Comparing Hans/can someone explain how this works??

So I looked into the veterans because they are under utilized in my opinion(besides rey) and thought another multi attack Han would work in arena BUT after watching YouTube videos i had some reservations.especially comparing damage output.
According to swgoh:
Han solo (raid han) has the following;
Physical damage 2496
Armor penetration 149
His basic deals 4387-4847
Veteran smuggler Han on the other han(d) lol
Physical damage 2520
Armor penetration 117
Basic deals 4826-5334
Now on these videos both g12 no extra pieces and even with vet Han zetad (provides bonus 50 armor penetration per debuff) he was hitting for around half the damage compared to raid han why?

Replies

• Because they have different kits? It's a game, I'm not quite sure what other explanation we need for this one.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Crit?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Leadership? Mods?
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    old age?
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    CD mods? Did Raid Han have a CD buff? Did his target have less than 50% turn meter? (His basic deals +75% if that's the case.)
  • https://swgoh.gg/characters/han-solo/
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/veteran-smuggler-han-solo/

while their basics are more or less on par with dmg (provided as stated above the solo is not getting +75% due to turn metter) The special abilities are not. Raid Han does almost tripple dmg compared to smuggler han, but it is a single target ability. Maybe this is causing your confusion?
  • Turasleon wrote: »
    Because they have different kits? It's a game, I'm not quite sure what other explanation we need for this one.

Really? It's a game? I'm trying to figure how the stats are so similar yet raid Han does double damage.
  • gufu21 wrote: »
    CD mods? Did Raid Han have a CD buff? Did his target have less than 50% turn meter? (His basic deals +75% if that's the case.)

Don't remember but almost every aspect above/below 50% tm, specials(which I understand due to the higher damage on raid hans) basically every scenario he was doubling or more vs vet Han
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Leadership? Mods?

Don't know mods, but in a mobile gamer video under st Han lead, it wasn't as apparent but raid Han was still hitting for 5-7k more on basic
  • Kiritoismyname
    845 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Lmao that han(d) XD
    M_L wrote: »
    old age?
    Very likely indeed. :3

Anyway, the real reason is. They have multipliers in-game which you cannot see. This, in turn, sometimes makes toons hit harder than their offensively stronger counterparts. Or makes them defend harder than their more armor counterparts. Hope that helps :3

So even though barriss has high list damage her actual damage is trash because her multiplier is like 0.8
    Whereas Han has a 1.85x on his basic, plus the second attack, x1.75 on top if they are less than 50% tm.
  • Lmao that han(d) XD
    old age?

Anyway, the real reason is. They have multipliers in-game which you cannot see. This, in turn, sometimes makes toons hit harder than their offensively stronger counterparts. Or makes them defend harder than their more armor counterparts. Hope that helps :3

So even though barriss has high list damage her actual damage is trash because her multiplier is like 0.8
    Whereas Han has a 1.85x on his basic, plus the second attack, x1.75 on top if they are less than 50% tm.

They do? That's interesting to know!
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Lmao that han(d) XD
    old age?

^^^ This. Also, why would they make a marquee character you can unlock in a day of farming hit harder than the raid reward that takes months to get?
  • Random9 wrote: »
    Lmao that han(d) XD
    old age?

^^^ This. Also, why would they make a marquee character you can unlock in a day of farming hit harder than the raid reward that takes months to get?

I didn't know about the multipliers, is there a site or thread that has more info?

And no, I wouldn't expect a marquee character to hit harder than a raid character, this question was solely based on the similar stats but large difference in damage numbers(making me confused). Thank you and @Kiritoismyname for the actual reasoning!
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    It's on swgoh.gg

Click the ability and look on the right side for the multiplier.
  • Mullato wrote: »
    It's on swgoh.gg

Thanks, but even in this scenario vet hans basic has a 2.0[something] multiplier and raid Han at 1.86 lol dang it all..
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Mullato wrote: »
    It's on swgoh.gg

Thanks, but even in this scenario vet hans basic has a 2.0[something] multiplier and raid Han at 1.86 lol dang it all..

Lots of variables on raid Han bro. You will need to state exact scenarios to figure it out.
  • Also, mod differences make a huge difference as well, and no two mod sets will be indentical , so to test you would need to test with no mods at all and similar gear levels
  • Turasleon wrote: »
    Because they have different kits? It's a game, I'm not quite sure what other explanation we need for this one.

Really? It's a game? I'm trying to figure how the stats are so similar yet raid Han does double damage.

Honestly, read the post wrong. Sorry!
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Veteran smuggler Han on the other han(d) lol

Very nice world play :)