Farm or farm not? (RJT)

Kiritoismyname
845 posts Member
edited April 2018
I have been wondering about this, and thought i'll ask how the community feels.
If not for the Sith Raid, would you farm the requirements for RJT immediately?

Farm or farm not? (RJT) 90 votes

Yes, definitely. I loved her kit/character.
63% 57 votes
No. I didn't like her kit/ character/ requirements to get her.
7% 7 votes
Yes, but not immediately. Would have farmed when i had spare resources (i.e.never lol).
18% 17 votes
I am not farming her even though sith raid exists. :-P
6% 6 votes
Other (please specify).
3% 3 votes

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    she's a heroes journey character, i just got to have those asap regardless of how good they are. Besides, she's rather good in the hAAT raid, LS TB, arena, and TW. She pretty much shines everywhere.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Yes because she is probably 2nd~3rd best meta character in game now, and no.1 for sith raid, no.2 for tw, no.1 for ls tb
  • Meeeh, idk. She looks kinda boring to me lol. Besides, her requirements are insane and we have enough teams to farm for lstb tbh. Looks like the community doesn't agree with me though. :D
    Ps. Idk why i made this poll private.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    leef wrote: »
    she's a heroes journey character, i just got to have those asap regardless of how good they are. Besides, she's rather good in the hAAT raid, LS TB, arena, and TW. She pretty much shines everywhere.

This. Why wouldn't you?

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I spent two weeks deciding between farming the vets and farming deathtrooper for obvious reasons.

You have to pick your priorities.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    I spent two weeks deciding between farming the vets and farming deathtrooper for obvious reasons.

You have to pick your priorities.

I chose vets and haven't regretted for that one single moment!
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I had 0 use for her before sith raid. My Thrawn lead squad kills palp, and palp lead kills JTR. Don't need paper when you got rock and scissors :)
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Make your farm plan.

Stick to your farm plan.

Make a place for meeting the JTR requirements in your farm plan.

For me? Right now, I'm prioritizing 7* Deathtrooper, then the veterans (read: the hard part of Jedi training Rey) with my cantina energy. However, as my primary team is Thrawn troopers, getting Deathtrooper and Shoretrooper ready to go is a big deal for me.
    Still not a he.
  • leef wrote: »

The first sentence of this sums up my vote. The rest I agree with as well, but wasn't influential in my choice.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I have been wondering about this, and thought i'll ask how the community feels.
    If not for the Sith Raid, would you farm the requirements for RJT immediately?

@Kiritoismyname Yeah. Of course. Why not? Lol. She's one of the best toons in the game and currently the second heroes journey toon. I started farming the vets immediately and in the month of April made them 7 star. Sadly cause they released her event early (in march) I didn't get her. Now I'm waiting for the next JTR event, whenever it may be. ;)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • @KyJoe_Cool
    (None of these points will take STR into consideration since that's the point of the poll lol.)
    I feel like the whole team is kinda overrated because:
    1. They require 5/6 zetas to become totally viable in any game mode. Unlike other teams(in my experience) which aren't so zeta hungry.
    2. Requires two very difficult to farm characters which are basically useless. Much rather farm mods lol.
    3. Even after we get her, there are much better teams that are more metaish in terms of content available. Cls for rancor. Wampanader for haat. Palp for arena.
    4. Personal opinion, but i find her kit boring. Too much dodges for my liking. :smiley:
    5. I won't really care about legendary/hero's journey toon unless they are really good or entertaining.. still haven't 7* yoda haha.

Btw i'm relatively new(10 months), so yeah. Didn't have much time/reason to get her. Cls with good mods still gets me pretty high in arena haha. Ps. Sorry for the late reponse, missed out.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    @KyJoe_Cool
    (None of these points will take STR into consideration since that's the point of the poll lol.)
    1. They require 5/6 zetas to become totally viable in any game mode. Unlike other teams(in my experience) which aren't so zeta hungry.

A little hard to know which team you're talking about since there's many variations, but generally it's JTR BB8 R2 +2.

Other than JTR lead zeta, you can get by without other zetas. They improve the team but that's true of pretty much any faction. Especially if you're talking PvE, but to some extent PvP as well.

If you're running Rey, Trooper, Pilot, Finn, Poe, under JTR, they don't need any zetas.

4. Even after we get her, there are much better teams that are more metaish in terms of content available. Cls for rancor. Wampanader for haat. Palp for arena.

For HAAT she's super viable, and Wampa requires you to skip G12 gear for a long time. I run the above lineup plus Thrawn/CLS and it does roughly half the raid, and probably would do more if I had more zetas on JTR/BB8 and better gear on them (BB8 is G9 lol).
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    She has too big of an impact on the Sith raid for me to say anyone else should have priority over her for anyone in any guild that can beat the haat but not heroic str.

The only farms I'd put close are the special tb mission character requirements, and I'd still place those after her simply because of the possible frequency of the shards.
  • Riegorn
    100 posts Member
    I would get ready for her as soon as possible. She is really amazing for almost everything.

She only needs 1 zeta and thats her leader for jtr team to work and do really well, zeta on bb8 helps and her other zetas are pretty good, but not necessary.

Even though you dont want to take STR into consideration for whatever reason, you need to her for heroic and since you run palp for arena, you should want to get traya shards as soon as possible.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Also, a Rey/Holdo team is very relevant in the arena right now, as Holdo's Bunker Buster spreading daze substantially hinders Palpatine led teams and the AoE gives multiple chances to crit, for lots of TM for your entire team.
    Still not a he.
  • CPace
    151 posts Member
    I would love to have her but RN, I have to focus on other squads and factions for arena and to get better gear for my troops
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    Apart from Traya, possibly, she is the best character in the game.

Not wanting her would be odd.
  • TVF wrote: »
    @KyJoe_Cool

A little hard to know which team you're talking about since there's many variations, but generally it's JTR BB8 R2 +2.

Other than JTR lead zeta, you can get by without other zetas. They improve the team but that's true of pretty much any faction. Especially if you're talking PvE, but to some extent PvP as well.

If you're running Rey, Trooper, Pilot, Finn, Poe, under JTR, they don't need any zetas.

4. Even after we get her, there are much better teams that are more metaish in terms of content available. Cls for rancor. Wampanader for haat. Palp for arena.

For HAAT she's super viable, and Wampa requires you to skip G12 gear for a long time. I run the above lineup plus Thrawn/CLS and it does roughly half the raid, and probably would do more if I had more zetas on JTR/BB8 and better gear on them (BB8 is G9 lol).

I don't know how to differentiate quotes, so sorry in advance lol.
    1. Yes, i was talking about that team.
    2. I was pretty sure those zetas were mandatory(not counting pvp), but it may be misinformation on my part. Although, i still believe atleast bb8 1 zeta, jtr 2 zetas, r2 2 zeta are absolutely mandatory for the team to work.
    3. Accepted. At that point though, i'll switch to a zinn lead. Because its arguably better at everything other than arena defense.
    4. Oh, i just mentioned wampanader because its the best. I run zader(l), thrawn, zolo, zls, bb8. I can solo p3, p4 and 20% p2. Obviously, this team is much easier to get. Although i'll give you that it requires a lot of careful planning unlike jtr which makes it easy. How long do you take for the raid btw?
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    She has too big of an impact on the Sith raid for me to say anyone else should have priority over her for anyone in any guild that can beat the haat but not heroic str.

"If not for the sith raid". This is a hypothetical poll if sith raid wasn't there. Read the first line please. I obviously started farming her immediately after str was announced btw.
    Before that, i was like "nope, no need for her."
    Riegorn wrote: »
    I would get ready for her as soon as possible. She is really amazing for almost everything.

She only needs 1 zeta and thats her leader for jtr team to work and do really well, zeta on bb8 helps and her other zetas are pretty good, but not necessary.

Even though you dont want to take STR into consideration for whatever reason, you need to her for heroic and since you run palp for arena, you should want to get traya shards as soon as possible.

Please read above.

YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Also, a Rey/Holdo team is very relevant in the arena right now, as Holdo's Bunker Buster spreading daze substantially hinders Palpatine led teams and the AoE gives multiple chances to crit, for lots of TM for your entire team.

That's pretty constructive. I didn't think of that since everyone switched to palp/rex in my shard lol. Well played. @YaeVizsla
    But then again, rex teams are easier to obtain and palp w sion is arguably better than jtr.
    CPace wrote: »
    I would love to have her but RN, I have to focus on other squads and factions for arena and to get better gear for my troops

Troops are awesome! Love them. Go for the veers zeta, you won't regret haha.

Apart from Traya, possibly, she is the best character in the game.

Not wanting her would be odd.

Okay?
    That kinda lacks context.. but you took the time to comment so thanks.

Pss. Nope. I don't hate jtr. Yes i'm going for her now. No, i wouldn't have gone for her if not for STR. I just wanted some solid arguments, which i can agree with, to go for her. If not for sith raids' existence.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    2. I was pretty sure those zetas were mandatory(not counting pvp), but it may be misinformation on my part. Although, i still believe atleast bb8 1 zeta, jtr 2 zetas, r2 2 zeta are absolutely mandatory for the team to work.

As always it depends where you're using them. Obviously the more the better, but the team I mentioned in HAAT only had JTR lead, BB8 RWP, and R2 NC for a long time. I still don't have JTR cleanse or BB8 evade.
    3. Accepted. At that point though, i'll switch to a zinn lead. Because its arguably better at everything other than arena defense.

At which point? I don't follow which part of my post you're referring to there. zFinn lead is not better than JTR in STR obviously, and for HAAT it really depends on the makeup of the team and which phase. I can do a lot more damage with my JTR team than my zFinn team (although to be fair I escape BB8 early so I can also use him with JTR).
    4. Oh, i just mentioned wampanader because its the best. I run zader(l), thrawn, zolo, zls, bb8. I can solo p3, p4 and 20% p2. Obviously, this team is much easier to get. Although i'll give you that it requires a lot of careful planning unlike jtr which makes it easy. How long do you take for the raid btw?

It's a grind for sure and I really need to try auto for P3 and see how it goes. I do the CLS retreat in P1, zFinn with BB8 escaping in P2, and then my JTR team in P3/P4, and it takes over 90 minutes. Ugh. I do put up 25-30m of damage though.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    To break up quotes, use quote tags:

[/quote] to end the quote. The same tag but without the "/" to start the quote.

When you quote someone else's post you should be able to see the formatting.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    As someone previously said, she's an hero's journey character. Why should you refuse to have her? Yes, the vets thingie was quite a cheap shot, but they had to make it more exclusive while earning on it at the same time. If you think about it without the anger due to the paywall, it just makes sense. Be patient, make a plan, don't farm randomly and you'll be able to 7* the two old dudes like on the same exact day in which the event starts.
  • I currently have VS Chewie at 7* and VS Han 127 shards from 7*. I think the Legendary characters are worth the time and effort you put in to get them for the reasons listed by others. Maybe not GM Yoda, but then again, getting 5 Jedi to 7* is not hard. Kanan and Ezra give you 2, and their squad is important for Thrawn.