What are the odds!

I wonder what are the odds of spending 3 cantina refreshes on mod challenges and not getting a single blue, purple or gold mod???

I think progression when it comes to mods has been way too slow overall. I understand that you don't want to give people great mods very easily but honestly I don't remember the last time I got a decent mod.

At this point it's getting pretty ridiculous, I haven't had a single good mod in many many weeks. I was trying my first HSTR today and I tried to do some remoding and I realized that for how long I've played the game, I have really nothing good to show mods wise.

I still don't have a single mod with over 20 speed, in fact my highest speed mod is 16 which is pretty ridiculous to be honest, for having played around 20 months. I don't think a +20 speed mod per month would be a bad rate.

Also I'm pretty suspicious about the upgrade rates on mods. I mean take a purple mod with speed and 2 other stats. Supposedly there's 33% chance for it to upgrade for the first 3 upgrades.

It's difficult to get 3/3 with 33% but then again based on how many purple mods I've upgraded, I have whitenessed other stats upgrade 3 times but almost never speed!

I am becoming very desperate over this, with the Sith raid we need to use basically every single character we own to get past the heroic and getting more than 2-3 teams modded decently is incredibly hard.

We already have to spend hours retrying the battle just to get the best outcome, but to add the time of remoding on top of this, I'd have to spend 12 hours a day for this rsid. I am getting tired of this, yes good mods should be rare but you guys have almost made them unattainable and it's becoming too tiring. At some point you gotta let us have some good mods, you can't starve us indefinitely, it defeats the purpose.

Replies

• Lol, really, . . .. I knew it was too quiet .. .

Yes , three refreshes without a blue plus mod, happens. Again, you can't seriously expect to get your demanded perfect mod for a couple hundred crystals,

20 months, .. And nothing over 20, that's nice, there's players that have 28 months in and have nothing over 20. .. It happens, . . And frankly 20 plus while nice, is not required for heroic STR ,

Other then that, happy sunday
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    It's not as bad as it was before they increased the drop rates last year.
  • Bauer
    54 posts Member
    I've been paying since the beginning and I just got my first speed secondary over 20 and that was a mod I purchased recently with fleet credits, so yes high speed secondaries are extremely rare

• 20 months, .. And nothing over 20, that's nice, there's players that have 28 months in and have nothing over 20. .. It happens

Well this only reinforces my argument bro, noone who's played that long should have no results
  • Nope, it does not reinforce anything, speed isn't everything, and 16/17/28/19 , 15/14. All work just as well, squad comp plus good mods and the magic happens,

Nowhere is it stated that you deserve to have plus 20 mods after x amount of time, and definitely nowhere does it state you should get one a month,
  • Lol
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I am looking at a player right now who has 15 level 85s all with 200+ speed. The rest of his line up is ten 80s in the 180 speed range and all his other 30 opened characters are level 1.

What were his odds of getting +30 speed on every mod? Obviously this player has not played any significant time, most likely has minimal content opened and is a meta chaser as he has the bare minimum to own a CLS, 7* NS team, and a 7* Phoenix ready for Thrawn’s return. He is also magically GS12 on 2 toons with 5 zetas.

There is a grave imbalance in the game.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Nope, it does not reinforce anything, speed isn't everything, and 16/17/28/19 , 15/14. All work just as well, squad comp plus good mods and the magic happens,

Nowhere is it stated that you deserve to have plus 20 mods after x amount of time, and definitely nowhere does it state you should get one a month,

Lol I guess you are not in a very competitive shard lucky man ^^

But I am sorry speed is EVERYTHING, the fastest the winner, it is all about speed. The rest is not pertinent.
  • Wait, there are mods with over 20 speed on a secondary? I never knew that truly, I've been playing almost 2, years and my highest speed secondary is 15 and i thought that was amazing... funny enough though with how old and competitive my shard is, i can still crack top 50 so whatever haha guess im just good at this game then.
  • Wait, there are mods with over 20 speed on a secondary? I never knew that truly, I've been playing almost 2, years and my highest speed secondary is 15 and i thought that was amazing... funny enough though with how old and competitive my shard is, i can still crack top 50 so whatever haha guess im just good at this game then.

No you're not, you're just lucky to be in a less competitive shard, it happens. Also being able to be in the 50 isn't an achievement you should be proud about. It's fairly easy, if you are in the top 10 then you may earn my respect
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    @BazeMalbus, if you don't remember the last time you got a decent mod, you should either:

— Farm/buy mods more frequently
    — Reconsider your perception of what's a decent mod.
    — Have your memory checked.

No, I don't have any 20+ speed secondary mods at all myself after playing 25 months. Yes, I frequently get decent mods with 11—15 speed secondary.
  • I been playing since day 1 . When we got mods I was able to beat almost all of the challenges right away . And all I do is farm mods every day 3 refreshes . Couple months back i got a CD triangle w/21 speed. 1st time with 20+ before that my highest was 14. Now that you can buy them with credits and ship money I have gotten a lot of good mods with speeds up to 16. The game has to have you chase something.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    Nope, it does not reinforce anything, speed isn't everything, and 16/17/28/19 , 15/14. All work just as well, squad comp plus good mods and the magic happens,

Lol I guess you are not in a very competitive shard lucky man ^^

But I am sorry speed is EVERYTHING, the fastest the winner, it is all about speed. The rest is not pertinent.

Speed is not EVERYTHING if you ran lobot, cup, mob enforcer, Jedi guardian and bohdi rook even having +175 speed from mods wouldn't save you from a good team with average arena mods
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum