GW not fun for me (new player)

I have been unable to beat GW for 7 days in a row now. I am made to face rediculously stacked teams mostly on node 6. Today I am stumped on node 2. Im lvl 71 the enemy team (Vader lead) are all lvl 85 and one of their characters has a gold frame. This is by far the most unfriendly mode for newer players. I am VERY frustrated and questioning the reasoning behind why GW is so **** unfair. Not understanding this poor business practice as there is no way to pay 2 win GW so this is just creating negativity and frustration. I'm not sure how much longer I can take being abused in GW. I am extremely frustrated. Make GW easier for people under lvl 85!

Replies

• GW is generally beatable if you play it right - I haven't failed to complete a GW since January and I'm by no means an exceptional player.

Do you have a swgoh.gg account? If not I suggest you create one, sync it with your game account and post it here so we can see what you're using and how to improve your game.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Don't listen to FailingCrab. At level 71, you're not going to have the roster to beat that. You're not alone, but noone on the forums seems to have any empathy for new players because it doesn't benefit them.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Callyx wrote: »
    Don't listen to FailingCrab. At level 71, you're not going to have the roster to beat that. You're not alone, but noone on the forums seems to have any empathy for new players because it doesn't benefit them.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I remember the first time I came across a G12 toon in my GW. I was level 74 and it was the final node of GW; a team led by lv 85 7* G12 Vader. I thought I was screwed and expected to lose, but managed to win without the enemy Vader even taking a turn.

There will be some times when you are genuinely stuck (eg coming across a well-geared KRU in the early game when you only have Phoenix), but those times should be fairly rare and there's usually a way around a difficult setup.

It *all* comes down to strategy. You can beat very intimidating-looking teams in GW if you have the right toons and the right strategy. This is why I recommend the OP showing us his/her/zer roster so we can advise.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Callyx wrote: »
    ....noone on the forums seems to have any empathy for new players because it doesn't benefit them.

That is entirely untrue. The number 1 thing needed is for people that truly want help to create/post their SWGOH account, so people with experience have an idea of what squads people have to work with. And 95% of the time they won't/don't.

Look in the individual events tab, people will go out of their way to help someone 7* an event, including what mods to move, attack order etc...But they always provide their SWGOH account.

If people want help, they need to meet others halfway.

If it's just a complaint, that's OK too. But don't expect people to have empathy if they don't want help.
  • Callyx wrote: »
    Don't listen to FailingCrab. At level 71, you're not going to have the roster to beat that. You're not alone, but noone on the forums seems to have any empathy for new players because it doesn't benefit them.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I remember the first time I came across a G12 toon in my GW. I was level 74 and it was the final node of GW; a team led by lv 85 7* G12 Vader. I thought I was screwed and expected to lose, but managed to win without the enemy Vader even taking a turn.

There will be some times when you are genuinely stuck (eg coming across a well-geared KRU in the early game when you only have Phoenix), but those times should be fairly rare and there's usually a way around a difficult setup.

It *all* comes down to strategy. You can beat very intimidating-looking teams in GW if you have the right toons and the right strategy. This is why I recommend the OP showing us his/her/zer roster so we can advise.

It's not you. It's the system. It's nice that you want to help, but you looking at a level 71 roster isn't going do change the fact that he's not going to have more than 7-9 level 7 toons. Galactic War is not fun, because even if you're doing the right things and read the forums like I do, it still (at least 10-20% of the time) pits me against something I can't beat. If you have 10 characters total and 5 are phoenix, and it pairs you with higher level, omega'd version of the same, you literally can't win, even if you throw a sacrifice or two at them first.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

It's not you. It's the system. It's nice that you want to help, but you looking at a level 71 roster isn't going do change the fact that he's not going to have more than 7-9 level 7 toons. Galactic War is not fun, because even if you're doing the right things and read the forums like I do, it still (at least 10-20% of the time) pits me against something I can't beat. If you have 10 characters total and 5 are phoenix, and it pairs you with higher level, omega'd version of the same, you literally can't win, even if you throw a sacrifice or two at them first.

If you are trying to defeat Phoenix with Phoenix you're not using good strategy. There are many other teams that are far more effective vs. enemy Phoenix teams - characters with stun, stealth, daze, etc. GW isn't just about teams, it's about tactics and using your entire roster.

Also, if you only have 10 characters unlocked (or only 10 geared) you're not developing your roster well. Struggling with GW is a signal that you need to deepen your roster Ave understand the strategies of various teams bettwr - not an indication that GW is broken or needs to be nerfed.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • My alt account is just under 3 weeks old (starred when CLS event was going on). Unlocked GW on 3rd day.
    Oh and it is pure f2p.
    I have completed 11/14 GW so far.
    Yes, there are some horrible match ups but still good so far.
    U need not fear a Vader lead..u need to fear a tarkin or palp lead tbh.
    Vader lead does not give him much speed as tarkin or palp lead.
    Then he will take multiple turns and butcher u.
    U have to plan ur kill order or else ur finished.
    Once i had a full sith team on node 9 (yes, 3* sion included). I could not get more than sidious and sion out...i was gone.
    So yea, team depth is required (preferably 3 different synergy teams). It will be enuf if u work on event required toons (except cls toons, only st han and leia are good)
    So finally to sum it up
    Work on Phoenix (EP/Thrawn), RG, Vader, TFP, tarkin (r2), Resistance (this can be slow)
    Ur set.
    Also if possible use wiggs..they deal heavy and quick dmg