Game Changers Videos [MERGE]

Replies

• Strubz
    429 posts Member
    What struck me the most from the video and got me thinking wasn't about mod management. It was when they (CG) said they wanted to change the "mod meta" away from speed.

I've been thinking about it for an hour and I don't know how that is possible without a complete overhaul of how mods and really how the entire game works.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? How could you possibly change the "mod meta" to not be speed?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Strubz wrote: »
    What struck me the most from the video and got me thinking wasn't about mod management. It was when they (CG) said they wanted to change the "mod meta" away from speed.

I've been thinking about it for an hour and I don't know how that is possible without a complete overhaul of how mods and really how the entire game works.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? How could you possibly change the "mod meta" to not be speed?

As they said it would have to be done with " new mods" so either new type or higher dot count. The simplest solution would be to freeze speed primarily and secondaries where they are now and increase all other stats as they did when we saw 6 and 7 dot mods previously. That would start to pull the trend in a different direction.

The other possibility is new mod types or even "status effect" mods. Mods with add X ability at Y% to basic would be interesting, stun, daze, DOT...ext. with the Y being what is upgraded or RNG controlled. I'm not sure that would be as effective but it could be interesting.
  • Strubz wrote: »

Dang. That would be REALLY interesting. Before mods, the meta shifted quite a lot (dodge, healers), though speed was always present and reoccurring.
    I'm very interested (and a little afraid) of what they might come up with!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • TVF wrote: »
    Huh?

Mod management is needed because we have so many toons required in so many parts of the game now.

I suppose we are saying the same thing, just using different words. I agree there are a lot of toons. Currently, speed primary/secondary is the primary factor in determining a mods value, all other secondaries are considered lesser value in game.

And to go with the many toons needed, is the fact that great mods are rare to receive in game. I'm not asking for better drop rate for "great" mods in the game. But since they are rare, I just want to be able to move them as a set.
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

As they said it would have to be done with " new mods" so either new type or higher dot count. The simplest solution would be to freeze speed primarily and secondaries where they are now and increase all other stats as they did when we saw 6 and 7 dot mods previously. That would start to pull the trend in a different direction.

The other possibility is new mod types or even "status effect" mods. Mods with add X ability at Y% to basic would be interesting, stun, daze, DOT...ext. with the Y being what is upgraded or RNG controlled. I'm not sure that would be as effective but it could be interesting.

Status effect mods....really, really interesting idea. Mods that give abilities instead of stats. That would definitely shift the meta.

I think 6+ dot mods aren't going to change anything unless they don't have speed secondaries and in exchange give much larger primary stat boosts but we already saw what happens when mods first came out to bigger primary stat boosts.

I'm going with the status effect/ability mods. Give up speed but gain the ability to inflict daze upon taking damage from an attacker that can't be dispelled. Mod sets that ignore armor. Mod sets that ignore protection. Draw back is reduced speed and requires all 6 mod spots. Could be interesting.
  • twist
    68 posts Member
    My hunch is that 6 and 7 dot mods will be upgradeble from 5 dot mods
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Status effect mods....really, really interesting idea. Mods that give abilities instead of stats. That would definitely shift the meta.

I think 6+ dot mods aren't going to change anything unless they don't have speed secondaries and in exchange give much larger primary stat boosts but we already saw what happens when mods first came out to bigger primary stat boosts.

I'm going with the status effect/ability mods. Give up speed but gain the ability to inflict daze upon taking damage from an attacker that can't be dispelled. Mod sets that ignore armor. Mod sets that ignore protection. Draw back is reduced speed and requires all 6 mod spots. Could be interesting.

If they drop speed all together from mods, it would be a really hard push to get away from 5 dot with speed. I think they would have to at least offer the same amount of speed or be a huge jump in stats which would cause the same argument as before that they invalidate all the work from gear
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member

If they drop speed all together from mods, it would be a really hard push to get away from 5 dot with speed. I think they would have to at least offer the same amount of speed or be a huge jump in stats which would cause the same argument as before that they invalidate all the work from gear

I think they could only drop speed if they offered very unique status effects. I agree that too big a bump in primary stats would be a set back. They definitely (or at least hopefully) won't add even more speed secondary bumps. I don't want to face 300+ speed zPalp teams in arena and TW.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Obvious workaround for the first point is to assign all your mods so they show up on third-party sites.

That's easier said that done. I have every one of my characters fully modded, and it's all those EXTRA mods that cannot be viewed on swgoh.gg
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno I thought you were saying that being a woman down in the office, meaning, you are a woman in the office... so I was confused by what you meant.

Reading it in context of being without Kozi in the office; it changes the whole conversation.

Yes, I apologize for any confusion.

Maybe next time say a dev down so you don't upset an easily upset community
  • Maebalzurakin
    170 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I got an ingame popup about a twich livestream regarding changes to fleet arena. I clicked on it and it took me to a live chat with some guy who spent 10 minutes ranting about how cool he was that he is in a livestream without really saying anything. It was all I could take before turning it off.

Is there any real information out there that can be shared?
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Shadowsforce50
    61 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Could not watch it either
  • I joined it as well and there was so many questions being spammed and no answers being given.. not very helpful lol
  • Can anyone post the link? I got the pop up but closed it, I figured the link would be posted on the forums anyway.
  • Twitch.tv/dbofficial125
  • Twitch.tv/dbofficial125

Thank you!
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Rynchenzo wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Love the Game Changers, but I wish they would publish a post when they do these types of interviews. Time is precious, and I can read MUCH faster than watch a video.
    Seconded. It's rarely convenient for me to watch videos on my phone, but reading text is much more accessible (and miles quicker)

But I guess people don't get famous by writing text these days

Print is dead.

Not really: They are doing a chat (aka print) webcast now. Uhhg.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Please @CG_Carrie do not link us to livestreams ever again... I'll wait for an edited version thank you
  • twist wrote: »
    My hunch is that 6 and 7 dot mods will be upgradeble from 5 dot mods

They better! Otherwise this game will burn. Years of building up mods, just to make them all pointless?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Franimus wrote: »
    Please @CG_Carrie do not link us to livestreams ever again... I'll wait for an edited version thank you

Couldn't agree more, it's just a regular stream. I didn't hear a single word about fleet pve in the 5-6 minutes I've streamed.
  • I watched 5 minutes. That was unbearable. Just when I thought CG couldn’t waste any more of my time they gone done and did it .
  • They chose worst way to communicate and that is twitch chat
  • It was a REALLY bad choice as a form of communication. They should have the guy doing an interview or taking to the devs... Watching this random guy play the game, and keep thanking new subscribers was a complete waste of time. I know the devs were making comments and answering q's in the Chat area.. but that was impossible to follow and read.
  • Yeah, swing and a miss on that one... no more of those please.
  • Can’t knock them for trying different things. Sometimes things just don’t work out. Game changers are a cool avenue to go to but everything should come back to here.
    Even if it’s just a bullet point summary of a video or live stream.
  • giphy.gif
  • I've changed my stance on the whole thing. I was like awesome cool they gamers like me, but now I feel they being shoved down our throat. There's better ways like other people have said to give us information. Trying to make them relevant. Some of them our pretty cool to listen to, but I just feel like now it's more like forcing us to view their channels to get breaking news. And sitting through worthless content, for a snippet of what you actually watching for.

Not of fan of this way anymore
  • This was such a letdown. Saw the popup in game, got super excited. Went to link only to find...

No new announcements, just a random game changer I’ve never seen before doing a lot of self promotion. Can’t keep up with the chat screen, very difficult to track what the CG devs were responding to.

If there was any new, exciting announcement about Ship Arena and fleets, I blinked and missed it.

Kudos for trying something new, but please don’t do this again, especially with a pop up in game.
  • Kreontas
    220 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    There is a YouTube video with the interview https://youtu.be/xmegRzc3-SE
    They probably messed up and linked his livestream instead of the actual video with devs...