The Road Ahead: April 5, 2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Kodimus wrote: »
    I greatly appreciate you folks at CG giving some love to in-game chat, HOWEVER... I still think there is a huge loss of not tapping into the arena shard, region (language), and global chat features.

Most, if not all, guilds use either Line or Discord to chat with their guild mates or prospects, BUT there is a whole community out there (US) that is missing out on chatting with people, we don't know, in-game. That's a big part of the fun and community bonding! That ALSO opens up another avenue for the #GameChangers to interact with people, and promote the idea and their channel.

Please, i beg of you, please put real consideration into a meaningful update to in-game chat.

Global chat would be an absolute nightmare with hundreds of thousands (or millions) of players. Things would move so fast that it's unlikely anyone would actually get any value out of it.

Yes, exactly.
    My number one concern with chat and DM is being able to turn it off or block. I’ve had WAY too many nasty experiences on game chat to be very excited about this. If I have a way to shut down troublesome players, I’m fine.

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    What a bunch o kittens, to be quite frank.
    Even though Bounty Hunters needed a rework, how come is the faction getting one before Jedis? It doesnt mane any sense to me. CLS and JTR are non jedis, Palpatine obilterates Jedi and GMYoda is the worst legendary toon. It makes all the sense, though, since SW isnt about Jedi - sigh.
    And Im positive here this is Disneys doing, since they want to kill off the old legacy. Fine, but you will also lose loyal and spending players in the process.
    Sith Raid is destroying guilds (mine, a 120mil GP guild, is already at 35/50 since last week), and quite frankly the prospect of not only a toon, but also G13, gated behind this content, is terrible.
    And now you tell me you are doing to “dive” into this new Solo movie - which fans arent hyped for - and introduce another Han and another Chewie (which will probably be needed for something in the future).
    You guys have a great game on your hands, but this disrespect towards jedi and what they stand for is killing it, at least for me.
    With that said, I apreciate the efforts on improving comunication (due to the release of a new game, though), but I need to say this to the guy responsible for reworks and new content: firk you and your Jedi hate.
    Im out of these forums, and pretty soon out of the game ive played since jan/16.

And I thought I was a complainer...
    The new Han Solo movie is going to be heavily involved with scoundrels and bounty hunters. Also the BH faction is in dire need of a rework with only Boba having any sort of viability. Given the upcoming movie and heavy request that’s why BH are getting a boost that they desperately need.
    I too love Jedi first and foremost. I rode my QGZ squad as long as possible but when I couldn’t hold rank above 400 on my shard with them it was time to move on to the meta to finish top 50 at least per day. I’m sure there will be a Jedi rework when things go in a lull. Maybe summer? Perhaps one month we will see a Grevious and Sepratist rework paired with a Jedi rework since they go hand in hand given the nature of the clone wars. All in time. For now be happy with the vastly improved communication and BH rework. However @CG_Carrie the only thing needed is mod management to bring everything full circle. Cmon now! Bring on the mods!!!!
  • Deanolavorto91
    245 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Even though Bounty Hunters needed a rework, how come is the faction getting one before Jedis? It doesnt mane any sense to me.

Because the movie coming uut in a month will have a bunch of bounty hunters not Jedi
  • I'm very happy to hear this. I've been dying to see more ship content. Excited for sure.
  • Syrup_Chugger3
    2170 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Even though Bounty Hunters needed a rework, how come is the faction getting one before Jedis? It doesnt mane any sense to me. CLS and JTR are non jedis, Palpatine obilterates Jedi and GMYoda is the worst legendary toon. It makes all the sense, though, since SW isnt about Jedi - sigh.
    And Im positive here this is Disneys doing, since they want to kill off the old legacy. Fine, but you will also lose loyal and spending players in the process.
    Sith Raid is destroying guilds (mine, a 120mil GP guild, is already at 35/50 since last week), and quite frankly the prospect of not only a toon, but also G13, gated behind this content, is terrible.
    And now you tell me you are doing to “dive” into this new Solo movie - which fans arent hyped for - and introduce another Han and another Chewie (which will probably be needed for something in the future).
    You guys have a great game on your hands, but this disrespect towards jedi and what they stand for is killing it, at least for me.
    With that said, I apreciate the efforts on improving comunication (due to the release of a new game, though), but I need to say this to the guy responsible for reworks and new content: firk you and your Jedi hate.
    Im out of these forums, and pretty soon out of the game ive played since jan/16.

Well there is a new Han solo movie out.. you know about scoundrels..
  • Is there any more information surrounding the chat update available?

I am wondering if communication is going to open up outside of In-Guild. It seems like a divided item with some people wanting less chatting and some wanting more.

Are we going to have an Inbox with messages from people in our shards, our Allies list or from other Guilds/Shards?

Or are we going to end up with a WoW-like message board, like current but with considerable more traffic.
  • JKRevan
    156 posts Member
    I'm already predicting that the "contracts" will be increased bonuses vs a Specific character..

So, Dark side huge buff.
  • 3 Chewies, still no rebel tag lol.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    3 Chewies, still no rebel tag lol.

Wookie faction?
  • What about comics characters? I'd like to play with the S.C.A.R. Squadron as a dark side version of the Fenix Squadron. Also it'd be interesting to have the wookies Tarfful and Black Krrsantan and the dorids BT-1 (Bee Tee) and 0-0-0 (Triple-Zero) (everybody wants to be haunted by a couple of psychopathic droids).

I know that there are lots of important characters that aren't in the game like Padme (Battle of Geonosis), Nien Nunb (rebel/resistant pilot) or Ki-Adi-Mundi/Shaak Ti (Jedi Master), but I'd like to have characters from other stories.
  • will the new chewbacca get a rebel tag?
  • Carrie
    122 posts Member
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    My biggest question is "what energy will be used for Ships PVE?" Will we have to manage a scarce resource across more area (more demand on a limited supply), or will we have a special Ships PVE energy? I'm really hoping the latter, since otherwise it would mess with current farming.
    We have another interview coming today with dbofficial125 - keep an eye open for that pop up as he has more info on the Ship stuff.
    Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
  • Cridiron
    158 posts Member
    Love it! Finally updating the chat ability, Bossk is one of the more frequently requested characters, new ships content, sounds like a home run to me!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    My biggest question is "what energy will be used for Ships PVE?" Will we have to manage a scarce resource across more area (more demand on a limited supply), or will we have a special Ships PVE energy? I'm really hoping the latter, since otherwise it would mess with current farming.
    We have another interview coming today with dbofficial125 - keep an eye open for that pop up as he has more info on the Ship stuff.

LOL - I was excited about just the BH stuff - I completely missed the part on ships. Even better!!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • ScoPi
    54 posts Member
    rayroars wrote: »
    time to resurrect the Han dynasty

Clearly they needed to release a King for the Knights of BroHan
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    @CG_Carrie when will the kits be revealed? All at once? Or similar to the OG rebel faction reworks, where it was one per day.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    @BrtStlnd

Saying it is top of mind is not non answer but honesty, and the big take away is that it is a known community hot issue - also asking the question and being vocal about your desire for it is good! Just pointing out that its not dismissive is all, and in Q and A and posts keep brining ideas or just “status on Mod UI” - not an us vs you, if its going to take time ~ a date may be hard to give but rather than being discouraged, keep the topic moving in the future

And think it was a good point here now! =)
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • CG_Carrie wrote:

After the Bounty Hunters, we are going to be in full on “Solo” mode. We will start by releasing… you guessed it, another Han Solo (we’ve seen the memes), and pairing him with the movie’s Chewbacca – as the first of a number of characters from the upcoming movie.

So.. No more TLJ content in the near future? There are still a number of named characters that need to be introduced.
  • Star_Lord1718
    380 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    leef wrote: »
    am i the only one more worried about "contracts" than excited?

I just hope they update and improve the Thermal Detonators mechanic. Make them all stick NO MATTER WHAT and don’t count it as a debuff are some suggestions I’ve seen by others that I like.
  • time to resurrect the Han dynasty
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    leef wrote: »
    am i the only one more worried about "contracts" than excited?

I just hope they update and improve the Thermal Detonators mechanic. Make them all stick NO MATTER WHAT and don’t count it as a debuff are some suggestions I’ve seen by others that I like.

Without some changes to ig88, that would work against him, just a thought. I do want to see them get a rework.
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    CG_Carrie wrote: »

Looking forward to it! Thanks Carrie!
  • Drepd
    130 posts Member
    How does one speed up ship combat? once you have a chimera fights only last about about a minute and a half.
  • I get the marketing behind toons for the new Solo movie. But I gotta say I'm disappointed that there isn't a chewie to pair with raid han yet as I think that's the most iconic version of the duo.

I'll also be really upset if you guys add the falcon crewed by new han and not Harrison Ford han. We've been waiting for the falcon crewed by han and chewie, it'll be a real bummer if we finally get the falcon but not piloted by one of the OT hans (imo with the pilot screen in fleet battles raid han is the only choice as it would be weird to see sthan or chs flying the falcon)
  • Out of curiosity, why did you decide to not rework Cad Bane?
  • YAY bounty hunter contract and rework! Been monts that I ask for that!
  • I really hope Embo will be farmable!
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie With no announced date on the BH rework, what exactly are we supposed to spend our money on to support the game? It's been coming up on a month and a half since any new characters were released, and there are no packs of note in the store. Give us a nice assortment of marquee characters! And we won't hate you at all if you sneak Tallie Lintra and her A-Wing into the game. Like, not at all.
  • What does TU12 client update mean?
  • Will the Ability Materials Mega Pack return for the upcoming Legendary Event? Can it be added on a permanent basis?