isn't something like a 7* Darth Maul.
  • Nice to see you're deleting all the posts that aren't enthusiastically supportive of your resolution.

Joke's on you, I'm quoting your post in my post, and nobody's going to delete my post.

Seriously though, our goal is to keep the conversation constructive, NOT to keep it strictly positive. One post has been deleted from this thread so far, and it was excessively negative and completely unconstructive.

As I've mentioned in other threads, criticism and complaining are totally okay as long as it's civil.

-Aaron

edit: In case it wasn't clear, one of the reasons I'm quoting this is as a gesture to show that we are NOT deleting all negative posts.

OK, I do have to LOL at that. :smile:

Suffice it to say that I think the right answer needs to include easing the nerf back to somewhere in between "then" and "now", and that I'm upset that there's no recognition that it's more than just the initial pack purchase that was invested in this toon (especially for those who got her someway other than the $50 pack in the first place).
  • Destark
    81 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Thanks for addressing this, and for offering compensation towards restoring good faith within the game when making purchases. The problem wasn't so much the nerf, it was the small amount of time the character existed as sold.

I'd like to encourage fellow purchasers of the pack to assess the compensation in a fair manner and not create more negativity over this experience if the gift isn't something like a 7* Darth Maul.

lol If its a 7* Darth Maul I bet at least half the players will buy the Heroine pack today
  • Thanks for addressing this, and for offering compensation towards restoring good faith within the game when making purchases. The problem wasn't so much the nerf, it was the small amount of time the character existed as sold.

What?! No free7* maul.......I was hoping for ....." you get a maul, you get a mual....EVERYONE gets a maul!!!
  • Pokebreaker
    734 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Thanks for addressing this, and for offering compensation towards restoring good faith within the game when making purchases. The problem wasn't so much the nerf, it was the small amount of time the character existed as sold.

If they are not receiving an OP character to replace their previously purchased OP character, they will probably riot. That is the common mentality of a P2W player across most games.

Regardless, from a customer service perspective, it is a move made in good taste for the preservation of getting those who have already spent, to spend more later. Although, I doubt they understand the lesson about game balance, as they believe their purchase entitles them to throw off the balance of the game for everyone else.

Maybe the devs can use this thread as a platform to educate the player base on general game balance procedures, so the brand new gamers don't act surprised next time they buy an OP character.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Let's do all of ourselves a favor and keep the expectations low. I am not anticipating much.. hope i am wrong. ..
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Caspertricks
    46 posts Member
    edited December 2015

If they are not receiving an OP character to replace their previously purchased OP character, they will probably riot. That is the common mentality of a P2W player across most games.

Regardless, from a customer service perspective, it is a move made in good taste for the preservation of getting those who have already spent, to spend more later.

I've bought heroine, the 100 pack dooku and several crystal packs and just want to put it like this if I bought 10000 crystals and spent none for 2 weeks only to log onto the game and find out I suddenly had 9000 crystals because crystal rebalancing was needed I would be a little upset

Outside of the ragers and screamers I'm sure that's how most of us feel, will that stop me from buying the next bundle.. No I love this game

Will a ewok shard as an act of good faith make me feel better about it yea becauae more than anything it shows ea understands and that's what it's all about for us folks who happily spend money on games we enjoy.
  • I've bought heroine, the 100 pack dooku and several crystal packs and just want to put it like this if I bought 10000 crystals and spent none for 2 weeks only to log onto the game and find out I suddenly had 9000 crystals because crystal rebalancing was needed I would be a little upset

Outside of the ragers and screamers I'm sure that's how most of us feel, will that stop me from buying the next bundle.. No I love this game

Will a ewok shard as an act of good faith make me feel better about it yea becauae more than anything it shows ea understands and that's what it's all about for us folks who happily spend money on games we enjoy.

currency is an entirely different issue, as it can be devalued better by increasing the cost of items, rather than taking taking away from the current stockpile. Regardless, I get what you mean, and from a consumer perspective, I agree with the grievance.

The Veteran gamer side of me thinks otherwise though. Because myself and others understand nerfing and buffing is part of every game, especially multiplayer games. So the nerf on this character could be seen coming from a mile away. However, that didn't stop people from spending on a clearly OP character, because all they wanted was a clear cut advantage, with no drawbacks.

Even in console games, where most everyone is on an equal "paid" playing field, weapons and items get nerfed and buffed to keep proper balance of generally fair gameplay. None of the games that I've previously purchased on console and computer are in the same state as when I first bought them, and I have no grounds to complain, because most of the changes are statistically necessary for balance. Singe of the changes effected me, and others didn't. However, as humans, when we are receiving the advantage, we rarely want to step back and say "yeah, this thing I bought is to powerful, and I will protest it purely on principle". We instead create justifications to keep ourselves on top, in hopes that our advantage is not removed or noticed. It happens in many aspects of life.

I respect those that contribute and understand the purpose of game balance. I laugh at those who pay to win, then throw a fit when their advantage is naturally balanced out.
  • If I order and pay for a gourmet steak and halfway through my meal the waitress comes by switching my plate out for one with a **** on it, yea not acceptable.

Trust is not easily regained once lost. I'm waiting to see what your compensation is before deciding if my support and spending continues.

If this turns out being a gimmick, well I hope some of the whiny f2p profiles on this board starts chipping in to pay your salaries.

Have a good Weekend!
  • You mean we are all getting Mauls? So wait does that mean we are going to get mauled?
  • If I order and pay for a gourmet steak and halfway through my meal the waitress comes by switching my plate out for one with a **** on it, yea not acceptable.

Trust is not easily regained once lost. I'm waiting to see what your compensation is before deciding if my support and spending continues.

If this turns out being a gimmick, well I hope some of the whiny f2p profiles on this board starts chipping in to pay your salaries.

Have a good Weekend!

That analogy doesn't work, as you don't sign a Terms of Service agreement prior to buying the steak. And if you are, then that is a weird steakhouse, and you should probably read the entire contract BEFORE agreeing to it. BEFORE! By breezing through contract terms, you open yourself up for trouble, because you don't even realize what you have agreed to. It reminds me of the Human CENTiPAD episode of South Park.

http://imgur.com/DR3YNVM

Maybe you should check out the Terms of Service prior to creating future accounts, and you might be surprised by exactly what you are giving up in creating an account with certain companies.

Here is EA's: I'd suggest reading the entire thing (seeing how you agreed to everything within during the account creation process), but particularly the disclaimer at the top, as well as paragraphs 3, 4, 5, and 10.

http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
  • Tryban
    114 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    General game balance? Guess it depends on definition of balance.
    Equal opportunity or equal outcome.
    There were plenty of other characters and strategies available, even to f2pers to counter Barriss and easily defeat her. I think it would have gone a long way to show some performance numbers to support such a massive nerf on her abilities so soon after launch.
    I think most wouldn't have been so outraged if she were nerfed a month or two down the road, after compiling and presenting supporting data to demonstrate that she was significantly out performing similar characters in all situations. The only info I saw was that she was better than nearly all healers in many situations, which indicates she wasn't the best in all cases and that some are even better. What's wrong with a character being good, or even best?
    The perception is this nerf came because of a bunch of whiners, who either didn't have the character or weren't clever enough to find a way to neutralize her utility, and were upset they couldn't crack into top pvp rankings. I, and many others, didn't seem to have much difficulty defeating teams, even higher level, that had Barriss.
    She's classified as a healer, but that's not what she really does. Someone pointed to a great example with the challenge involving Savage Oppress wiping health, see how much Barriss actually "heals" compared to all other healers, she's the worst (Ahsoka who is a great attacker now is almost more useful as a healer than Barriss.) Her utility is equalizing health, not healing, which is why it appears she "heals" through a heal block.
    Based on the game update notes, looks like she'll be a little more viable as a healer after several ability upgrades. But that doesn't make how this all went down right, good, fair, or any other adjective to describe the "balancing" that took place.
    It is a relief that EA/CG recognize what happened and are making an attempt to compensate and make amends. Without a doubt, some will still be inconsolable, but I'm hoping the gift will be worthwhile. No, not expecting the moon. I at least hope they make her shards more readily available in ealier levels or one of the shipment stores. Other healers with overall better utility now are more easily obtained and doesn't seem to justify Barriss's current shard rarity. Either way, she isn't totally useless, but probably wouldn't have purchased a $50 pack with her in it at her post nerf levels. Maybe a $5-$10 like Dooku...lol
    "That is why you fail."
  • Anything short of a 4 star Luminara with enough gear to get her up to gear level 6 isn't going to cut it here. I paid hard earned money for the healer that was destroying me every time I came up against her. Not this current useless gimmick. Now I'm getting worked over having not gone after Luminara from day 1.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Terms of service keeps being thrown out here but your not smart marks (wrestling term for knowing the gimmicks)

Terms decide how your allowed to access content, not that they can not be legally liable and in fact if you agree to pay a million dollars in qurora tos as a legal example it's not binding in federal court because terms only apply to access not liability

So stop using tos as to refunds it makes you look ignorant to real law not that truth matters to rant I g internet tough guys

Secondly

Bragging you don't pay makes the developers sad, if you pay nothing your a leech on the game, sorry but that is truth , mobile games need leeches to build competition and strive to encourage purchasing trend but in the end if you do not spend the game ends

Why is that so hard to understand??????? Nothing is free ever and harassing those of us who do are not paying to win we are paying to play, what winning is there?? No money or prizes change hands it's a game.... The perception of your strategy to another's cash is just that a perception neither of us care except that one of us is supporting cg and the other is not

Have a wonderful night :)
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
This discussion has been closed.