The Road Ahead: April 5, 2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• As I think the state of the game couldn't get any better you guys find a way to do it. Yall never cease to amaze! Thank you for all the hard work!
  • egtrip
    23 posts Member
    What does TU12 client update mean?

TU = Title Update as used in the video game industry
  • Roguetechna
    138 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Finally! I will be able to accomplish my long-awaited goal of a team of Han Solos!
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Awesome. I feel like Bossk will certainly be a marquee, and I wonder if that opens the door for a Jango Legendary, that they are intentionally not announcing yet, because it won't happen till the end of the month. So they'd just announce it a little before it actually happens.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Ploosh wrote: »
    Awesome. I feel like Bossk will certainly be a marquee, and I wonder if that opens the door for a Jango Legendary, that they are intentionally not announcing yet, because it won't happen till the end of the month. So they'd just announce it a little before it actually happens.

Agreed. Bossk has to be marquee, Jango will undoubtably be a legendary event
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    Jango will undoubtably be a legendary event

Lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Great job guys loving the forward progress so far :)
  • @CG_Carrie , to be clear, will there be another Chewbacca released, as well? It seems as if you’re suggesting there will be. Many thx! :smile:

She said there will be both another Han and another Chewie before the movie comes out
  • Bit bummed that there was no mention of Jedi Luke today. It was around this time last year that they first hinted at CLS.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Jabba the hut next please! :) Who is with me ?
  • Atlas1 wrote: »
    Agreed. Bossk has to be marquee, Jango will undoubtably be a legendary event

To unlock Jango you will need entire Clone Troopers + Boba at 7*? ^^
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Lol.

It's funny, cuz people laughed at the idea of BB8 being worthy enough for a legendary. Then he was. It's less a matter of if he will be a legendary, and more a matter of is he actually coming to the game.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member

Lol.

It's funny, cuz people laughed at the idea of BB8 being worthy enough for a legendary. Then he was. It's less a matter of if he will be a legendary, and more a matter of is he actually coming to the game.

Yeah but Disney want BB8 to be legendary and the new movies make him relevant. Jango.....not so much.

4 BH reworks plus Bossk = Requirements for next legendary event? Bossk will be the paywall character in my opinion.
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    JaggedJ wrote: »

Lol.

4 BH reworks plus Bossk = Requirements for next legendary event? Bossk will be the paywall character in my opinion.

I wondered that a bit to. But then who would they be the legendary for? Jabba? It'd have to be an OT toon I would imagine, if they're specifically doing reworks to those 5. Boba would make sense, except that he's already in game, and there's not really much of a way to do another Boba. Abd then, wouldn't it be a heroes journey? To have a specific 5 toons? For legendaries it's always been a faction.
  • No rework for Zam and Cad is a huge let down :(
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member

Lol.

I wondered that a bit to. But then who would they be the legendary for? Jabba? It'd have to be an OT toon I would imagine, if they're specifically doing reworks to those 5. Boba would make sense, except that he's already in game, and there's not really much of a way to do another Boba. Abd then, wouldn't it be a heroes journey? To have a specific 5 toons? For legendaries it's always been a faction.

Bounty Hunters is a faction. It would be legendary. No idea who the legendary toon would be though. Unless it's an event that involves the BH going after Raid Han and the reward is OT Chewie, which would coincide with the redeveloped ships and the introduction of OT Falcon.
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    @Nosferatu91 watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmegRzc3-SE where @CG_Carrie and @CG_TopHat said it wouldn't be this year and it's not yet on the radar.
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member

Lol.

They could do the original mcquarrie white suit Boba Fett. Its been sold in action figure and lego minifig form, and frankly to me thats the only requirement for it to make it in the game. If they could bother to make a mold and prototype to sell it in plastic i see no reason they couldnt sell it in digital action figure form.
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    edited April 2018

Lol.

Bounty Hunters is a faction. It would be legendary. No idea who the legendary toon would be though. Unless it's an event that involves the BH going after Raid Han and the reward is OT Chewie, which would coincide with the redeveloped ships and the introduction of OT Falcon.

No, did you read the previous quote too? He was saying Dengar edit: Bossk (oops) as paywall, OT BHs only. Sure they all fall under BH tag, but in order to make Bossk a paywall, they'd have to limit it to specific 5 toons, not the whole faction, like Legendaries have always been. Otherwise you could just use Zam or Cad and there's no forced paywall.
    Post edited by Ploosh on
  • Dralkyr wrote: »
    @Nosferatu91 watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmegRzc3-SE where @CG_Carrie and @CG_TopHat said it wouldn't be this year and it's not yet on the radar.

@Dralkyr that BLOWS.

@CG_Carrie @CG_TopHat yall know that ROTJ 35th anniversary is in June right? I can’t think of a better time to add him :wink:

(Please don’t wait until 40th!)
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member

Lol.

No, did you read the previous quote too? He was saying Dengar as paywall, OT BHs only. Sure they all fall under BH tag, but in order to make Bossk a paywall, they'd have to limit it to specific 5 toons, not the whole faction, like Legendaries have always been. Otherwise you could just use Zam or Cad and there's no forced paywall.

Yes I read it. Just because I don't agree doesn't mean I don't understand. Who cares what they've done in the past? They've shown time and time again that they'll make adjustments to what's expected if it's beneficial. They said the main benefit of BH rework will be PVE. That's TW, Sith Raid, DSTB, but if that's true then why limit the BH rework like this? There's more to it than that. Dengar is not a paywall in any shape or form.

There may be no legendary event connected with this and we're just blowing hot air, but if there is a legendary event Bossk will be the paywall.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    No rework for Zam and Cad is a huge let down :(

Yeah cad especially needed an upgrade, hopefully the bounty special gives him some bump!
    Update the Jedi before the anti-jedi BH... :s

• KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    lovin the darkside right now.
  • Undead
    11 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Star Wars allows for infinite possibilities and also these characters transitioned from one point in life to another so ofc we will see diff variations of the same characters
    “Always pass on what you have learned.” Yoda
  • How about a heroes journey to get the new Han, bud backwards like Benjamin button. You have alto start with old man Han, then play as captain solo, then ST Han and finally good old scruffy han
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Regarding the guild chat, not all guilds rely on Discord. The first one I was in did not use it, and the second I was in (70+ million GP) did not require it because some long time guild members simply didn't want to bother with it. My alt account has mostly casual members and does not have an active Discord. There are newer players on there that have yet to unlock TW and TB.

It's fairly obvious this enhancement is mostly geared toward some of the more casual guilds that would benefit from the ability to PM other guild members and such. Not every addition needs to cater to the hard core userbase.
  • Much more exciting than February!
    I am especially looking forward to ships and chat reworks!
  • If BH are required for a legendary event, it will require 5 any BH. I don't remember any legendary event that required a specific toon. Hero's Journey and legendary are different types of events.
    There will be 3 new toons: this Bossk guy, new Han and new Chewie. If one is legendary, it will require 5 any BH (or 5 scoundrels). Or maybe Han will be marquee, and we will need all 5 Hans for a Hero's Journey that will unlock Carbonite Han!
  • Kodimus wrote: »
    I greatly appreciate you folks at CG giving some love to in-game chat, HOWEVER... I still think there is a huge loss of not tapping into the arena shard, region (language), and global chat features.

Most, if not all, guilds use either Line or Discord to chat with their guild mates or prospects, BUT there is a whole community out there (US) that is missing out on chatting with people, we don't know, in-game. That's a big part of the fun and community bonding! That ALSO opens up another avenue for the #GameChangers to interact with people, and promote the idea and their channel.

Please, i beg of you, please put real consideration into a meaningful update to in-game chat.

Global chat would be an absolute nightmare with hundreds of thousands (or millions) of players. Things would move so fast that it's unlikely anyone would actually get any value out of it.

Yes, exactly.
    My number one concern with chat and DM is being able to turn it off or block. I’ve had WAY too many nasty experiences on game chat to be very excited about this. If I have a way to shut down troublesome players, I’m fine.

Fair enough, I've experienced those as well and had a mute option.

Arena shard and region chat though, those would be great I think.

I agree, those could be super fun! I’m sure the devs have the situation well in hand and we will be pleased with the system. As long as I can block, lol.