is bossk a legendary event?

Prev134
I was rereading the character release thread by CG TopHat. He said that legendary and heroic events would have at least one week notice...Bossk was announced last week ...is it wishful thinking or should we be starring up those bounty hunters?

Replies

• Monel
    2776 posts Member
    My answer would be always have your characters starred and ready for action. You just never know what will be needed.
  • Well frankly people should always be starring up any toons with spare energy, so that in the event of a legendary/hero's journey event, they are prepared. Since BH are also required for two DSTB special missions, then your answer is DOUBLE YES
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Monel wrote: »
    My answer would be always have your characters starred and ready for action. You just never know what will be needed.

Basically this.

Gotta get them all.
  • If you Don't have all bounty hunters except Greedo yet then you are either a newer player or you've done something wrong
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I could be wrong, but I seem to remember them specifically saying he would be a marquee.

In terms of announcing a week ahead of time like they did with Bossk they did not mention requirements anyway and I think they would have to do that with their cadence.
  • We should be starring up those BH. We need them for DSTB anyway, don't we?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    BazeMalbus wrote: »
    If you Don't have all bounty hunters except Greedo yet then you are either a newer player or you've done something wrong

Other than Boba, there hasn't been a whole lot of reason to star up BH beyond 6* up until this point.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Mzee wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but I seem to remember them specifically saying he would be a marquee.

In terms of announcing a week ahead of time like they did with Bossk they did not mention requirements anyway and I think they would have to do that with their cadence.

No they have made no specific statements about his event type, just multiple people speculating
  • They did not say he would be marquee. When they were asked, they deliberately and explicitly dodged the question and said they were not ready to announce how he was entering the game. They also have not commented on whether he is the only new bounty hunter coming. For all we know, we're getting 4-Lom and Zuckuss too, but all we know is Bossk at this point, along with the four reworks.
  • TVF wrote: »
    If you Don't have all bounty hunters except Greedo yet then you are either a newer player or you've done something wrong

Other than Boba, there hasn't been a whole lot of reason to star up BH beyond 6* up until this point.
    First of all Can bane is GW and everyone should have him, because he was also the easiest farm for heists. Secondly IG-88 is another character that is great for heists, TB and very easy to get. Also essential to any droid teams.

Zam and Dengar are the only odd ones out but then again if you played the game back in the day before the guild store was updated then you didn't have many options to farm. If you went with clones and then zam-dengar or like me you went zam-dengar and then clones you would still have more than enough guild coins by now
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Kyno wrote: »
    Mzee wrote: »

No they have made no specific statements about his event type, just multiple people speculating

Thank you for the clarification.
  • 1. the original question was, "is Bossk a legendary event?"

a. answering, "you should have all of your bounty hunters starred up by now," is not an answer to that question
    b. um, no ... not everyone has built a BH team, considering TB is still relatively new, the game is designed for light side toons to be built first and some have other priorities -- not all scoundrels (which everyone *should* have five of at 5*) are bounty hunters, and the faction is middling, at best, to this point.

2. to answer the original question: NO ... or, at least, it is doubtful ... why?

because Bossk is not "legendary" on the level of a Palpatine or Yoda, that's why. The most "legendary" bounty hunter, Boba Fett, is easily unlocked (and should be unlocked) early in the game.

seriously, this is the logic that had people blindly panic-farming ewoks for CLS (who they kept calling "jedi Luke") and separatists for Mother Talzin.

You're forgetting the other good BH. IG88.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    You don't need them at 7* but sure, whatever.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • If it’s a legendary event you would need required toons at 5* to unlock first. Yes it’s been quite awhile since we’ve gotten a legendary character so most forgot XD. As for having all the BH 7* and geared up....are you nuts??? Anyone that had them all geared up an 7* did so out of love for BH. The only ones that were useable were Boba and IG88. Zam and Dengar were useful very VERY breifly before the BH Special Mission and barely are even now.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    I only had Bobba and IG88 worked on when dark side territory battles came. Bobba was briefly good when he first had his rework, and his ship is strong so there was reason to work on him for that. Ig88 I only had geared up because I used Droids in arena before zetas came and changed arena up, and rendered the faction obsolete. The others never had a use for me to work on them. I only had some starred up a bit cause nothing else to work on in stores or through bronziums. Never needed them for the scoundrel heists.

88 is pretty good...and at one time was exceptional in a droid squad..
  • lovemat
    270 posts Member
    Parableman wrote: »
    They did not say he would be marquee. When they were asked, they deliberately and explicitly dodged the question and said they were not ready to announce how he was entering the game. They also have not commented on whether he is the only new bounty hunter coming. For all we know, we're getting 4-Lom and Zuckuss too, but all we know is Bossk at this point, along with the four reworks.

I asked about 4-Lom and Zuckuss and their response( last Q&A) was we cannot discuss as to when they are joining the game
  • There was no mention how he would be added to the game. Only that he was. People are speculating it will be BH to unlock him. Because of this it will probably be ugnaught, Pao and mob enforcer
  • Because of this it will probably be ugnaught, Pao and mob enforcer

Naw. It will require all Legendary characters at GS12 with 7* Wicket and 7*Mother.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    If it’s a legendary event you would need required toons at 5* to unlock first. Yes it’s been quite awhile since we’ve gotten a legendary character so most forgot XD. As for having all the BH 7* and geared up....are you nuts??? Anyone that had them all geared up an 7* did so out of love for BH. The only ones that were useable were Boba and IG88. Zam and Dengar were useful very VERY breifly before the BH Special Mission and barely are even now.

I took them to 7* because it's an obvious faction they would require for something important. Even before DSTB came out I assumed they would be required for it. If you pay attention to what they did in the past, it's not hard to make educated guesses on what they may do in the future.

I don't know if he'll be legendary or not, but I'd proceed as he will be until hearing otherwise. The next legendary due up is dark side. With G12 out requiring 7*, many will not want to only have him at 5 or 6*, so they'll panic farm / buy packs. Zam and Dengar are both long farms, so that seems like a perfect requirement.

Whatever they have planned, we may find out tomorrow.

• I think someone answered this for me when I asked, and said he's marquee
  • I was rereading the character release thread by CG TopHat. He said that legendary and heroic events would have at least one week notice...Bossk was announced last week ...is it wishful thinking or should we be starring up those bounty hunters?

It's not like they haven't broken their promises before, most likely a legendary event since there are only 6 BH atm, if it happens to be a marquee event, this April's rework of the BHs from the original trilogy would have become very lame.
  • Personally I am betting he will be a marquee event simply because there is no counter faction to bounty hunters.

If you were to think about it you could almost say scoundrels since scoundrels have bounties placed on them... but bounty hunters are considered scoundrels too.

So yeah, pattern of legendaries is to have the opposite faction and there isn't one for bounty hunters so... marquee event it is!
  • There was no mention how he would be added to the game. Only that he was. People are speculating it will be BH to unlock him. Because of this it will probably be ugnaught, Pao and mob enforcer

Don't forget the mighty CUP... Lol
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    Personally I am betting he will be a marquee event simply because there is no counter faction to bounty hunters.

If you were to think about it you could almost say scoundrels since scoundrels have bounties placed on them... but bounty hunters are considered scoundrels too.

So yeah, pattern of legendaries is to have the opposite faction and there isn't one for bounty hunters so... marquee event it is!

Not necessarily, yoda needs jedi to unlock
  • Drazz127 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    If it’s a legendary event you would need required toons at 5* to unlock first. Yes it’s been quite awhile since we’ve gotten a legendary character so most forgot XD. As for having all the BH 7* and geared up....are you nuts??? Anyone that had them all geared up an 7* did so out of love for BH. The only ones that were useable were Boba and IG88. Zam and Dengar were useful very VERY breifly before the BH Special Mission and barely are even now.

I took them to 7* because it's an obvious faction they would require for something important. Even before DSTB came out I assumed they would be required for it. If you pay attention to what they did in the past, it's not hard to make educated guesses on what they may do in the future.

I don't know if he'll be legendary or not, but I'd proceed as he will be until hearing otherwise. The next legendary due up is dark side. With G12 out requiring 7*, many will not want to only have him at 5 or 6*, so they'll panic farm / buy packs. Zam and Dengar are both long farms, so that seems like a perfect requirement.

Whatever they have planned, we may find out tomorrow.

If you have 5 BH at 5* for a legendary unlock they are still very viable. Look at toons like Thrawn, Sion, etc. Now I don’t think that he will be arena changing but hopefully will increase their viability in DSTB, HSTR, and even TW. Yes there’s limitations but I don’t see him being worth a panic farm.