Best team to carry you through the game?

124Next

Replies

• 2*? Dude. Dude. You HAVE to star them up more than 2*, and you should absolutely get them to 7* G9 at some point for Thrawn. They are definitely worth upgrading. No, they are not and never will be META, but with the Sith Raid we are seeing more and more creative teams that use Sabine, Ezra, Chopper, even Hera, away from their Phoenix teammates.

You also HAVE to get Rebels like Wedge, Biggs, Lando, Leia up to 7* as well. You may not be excited by them, or want to deal with it, but if you want to advance in the game you will need a strong classic Rebels squad too.

The good thing is that when you invest in Wedge and Biggs you are also investing in their X-Wings at the same time.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it but you didn't answer my question. How far can I go while they are 2 stars? Because I'd like to enjoy the grind and get the light side done while I'm logging in to buy shards, because even taking them to 3* is going to take me days. I don't just want to log in and out and not even use Phoenix until they are 7*. So?

Levels/Gear/Mods matter more than stars. In theory you could get them 2* 85 with best mods and G12 and zetas and be fine for all the light side content (except maybe some of the level 9 hard nodes).

Stars really only dictate entry into events. So 2* means no raids, no EP, no Thrawn, no TB, etc.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • I don't think that's quite true, at 2* you'd definitely notice the difference. Plus I think you need 7* to g12 - I may be wrong as I'm not in a position to be gearing anyone that high yet.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • @FailingCrab Well I am currently spending my energy on nothing but phoenix, I just like to just play some battles for fun sometimes. I just feel like the 7* phoenix team is so long away that it just feels like a waste of time you know? I might aswell just farm clones and empire chars to get R2 and then try to get clones to 7* for heroic HAAT raids. All I want is a clone team, General Kenobi and maybe R2 would be nice. So is Phoenix even the right way to go at it for me? Isn't it a too long route for what I am interested in? I genuinely am unsure know if it's the right way for me.

@Trystan_Spyder Thanks Trystan, that's the kind of answer I was looking for when I asked that question.
  • I don't think that's quite true, at 2* you'd definitely notice the difference. Plus I think you need 7* to g12 - I may be wrong as I'm not in a position to be gearing anyone that high yet.

You're right - but to @CahirDyffryn there are plenty of people using 3* Sions in arena and he works just fine. So don't feel you NEED the Phoenix at 7* before you can use them.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • For what you want, you mainly need a good guild, and you’ll need an Empire team for R2D2
  • Nannos
    26 posts Member
    Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    For what you want, you mainly need a good guild, and you’ll need an Empire team for R2D2

While true, I would add that continuing with Phoenix (assuming a final destination of 7*) will be a huge help to getting a good empire squad for that R2 challenge. Also @CahirDyffryn, the Phoenix grind does go pretty quick, and you'll be limited more by your player level to unlock new light side battles than you will the stars on phoenix

• Omegaweapon
    8 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I saw Phoenix on one reply. They’re good to get certain characters but my zeta Vader grand moff royal guard Kyle ren masked and maxed out darth maul wipes the floor with them in arena. I refresh till I see a better rank Phoenix squad. Death Maul is a murder machine.
  • I saw Phoenix on one reply. They’re good to get certain characters but my zeta Vader grand moff royal guard Kyle ren masked and maxed out darth maul wipes the floor with them in arena. I refresh till I see a better rank Phoenix squad. Death Maul is a murder machine.

Nobody argued that phoenix will dominate in the arena. They're useful (I would argue almost mandatory if you want to succeed in-game) for all the other reasons listed.

The fact that you're in a position to zeta and you're in an arena position with multiple Phoenix around you would suggest maybe you need to reconsider your approach, too. Im only level 83 and I haven't seen phoenix in the top 50 for weeks.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Phoenix in mid to late game are no match for EP , GAT , or like Wiggs.
    I have problems with phoenix only which are heavily MODDED , and chopper's evasion is 30 - 40 .
    If chopper gets critical avoidance , he will be very good.
    Chopper mods : offense , critical chance
    Zeb : 4 x potency , 2x health
    Hera : health
    Kannan: health
    Ezra: offense and critical chance / critical damage and critical chance
  • Best thread to necro you through the game.
  • BornEraserHead
    1 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Can someone give me some tips on good squads for arena? I have quite a few powerful characters but not sure which characters to use together for a powerful squad. My player name is BORN
  • My Phoenix dudes have got me a long way through most content in the game. That they can do at least. I use their ships to mediocre effect if target lock doesn't go according to plan for Biggs.

I won't likely be able to get 7* Thrawn due to a combination of bad mod draws, being in a bad guild for a long time (caused a gear/credit issue) and my level is only 75. Doubtful I can Omega anything before he appears again due to said levelling.

I only have two speed primary mods and a smattering of reasonable secondary speed.

Sabine is just the worst to farm and I don't like spending guild tokens on anything but gear so while she would probably tip the balance (armour shred, decent hitting power etc) she's just not doable in time.

Palp came around in the time before mods and wasn't adjusted so he'll be reasonable to 7* with Phoenix. Though Phoenix only really have Ezra for big damage, maybe Zeb if modded right (he needs much potency as it is) and a nice RNG of course.

Oh and gear 8 and change won't likely be enough either for Thrawn.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • It's a re-necro
  • My Phoenix dudes have got me a long way through most content in the game. That they can do at least. I use their ships to mediocre effect if target lock doesn't go according to plan for Biggs.

I won't likely be able to get 7* Thrawn due to a combination of bad mod draws, being in a bad guild for a long time (caused a gear/credit issue) and my level is only 75. Doubtful I can Omega anything before he appears again due to said levelling.

I only have two speed primary mods and a smattering of reasonable secondary speed.

Sabine is just the worst to farm and I don't like spending guild tokens on anything but gear so while she would probably tip the balance (armour shred, decent hitting power etc) she's just not doable in time.

Palp came around in the time before mods and wasn't adjusted so he'll be reasonable to 7* with Phoenix. Though Phoenix only really have Ezra for big damage, maybe Zeb if modded right (he needs much potency as it is) and a nice RNG of course.

Oh and gear 8 and change won't likely be enough either for Thrawn.

I would just gear Pheonix enough to get thrawn then change focus to a more long-term team. My best advice is either ep lead or gmy lead with the new rework. Though for gmy to work in top arena you need hoda and gk but nedi may become the meta in the near future. Or it may not so it's a gamble. I think ep is still better if you have sion but if not gmy should be able to compete fairly well after the rework.
  • uhdea
    49 posts Member
    you can play for flavor or you can compete. you can't do both.
    if you want to do well in the game-
    phoenix to empire to FO to CTR/JTR. clone squad isn't terrible and has its place as another team in raids/TB but it isn't an arena team
  • I have been playing for just over 3 months and the Phoenix has seen me through quite nicely. I got my 50 wins in the Galactic War and gained Emperor Palpatine. I am within touching distance of level 85 making GW a doddle. I am now struggling in the Squad Arena but am high enough for now. Am ready for Thrawn this month and then I will see about changing my main troop focus from there. Phoenix is brilliant early game, probably the best starter crew.
  • While not the absolute best team in game, zPalp has been the foundation of my exploits since I hit lvl 60. That squad will never cease to be useful.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    This is how I did it in early game...

1. Phenix - to get Thrawn
    2. Rebel or Empire - to get EP
    3. Rebels - to get CLS and R2D2
    4. Ships... Ships and ships...
    5. Bounty hunters - for raids and credit heist

From here you can choose your own teams for farming. What I recommend is getting to lvl 60 ASAP... The rest just slowly farm :)