Impossible node 12s

JKB1020
23 posts Member
I understand wanting to make galactic war hard but making it impossible is just infuriating. I understand that it is based on the power of my top five. I think this is a really crappy idea because now I’m afraid to upgrade my arena team (top five) for fear I will get an impossible mode 12 the next day in galactic war.

Again these nodes aren’t hard they are IMPOSSIBLE to beat with my roster. I spent over 3 hours shuffling my roster and trying every team I could think of without ever even being able to take one character out on that node 12 team. That is just ludicrous.

Every time I have upgraded one of my top five characters I have not been able to finish galactic war the next day because of a team like this.

I shouldn’t have to avoid upgrading my arena team just to be able to finish galactic war.

I would really like to know if there is a fix coming for this because I am not the only one who has noticed this.

Oh and spare the **** about how I need to get a better roster. The teams I would need to beat these node 12 teams are not even in my reach at this point in the game.

Replies

• Tommo11
    25 posts Member
    Get used to it. There is a phase on the game where this happens and if you work through it and reach lvl 85 it becomes easier again.
    It also might be worth posting your roster just in case there are some simple fixes which could help.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Don't hold your breath waiting for a fix. The developers are happy with the current design.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    What's your roster and what are these impossible to beat node 12s.
  • JKB1020 wrote: »
    Oh and spare the **** about how I need to get a better roster. The teams I would need to beat these node 12 teams are not even in my reach at this point in the game.

But eventually they will be. At that point you will have achieved Galactic War Mastery, and GW will never be a challenge again.

I assume you have done all the GW tricks, like building additional squads besides your arena team, and using the easy GW nodes to TM-load all your squads so that they are ready to bring the pain on the tough nodes, right?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I hear "spare the ****" and I see someone who doesn't actually want an answer, they just want to complain.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I hear "spare the ****" and I see someone who doesn't actually want an answer, they just want to complain.

LOL. Ty @TVF
  • JKB1020
    23 posts Member
    I’m working on multiple rosters. I am using the tm loading tricks.

The first one I have encountered a few times that I can’t crack at all is a wiggs chaze team that’s always higher gear and level. Can’t even take one of them out with all my squads, tm loaded or not.

The second one I’m having a lot of trouble with is a KRU lead team that usually contains phasma, regular Kyle ren, Vader, and either JC or luminara. There have been a few others but I can’t remember them exactly.

The teams are always better geared (yes I’m working as hard as I can on gearing up my squads), higher stars and levels.

I can usually do fine in GW, my main complaint is that every time I upgrade my arena team one of these teams shows up the next day and wipes the floor with me.

My best teams right now are Level 72 Vader (L) gear 8 5*, Lvl 65 Sion gear 8 4*, lvl 66 Dooku gear 7 4*, Lvl 64 JC gear 8 7*, and I’m using Tarkin (lvl 66, gear 8, 4*) or Royal guard (lvl 65, gear 8, 5*) to round it out. This is also usually my arena team cause it’s just the best I have at this point.

I also have a decent rebels team I think with Ackbar (L), Wiggs (working on their levels/gear), StHan, and usually I through in JC or Luminara for extra healing.

I’m trying to get Phoenix squad geared and leveled for the thrawn event so I haven’t been pouring all my resources into either of those teams. I wanted to upgrade my arena team so I could get more Kanan shards but every time I do, I can’t finish GW
  • Xoulrath
    101 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I feel your pain. It is frustrating to run into a team that is 10-15 levels higher than you. The level advantage in and of itself isn't huge, but it is still an advantage. The bigger issue, of course, is that with higher levels comes access to improved skills. And being that high in level means that they are probably geared better than you as well.

With that said, as has been pointed out, it is a WAR and not a battle. I've NEVER cleared GW with one single squad without at least someone on the original roster dying. The best that I've ever done when clearing is having two of the original squad left alive, while the other three bit the dust and had to be replaced (in some cases, several of the replacements needed to be replaced as well).

You might think that it is impossible to beat the last node, but the word that I would use instead would be frustrating. These fights are telegraphed, so if one strategy doesn't work, restart the fight and try something new. If need be, replace someone in the squad that you are currently using. In a worst case scenario, replace the entire squad if you have to.
  • You've put a lot of information, very detailed. You may get teams you can't beat.

Now, if you would create an account at swgoh.gg and post it, I'm sure you will get some quality tips on how to handle some of the scenarios you are facing. There is a counter for the wiggs chaze squad. Do you have Boba Fett?

But without a look at your roster....It's hard to offer advice.
  • JKB1020
    23 posts Member
    Oh ok, I didn’t know about the swgoh.gg thing I will go make an account when I can.

I do have Boba but He’s still kinda squishy and when I used him against that wiggs chaze team he went down before taking a shot
  • cboath7
    455 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Tommo11 wrote: »
    Get used to it. There is a phase on the game where this happens and if you work through it and reach lvl 85 it becomes easier again.
    It also might be worth posting your roster just in case there are some simple fixes which could help.

Pretty sure i just hit that phase. Massive problem there is, at current rate it's going to be 6-8 weeks to go from 77-85.

No problem with hard, but i have a massive problem with flat out impossible.

And the teams i'm getting in n12 are full 85 teams. I'm using mainly PS and as an example got a full empire 85 team with EP lead, who all were substantially above me. 3 of my toons got one shot and they just wiped me out entirely after that with no chance at retreat.

Sadly, that type of thing has been common the last week. Huge difference between hard and impossible, and it's clearly at the impossible state.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    A palpatine/vader team is hard counter for a phoenix team. Like troopers are a hard counter for nightsisters.

If you only have one best team every so often impossible is expected.
  • cboath7
    455 posts Member
    at 77 vs 77 i have a chance 77 vs 85? none. That's the problem portion of it. One side has access to more powerful stuff and is using it.
  • cboath7 wrote: »
    at 77 vs 77 i have a chance 77 vs 85? none. That's the problem portion of it. One side has access to more powerful stuff and is using it.

No, you don't, Ep led empire wrecks Phoenix, if you only have Phoenix to use, you will have issues in Gw , until you develop your roster more.

As for node 12, it draws a squad that is approx 115% higher power, old scale not GP , then your top five chars. It is supposed to be a hard node to beat, it's not going to be a same level match or even match, that is exactly the opposite of how Gw is designed. Each node is a varying percent of your top squad. With node 12 being the hardest,
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    When i was in the late 70s i had 3 main squads.

I had phoenix as main team at gear 9.

I had and old schools rebels team (with raid han) at gear 8 and a thrawn lead empire team that wasnt all 7 stars at a mix of gear 7 and 8.

If you gave me gear 11 or 12 zeta palpatine team in node 12 id spend two temas (with preloaded tm) to take palpatine down. He is glass cannon. With no leadership bonus the team would fall apart 5vs4 with my last team.

Unfortunately galactic war is too easy and synergised node 12s rarely appear. Then theres a hard cap on how much power the opposition has that stops it getting hrder at all.

The other thing is that bad mods and good mods have the same effect on the algorithim as long as they are 5 dots. Its really rare to face a well modded team in gw so if you have a well modded team gw is incredibly easy.
  • A few days ago, I faced a team that wiped the floor with me and I ended up getting one turn, so I retreated. I then sent in my second best team, Phoenix, to see if that did anything. They all died within seconds, but it used all of their special abilities so they were on cooldown. I then sent in my main and shredded through them.
    I make character kits! Ask me and I will try my best to make one for fun.