Are speed mods the best set for . . . everybody?

2Next

Replies

• C_Sandurz
    84 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    RT needs exactly +0 speed to be incredibly effective. Mine has +10 or so and it is purely because they happened to be on the mods I needed for her. However, I see her as more of an exception...
  • I think speed mods are best but the question I ask myself when nodding a character is how much do I sacrifice from other stats for a few extra speed? Is +4 extra speed worth sacrificing extra potency on Palp? Or is +6 speed worth sacrificing extra crit damage on FOTP? Etc, etc.. I usually won’t sacrifice from other needed stats for +2-3 extra speed or something. Some exceptions sure but for the most part that’s how I mod.
  • As I said, it is very situational and personal about exactly how much speed you need. If all of your opponents palps have 222 speed, you need to be 223 to get your move first, always. difference between 223 and 230 in this regard is meaningless. However, it will make you get your turns faster non the less.
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    C_Sandurz wrote: »
    RT needs exactly +0 speed to be incredibly effective. Mine has +10 or so and it is purely because they happened to be on the mods I needed for her. However, I see her as more of an exception...

First off, I think RT is a he. You're probably thinking of RP.

But to the point, RT still benefits greatly from speed.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Tenacity sets for:
    Magmatrooper
    Jedi (under grandmaster yoda zeta lead)

Health and defense sets:
    Most autotaunters, including kenobi (provided you have decent speed secondaries)

Health sets:
    Barris
    zSavage

Resistance trooper needs offense, crit damage, and potency with absolutely no focus on speed

Just some examples I thought of
  • Tuftedpaper85
    1811 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    TVF wrote: »

TVF wrote: »

Resistance trooper gains zero benefit from speed. He needs to be run in a zFinn or Rey team, both of which provide him great tm boosts from regularly exposing characters. You want to mod him heavily for offense and crit damage, to maximize his damage, with some potency to get his exposes to stick more (this is coming from someone who made RT his first gear 12 toon many months ago)
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    He does not need potency under JTR (flat 70% expose chance) and his TM gain is more beneficial with more speed.

EDIT: And yes I'm aware he can expose twice on his basic under JTR and so he needs potency for that, but it's a trade-off.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    He does not need potency under JTR (flat 70% expose chance) and his TM gain is more beneficial with more speed.

EDIT: And yes I'm aware he can expose twice on his basic under JTR and so he needs potency for that, but it's a trade-off.

He gains 65% turn meter anytime someone lands an expose, which is pretty often under JTR leads and it's very fast. Maybe he doesn't need potency under her lead (which he absolutely does under finn's lead), but you should still focus on offensive primaries and secondaries.

As long as he doesn't get dazed, he can move very often, even with only 150 speed