Placed 1st against all odds with my lower rated team

Prev1
Vilancio
27 posts Member
edited December 2015
To my surprise I placed 1st today on my server without using Barriss or Dooku. My team is only rated 14k compared to the top 10 who were mostly rated between 15k to 17k with some 7 stars in the mix. I've spent maybe around $40 in this game.

12_img_5074.png
12_img_5075.png

My team:

4* Sid (lead)
4* Ig-88
5* Lumi
5* Talia
4* Consular

Replies

• Thats awesome, congrats.
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • Akaryn
    58 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    No surprise there ... You have an offense focused team - especially against all those Barriss Tools you'll easily snipe them down 1 at a time. Congrats though!
    However, once you face lvl 60 offense heavy teams goodnight! Especially IG will be a one shot for leia or the like.
  • Thanks guys! I pulled it off again today somehow. Same setup with the lowest team rating within the top 10.

12_img_5078.png

12_img_5079.png
  • Shizmoo
    99 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    How do you not get booted out to oblivion with that team. I can only get to rank 100 only able to use my five attacks to get back there everyday
  • Vilancio
    27 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm not in 1st place all day. I try to place within the top 20 during the last hour before rewards get handed out and I spend an extra 50 crystals. I've definitely lost against the top 15 several times, I got lucky on critical hits moving up.
  • Congrats...I'm sure your fellows in the top 20 probably want to kill you, lol.
  • grats mate and enjoy the 1k arena credits and 500 crystals prize :p
  • I appreciate it folks. @ TheVinegru I think they want to kill me even more now lol. I've faced a lot of Kylo Ren's today, I'm glad that people don't have him at 7* stars yet. I have yet to see Finn in PVP, anyway I guess 3rd time's the charm. :p

12_img_5083.png
  • My server which isn't fully lvl 60 yet but very close to it, everyone has 7* Sid and lum. It's very hard for me to beat teams around top 20 although I usually end up near 50th rank either a bit lower or just at 50ish.
  • The top ratings on my server today

1st 15,314 rating (myself)
    2nd 19,623
    3rd 15,638
    4th 18,740

Some of them had Kylo Ren, Bariss, Dooku and Vader. My team relies heavily on crits to win. Just want to show people that you don't have to invest heavily into this game to compete in pvp (maybe I'm also lucky with my server placement). I think I'm up to $70 now since last time.
  • Vilancio wrote: »

Some of them had Kylo Ren, Bariss, Dooku and Vader. My team relies heavily on crits to win. Just want to show people that you don't have to invest heavily into this game to compete in pvp (maybe I'm also lucky with my server placement). I think I'm up to $70 now since last time.

This is a great point. The big part here is the AI of the enemy. From what I can tell more than 3 weeks in, I think the AI is worth about a -20 to -25% handicap to the defending team. If you are within 20-25% of the team power (general guide as power doesn't encompass many aspects of a team's ability) than you should be in good position to contend and win that match.

Grats to you sir, regardless of server or whatever on levels (you can only fight who's in front of you right?), you pulled #1 3 times and that's awesome. Great prizes there.
    The top ratings on my server today

1st 15,314 rating (myself)
    2nd 19,623
    3rd 15,638
    4th 18,740

What did you buy with $70? Anything good?
  • Im around $15 in game. Just bought shards here and there, no toons. My team is 15000 now, and Ive stayed 90th to 200 the whole time. Ive actually focused on my consular, Eeth Koth, Talia, the Wookie, aquiring and 4 starring Luminara, and worjing on Lobot. I wasted a good bit of resources on getting Ansoka Sono and starring her to 4 stars. I could do better but I enjoy where I am at
  • Eeth Koth is a beast though, highly underestimated. His damage and hp are respectable.
  • @ JohnnySteelAlpha I can agree with those numbers and thank you for the positive comments and support!

@ xJazzx I've spent $70 on the droid pack and crystals.

@ Mephisto_style You can't go wrong with Lumi & Talia. Glad you're enjoying the game!

It's been a good day once more and am happy to see lower rated players in the top 10!

12_img_5091.png

The top 4 rankings today

1st 16,184 (myself)

2nd 17,447

3rd 19,109

4th 19,454

Underdogs ftw!
  • Been getting a lot of PM's asking about my tactics and strategy. I've shown you all the characters I use, but I won't reveal the rest. Besides my tactics are easy to figure out and have to add that everything I've done is legit and allowed.
  • Thrixel
    12 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Tactics: Kill squishy burst dps first unless there is one that has a really nasty debuff or buff for enemy squad. Get rank #1 with 50 crystals refresh for more attacks. (Hope that you get lucky on timing when trying to fight rank 1-10) The time that deep tactics are involved is not now. That comes when everyone has 10-20+ characters 7* and we start seeing more variety in group make ups.
  • I am around 400 dollars in the game :D I have been between top 50-1 rank since the release hehe #Behold the great Sinbad of the seven galaxies!
  • Day 5 was a close call today, I literally finished for 1st two minutes before rewards were sent out. Most difficult fight was against someone using Teebo as lead. I really want one now too.

12_img_5098.png
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    Congrats. The best part of your story is I have all of those toons sans the 5 stars. Gonna try it out.
  • Lmao plastic knife
  • Day 6 and I got it again. I think I'm done going for the 1st prize, too much pressure. :D
  • I came 10th today on my server but I'm 4-5k and 4-5 levels below the rest of the top 10 so I figure I'm punching above my weight. Best finish I ever had was 6th.
    29dwkd4.png
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Vilancio
    27 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I came 10th today on my server but I'm 4-5k and 4-5 levels below the rest of the top 10 so I figure I'm punching above my weight. Best finish I ever had was 6th.

Good job!
  • **** dude. Nice. I'm at $400 and struggling to keep top 10. I do have a 3rd place, two 4th places, and a 5th. Mostly just ganking from other people in the last 20 mins.

What time CST does your server finish? I feel like I am the only one ganking places on my server. Mines is 6cst... Ive considered the possibility that the times may vary. Some people move up to top 10 an hour after the finish. seems silly.

I had to play catch up tho and burned a lot of crystals to level up within range of the top of the pack. The top 2 on my server are unobtainable. +5 levels on me and 6 to 7 stars.

Keep it up!
    134-693-359 Full but accepting lvl 70 only

dj
  • Dajackal wrote: »
    **** dude. Nice. I'm at $400 and struggling to keep top 10. I do have a 3rd place, two 4th places, and a 5th. Mostly just ganking from other people in the last 20 mins.

What time CST does your server finish? I feel like I am the only one ganking places on my server. Mines is 6cst... Ive considered the possibility that the times may vary. Some people move up to top 10 an hour after the finish. seems silly.

I had to play catch up tho and burned a lot of crystals to level up within range of the top of the pack. The top 2 on my server are unobtainable. +5 levels on me and 6 to 7 stars.

Keep it up!

Our server is pretty much at the same time. That's what I use most of my crystals on too and I use some get in top position in pvp as well. Don't let the higher levels, gear rating and 7* characters discourage you from getting the top spot. I've faced and beaten several opponents with 7* characters, up to 3500 higher gear rating and 4+ higher levels levels than me.

Nice job yourself! Thank you for the positive feedback.
  • Vilancio
    27 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Day 7 1st prize in the bag. I think I shall retire as champion on my server. I'll be content with top 20 from now on so I don't have to spend any additional crystals on pvp.
  • No offense but you're on an extremely weak server, the the #2 and #3 guys are level 52 and 53, I'm on a fairly new server too and the top 5 are all 57+, if. It's not that hard to get #1 if you're facing sub par competition. The top 3 guys in your server wouldnt even survive in the top 50 till the next day on my server, and in other servers wouldnt even be in the top 200.
  • No offense but you're on an extremely weak server, the the #2 and #3 guys are level 52 and 53, I'm on a fairly new server too and the top 5 are all 57+, if. It's not that hard to get #1 if you're facing sub par competition. The top 3 guys in your server wouldnt even survive in the top 50 till the next day on my server, and in other servers wouldnt even be in the top 200.

I take no offense, but you just insulted the entire server I'm on. Have you played against the people on this server to conclude they are all just "sub par"? Curious where you're getting your info, I don't see a level 52 or 53 on our top 5.

No offense but you're on an extremely weak server, the the #2 and #3 guys are level 52 and 53, I'm on a fairly new server too and the top 5 are all 57+, if. It's not that hard to get #1 if you're facing sub par competition. The top 3 guys in your server wouldnt even survive in the top 50 till the next day on my server, and in other servers wouldnt even be in the top 200.

I take no offense, but you just insulted the entire server I'm on. Have you played against the people on this server to conclude they are all just "sub par"? Curious where you're getting your info, I don't see a level 52 or 53 on our top 5.
    The first picture you posted was you at #1, the #2 at level 53, and the #3 at 52, I'm not trying to hate but it's not that impressive getting #1 when the people in your servers aren't crazy pay to win guys. When I say subpar I'm talking about their levels and stars. I'm on a fairly new server but there are already several level 60's, and barely anyone below 57 in the top 15. People guys only 2-3 levels above you is normal, I'm 100% f2p and to keep my rank from 20-50 I have to fight 54s-57s in a daily basis, and once i finish my 5 battles I get put back to 50-70 rank the next day because I don't pay to win so my defense can't keep up.