Kylo and F2P......

It's nice that EA made all the newest additions farmable and I understand that Kylo will be the popular pick by most so logically, they make him the most difficult to farm. My opinion on Kylo is that if you are an F2P player like myself, trying to get him may waste a lot of time. I'd suggest you'd be better served getting someone else more easily farmable. Thoughts???

Replies

• .... Farming shards from Catina is easy.
  • NixHara wrote: »
    .... Farming shards from Catina is easy.

Agreed. They could have put him on a hard mode level and made tokens super rare. But cantina tokens are easy. I've gotten 4 tokens in 5 pulls. Above average results but still far from being unfarmable
  • It depends. The best idea is to farm one char until 7 stars. I made Talia 7* and was just undecided by Chewy or Consular. But they made the choice easy as I do like Kylo and every **** team will have him, as Counter is huge bonus in Arena, and his atomatic cooldown seems amazing to indefinitely blast AoE. I am pretty sure he will be used extensively in many different combinations. The ones that shell $100 will get to 7 pretty soon. But you don't need to use him in any team until ready - no disadvange. The only disadvantage here is you didn't pay $100 for the privilege to use him two weeks before others.

Now, when not to farm him? If you have a char are are in the middle of making that char useful, you have nothing if you switch for a long while. Better finish your current char now.

The last point is that the easier, fastest way to farm a char if you use some extra Crystals, is Cantina. Which is why Talia is my inly 7 star rigth now (ok, GW may be as fast and totally free if you get 1200 tokens every single time. But you cannot use any Crystals either there).
  • I'm f2p largely and on 20 Kylo shards already.
  • It depends. The best idea is to farm one char until 7 stars. I made Talia 7* and was just undecided by Chewy or Consular. But they made the choice easy as I do like Kylo and every **** team will have him, as Counter is huge bonus in Arena, and his atomatic cooldown seems amazing to indefinitely blast AoE. I am pretty sure he will be used extensively in many different combinations. The ones that shell $100 will get to 7 pretty soon. But you don't need to use him in any team until ready - no disadvange. The only disadvantage here is you didn't pay $100 for the privilege to use him two weeks before others.

Now, when not to farm him? If you have a char are are in the middle of making that char useful, you have nothing if you switch for a long while. Better finish your current char now.

The last point is that the easier, fastest way to farm a char if you use some extra Crystals, is Cantina. Which is why Talia is my inly 7 star rigth now (ok, GW may be as fast and totally free if you get 1200 tokens every single time. But you cannot use any Crystals either there).

How powerful is a 7.* talia?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    The one exception in all this is Rey. Technically farmable but on average it would take you around 3000 energy over 2 months unless you buy a lot of recharges of her missions with crystals. And she is not in the pack, either. Curious.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    NixHara wrote: »
    .... Farming shards from Catina is easy.

It's easy provided that you are willing to buy crystals. If you're playing free like me, it's not wise. Kylo for example is being farmed one shard at a time. I don't relish the idea of having to farm about 200+ shards like this.
  • Using the free crystals the game gives you, I don't think using 100 for one cantina refill a day is too crazy. Guess that depends on how much you play the game. In addition the energy you naturally accumulate, cantina farming seems the most straightforward to me. Unlike hard modes which can eat up energy better spent on gear.
  • Kylo is not that tough. I just destroyed him 5 lvls higher than me in arena. Him, Lum, Sid, Vadar, Barriss(leader) were dead in a hair over 2 mins. I ran Sid(Leader) Maul,Opress,Lum,Lando. Maul died fast as usual but I got to deliver his AOE before so I was ok. Vadars Culling blade crit hit him for full health, was insane. Kylo can take some hits, but he did not do too much damage to my team. Force Blast, Overpower, Maul AOE, DD, and then Sid basic he was gone with Sid and Lum. Barriss and Vadar followed fast. I kept reading that Kylo was such a force so I was concerned seeing him, lum, Sid and Vadar, he was underwhelming.